Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 248

MaZtoR

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

no x, getting better on that doable solo

http://up.picr.de/33305234qc.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

bass

http://up.picr.de/33305410yr.jpg

http://up.picr.de/33305411ne.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Rolling in the Deep on bass 100%

Contrary to @@NoonyDeloony and @@ZeroPingNZ, I find Highway To Hell far easier than the Arctic Monkeys' track - 100% on HTH, but still working my speed up on Still Take You Home

Oh I agree it's easier, I'm just not in the zone when it comes to playing this particular AC/DC track... I like their silly stuff like Big Gun :D

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Can anybody play this part without cheating and playing every other note? I tried RR and can do it 80% but I lose the rhythm when trying faster... 

What song and problem are you having so I can take a look at it?

It's Kreator bass. There is a picture of the section where it doubles the speed for literally no reason

Still Take Yo Home on bass 100%

I might not get a try on Gods of Whatever this week because I am rebuilding my headless 34" scale bass into a headless bass VI.  It will be tuned to D standard, so that with a Capo on the second fret, it will have the same scale and tuning as a "normal" bass VI.  Whenever a song needs me to downtune to Eb or D, I will just move the capo.

Edit... almost forgot...Take THAT FreeBird Police!

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

c84dff8129.png

Love dem monkeys. Going to have to try to push it to 100.

a5282b5544.png

I dunno if the timing's off on the Adele track, but I can't get the palm mutes to register when I play in time - even if I don't palm mute it (which usually works). I tried doing sixteenth notes (twice as often for most) and that seemed to register okay, but sounds terrible, so I can't be arsed to keep it up :lol:.

• Like 1

As fast as this song is, I was expecting a much harder and faster solo. No clue why it says 97% mastery as well

7igo90a.jpg

@@ZeroPingNZ After playing the bass track, I don't think its random. If you listen carefully you can hear the drum kick go from playing eighth to sixteenth notes or essentially doubling its speed. If you're having a hard time keeping rhythm then unfortunately the only way to get better is to practice with a metronome. Rhythm is one of those things that can't be taught, you'll have to practice until you understand it.

If you don't have/want to use a metronome then play prog. songs or songs with odd time signatures. It's a good way to learn rhythm since it'll be constantly changing.

• Like 1

zjZ8vgB.jpg

6rmB8Vv.jpg

aPMmjGg.jpg

2eUUZCB.jpg

I agree with others that AC/DC and Arctic Monkeys should switch position for difficulty. I would say AC/DC is a 4? 

Got lucky with the Kreator track and got it on my first go - certainly wasn't expecting that. 

• Like 3

Enjoyable song!  First shot on lead.  Of course my son makes it look easy on bass...

cmyA12D.jpg

How do you do it? Just connect two cables and play together?

Finally - @@diceslinger - you are the second player ever in the CS who has posted a multiplayer screenshot.

I myself (try to) play with a dear friend once a week (which is not so easy cause he has to fly over to germany for work), but i really think it doubles the fun and you get and can give real feedback.

@0PNZ - yes, just plug in a 2nd cable - go to multiplayer and rock!

@scoremanagers - Weeks Scorepage was created and is ready to go.

sorry for the delay!

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

leader changes:

@@ZeroPingNZ - beg lead

@@MaZtoR - adv lead

@@genobadass - beg rhy

@Rodman - adv rhy

@@MaZtoR - mc rhy

Congratulations!

33312136us.jpg

Rock on!!!

• Like 3

+ rhy

http://up.picr.de/33313457oz.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, I updated the scores but I think I made some mistakes. In details, maybe someone else had a 100% on Adele's Bass but I can't find it anymore. Sorry, whoever achieved the score, let me know.

Also, since I filled in a good number of runs there could be imprecision. Tell me if you spot any mistake.

• Like 2

How do you do it? Just connect two cables and play together?

Yep, that is it.  Plug in two cables and go to multiplayer.  It works well when one plays the bass and the other a lead or rhythm part.  When you play rhythm and lead it can get a bit hard to hear who is playing what.  My daughter likes when we both play rhythm because she can play her part at her DD level, but then see what it looks like leveled up and try that for the parts that are too easy for her. Lots of fun!

• Like 4

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

I dunno if the timing's off on the Adele track, but I can't get the palm mutes to register when I play in time - even if I don't palm mute it (which usually works). I tried doing sixteenth notes (twice as often for most) and that seemed to register okay, but sounds terrible, so I can't be arsed to keep it up :lol:.

I'm seeing this problem a bit too, particularly on lead.  It is better if I don't do the palm mutes.  I expected it on my hollow body guitar, but I still had the issue on my strat.  Let me know if you figure out any fixes.

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Finally - @@diceslinger - you are the second player ever in the CS who has posted a multiplayer screenshot.

I myself (try to) play with a dear friend once a week (which is not so easy cause he has to fly over to germany for work), but i really think it doubles the fun and you get and can give real feedback.

Totally agree, multiplayer is fun!  I played with my kids for a year and they had a little First Act guitar, but it was too small for anyone else to play.  I recently inherited my dad's guitar collection, and now we play with those.  With a stable of guitars I'm now spreading the love and getting my nephew and his mom playing Rocksmith as well.  It's a cool way for the kids to connect with a missed grandfather.  Just wish he were still here to see it.

• Like 4