Upcoming Video of How to make a custom DLC

Snake3169

Question

Since I noticed a gigantic gap in how to make a proper DLC for Rocksmith 2014. I am going to be doing a video next weekend of how to make a DLC from scratch. Going to cover ever aspect of making one. From beginning to end. Hopefully it helps some people or improves the quality of DLCs that are being released.

Will post it next weekend in the Help Thread. Hopefully I can get it sticky'd.

• Like 16

You will never get a set of tabs that is 100 percent accurate to the song beat for beat. It ALWAYS needs syncing.. slow it to 50 percent, F5 for wave form, and settle in for 30 minutes or more of rinse and repeat.

I watched some of this.  Besides the volume issue, it would be cool if you could demo this as you actually go through the whole process of creating a customm.  Some of the stuff you talked about (like using UltraStor), you covered so quickly that I have no idea if what I heard is what you really meant.  Also, when you're talking about the doing stuff in EoF, you scroll back and forth in the song very quickly for apparently no reason, and that's very distracting.  I'd love to see you break this into one on importing tabs and a separate video on how manually add notes/chords.  The reason I say this is because if somebody has a really good tab and doesn't need to manually add any notes, the entire middle part of the video (probably at least 1/3 of the video) is taken up by manually adding notes.

Otherwise, thanks for doing this.  I may take a shot at making a custom or two based on this.

Snake,

I have been working and practicing on making a custom.  I have got the song into Rocksmith and i see the notes ready to go but the thing does not scroll to start the song.  The song loads up does the tuning thing then you see the track to start but it just sits there for couple seconds then ends.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks,

Thanks Snake,

I found what i did wrong i wasn't converting the wwise file properly and putting in the packaging.  Once i converted it properly and packaged it works.  I got couple of minor glitches to fix but i should be on a roll pretty soon.

Thanks for the help the and tutorial vid.

Hey Snake,

TYVM for doing the lengthy tutorial. I havent had chance to watch it properly yet (at work currently) but it looks like it might finally get me to understand everything I need to do. I truly admire the effort and generosity of all those who work to create custom DLC, and am keen to do some myself, to get some 90s indie rock stuff up.

Your own effort making the tutorial to help those of use less gifted is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ravey

Got the jist of the video done.. just need to add a few things and edit it into steps and make sure everything is clear, then will publish it, more than likely it will be well over an hour or so long.