Tones not loud enough

Yojimbo1989

Question

The good news is that my first batch of songs is very nearly done, there are only three things that need to be done. The other two I'll post in the EoF section, since they're more related to things that need to be done in EoF. The third is about tones: even though I think the tones are accurate enough, I can't seem to get them to be loud enough. I tried playing with the volume settings in RST and for some reason that made the lead tone loud, but not the distortion. 

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

I've encountered it before too, it's kinda random. What you should do is keep the lead and distortion tones' volumes separate. If for example Lead is -29dB, you dont have to have the Distortion at -29dB too. Experiment a bit, it's kind of a hit-or-miss deal, I can never get it right the first time. If your Lead is too loud, lower it by about 2db or something similar and raise the Distortion one by about 2db as well. Another thing to keep in mind is your song file's has it's own volume too in the RST, maybe your tones have the right volume but the .ogg is too loud, mess around with that too!

Hope this helps!

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

• Administrator

@@Nick K. for song volume, i suggest to follow this : http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/35318-cdlc-creation-for-rocksmith-2014-remastered/?do=findComment&comment=262585

This way you'll ensure that at least this part will stay as consistent as possible.

I still don't really know the logic behind tone volume which is clearly different from the song volume and it's clearly a trial and error process here.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity