Upcoming Video of How to make a custom DLC

Snake3169

Question

Since I noticed a gigantic gap in how to make a proper DLC for Rocksmith 2014. I am going to be doing a video next weekend of how to make a DLC from scratch. Going to cover ever aspect of making one. From beginning to end. Hopefully it helps some people or improves the quality of DLCs that are being released.

Will post it next weekend in the Help Thread. Hopefully I can get it sticky'd.

• Like 16

That would be great!  How is the learning curve? 

Not as difficult as you might think. It depends on the person -- if you're the sort who likes to dig into software and see what all those buttons do, then you'll have a great time making customs. Lots of little buttons to press!

If you want to make things easy on yourself, find a GuitarPro file that's 100% accurate (go ahead, I dare you! :-P ), it makes the process MUCH easier.

But I'd encourage people to try tabbing by ear. It's much more difficult, but you really get to know the song well.

http://i.imgur.com/p8uFkKu.gif

sleepy

• Like 2

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

@@Snake3169 I am sure we can get it stickied for you. I know I am interested in seeing it.

Once you have it posted send me a PM so I can take a look and get that done for you. Thank you for taking the time to create something like this for our community!

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

I cranked up my sound in order to hear your voice-over and then when you hit play on EOF, I nearly blew my eardrums out.  If you could find a way to compress the audio so that your voice and the music playback are closer to the same volume, that'd be great.

• Like 2

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

I cranked up my sound in order to hear your voice-over and then when you hit play on EOF, I nearly blew my eardrums out.  If you could find a way to compress the audio so that your voice and the music playback are closer to the same volume, that'd be great.

^this

you can't follow the video otherwise, still a very nice piece of work. I'll be sure to check it out soon and be starting to create cdlc of my favourite bands!

Hi Snake3169, THANKS for the great tutorial.

I hope you don't mind but I've sorted out the audio levels in your video so I (and others: see previous comments) don't shit my pants when I play the music haha.

Shall I PM you a link to the edited video so you can reup it to youtube?

Man this syncing the notes thing is tedious but I guess if you want a quality custom it is very necessary.  Seems like it should be closer, the 1st few measures were almost dead on then it gradually starting getting off beat and steam rolled off course. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll keep at it and see what develops. Thanks again for the vid.