Rocksmith 2014 Remastered cannot get CDLC to work!

Reznoz_OG

Question

So I am new here and this has probably been answered but I cannot find anything, I have 2014 RS remastered and I have placed the D3DX9_42.dll file in the rocksmith root file and I have tried to download one CDLC and placed it in my DLC file and it will not appear on my list of songs when I run the game. Yes, I have already purchased Cherub Rock. still does not load the CDLC. any help?

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@Reznoz_OG Are you sure you put the CDLC in the DLC folder of Rocksmith?

If yes, may we have some screenshot of where you put everything?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I followed the instructions but that did not work. I am using a mac and I have tried putting the file in both root file and dlc file and can't get it to work. 

I also put the run patch rs, insert dylib and librsbypass files in the dlc folder.

I have Cherub Rock.

I also read I need to run the run patch rs file. What does that mean and how do I do that?

• Administrator

@@NickTheSticl You need to follow this for mac.

Note that you also need to make sure to get files that end in _m.psarc or they won't show up.

PS : you can convert _p.psarc to _m.psarc using the toolkit that you can find here : http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/39922-latest-rstoolkitwine-releases-10-27-2017/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@NickTheSticl You need to follow this for mac.

Note that you also need to make sure to get files that end in _m.psarc or they won't show up.

PS : you can convert _p.psarc to _m.psarc using the toolkit that you can find here : http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/39922-latest-rstoolkitwine-releases-10-27-2017/

The cdlc files are _m.psarc files.

• Administrator

@@NickTheSticl I think you misunderstood the instruction for the patch, did you launch the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command"? If yes, what message did you got?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@NickTheSticl I think you misunderstood the instruction for the patch, did you launch the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command"? If yes, what message did you got?

The message I got was

Last login: Sun Jul 22 13:05:11 on ttys000

/Users/nicholaschill/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/__RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

Nicholass-Air:~ nicholaschill$ /Users/nicholaschill/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/__RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

-bash: /Users/nicholaschill/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/__RUN_PATCH_RS.command: cannot execute binary file

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I bought the game code from Kinguin if that makes a difference. Kinguin is an aftermarket site to purchase game codes.

• Administrator

I realized i forgot the link to the instruction :

http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Note that the patch don't need to be in your DLC folder (you can also delete the dll file which is useless to you).

There's a naming issue with the "__" in front of the file name which can cause the patch to not work as intended.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I realized i forgot the link to the instruction :

http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Note that the patch don't need to be in your DLC folder (you can also delete the dll file which is useless to you).

There's a naming issue with the "__" in front of the file name which can cause the patch to not work as intended.

I changed the name of the files, removed them from them dlc folder and got rid of .dll file. Still doesn't work.

• Administrator

You need to run the patch command to make sure the dylib files gets copied inside RS app, without it, it won't work. Again follow the instructions and see what message you get when running the patch command cause as long as you get some kind of error like : "cannot execute binary file" it won't work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

You need to run the patch command to make sure the dylib files gets copied inside RS app, without it, it won't work. Again follow the instructions and see what message you get when running the patch command cause as long as you get some kind of error like : "cannot execute binary file" it won't work.

Can't get it to open. Same with other 2 files.

https://youtu.be/t3N_VXJxvvQ

• Administrator

About the permissions :

"Repeat for the other two files needed for the patch ("insert_dylib" and "libRYBypass.dylib")"

Note that if even then, it doesn't work you can always try to copy both "insert_dylib" and "libRYBypass.dylib" inside the RS app (you have to go inside the RS app into contents and MacOS and place the file there)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

About the permissions :

"Repeat for the other two files needed for the patch ("insert_dylib" and "libRYBypass.dylib")"

Note that if even then, it doesn't work you can always try to copy both "insert_dylib" and "libRYBypass.dylib" inside the RS app (you have to go inside the RS app into contents and MacOS and place the file there)

It still won't let me open it. I tried restarting my computer and that didn't work. I even tried reinstalling rs.

okay so i've had rocksmith 2014 (remastered) for a few months  i have it for steam on the PC  didn't know i could get cdlc so today i decided to go for it i BOUGHT cherub rock you can see it in the steam library the little box is checked it is for sure 100% installed on the game  hours of messing around trying to just get cdlc to appear in the game when its running .. was so psyched until after the tuning it froze and the esc key would not work i had to force exit the game i tried to make sure that i got the most up to date dll file for it (which yes is in the root folder not the dlc folder) i have also clicked into properties and unblocked it http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/ this is the latest one i have found... i have looked everywhere man what else can i do here?