CFSM Fatal Error

garnert

I am having a problem with the CFSM. When I try to run it I get a message saying that a Fatal Error has occurred and I am about to delete all of my songs. The box asks: Do you want to continue? Your only two options are "Yes" and "No."

Naturally, I click "No" because I don't wan to delete my songs. But clicking "No" turns off  and closes the CFSM. So now I can't go into the "Settings" and try to fix the error. And when I click the icon to start the CFSM again, the same Error Warning and Options return. The only other choice I seem to have is to click "Yes," and I DON'T want to delete my songs. Thanks, Garner

• Developer

@@garnert Is this the error message you are are receiving ... "You are about to delete all work files created by CFSM, including any backups of CDLC files."?   CFSM will not delete your songs if this is the message you are receiving..

First download the latest beta version of CFSM, and installed it.  Then try running it again.  If you still have a problem make sure your AV is not blocking the CFSM application or the installer.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Read the tooltips that will popup and read the help menus in the task bar.  CFSM is pretty simple.and user friendly if you take the time to read the available help.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently tried to use the CFSM for a new song that I added, "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress," My antivirus went off telling me that there was a problem. I tried to close the CFSM, but it didn't work. The CFSM opened and ran a scan. Now my Rocksmith won't work. Rocksmith tries to open, then it just hangs. I can't even close it. I have to use the "Task Manager" to close it. I deleted the song from the .dlc folder in Rocksmith but it didn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated!   Thanks, Garner

• Developer

@@garnert Have a look here.  Sounds like you may need to add CFSM exe and installer to you AV's whitelist.  Rocksmith may also be blocked by your AV.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing Rocksmith on this PC for 3 years. I have logged over 500 hours. So Rocksmith isn't blocked by my AV. I even turned the AV off to try it with no change. The CFSM had been working fine too. But the last time I tried to run the CFSM it didn't work properly, the AV said that malicious software was found, and neither Rocksmith or the CFSM has worked since. I suspect a virus or malware that I got from the CFSM, but I can't track it down.

• Developer

Sounds a little snarky IMO.  GLTY

Not sure what you mean by "Snarky?" What I have done to this point is Uninstall the CFSM, Uninstall and Reinstall "Rocksmith" and preform a "Windows" upgrade. This has restored my Rocksmith to function normally again. However, I can't play any of the songs that I try to download from CustomsForge and all the songs that I had previously downloaded are gone. If I try to download the CFSM, "Windows Defender" immediately stops the download. If I try to play a song downloaded from CustomsForge, Rocksmith crashes and I have to use the "Task Manager" to close it and restart it. I'm afraid to allow the CFSM past my AV software because of the hell I've been through trying to get Rocksmith working again.

• 1 year later...

I just installed the newest version available on the web site (Version 1.5.7.8 PC Build). I am getting the same error message as described above posted by  the moderator on 15 July 2018..  This occurs when I focus on the Song Manager tab but the other tabs work properly..  When I select the tab the procedure counts all of the songs in the DLC folder, and begins to load files from the CFSM folder in my documents directory (Windows 10) before it stalls and produces the referenced message.  I tried turning off Windows Defender and Malwarebytes without effect.

Here is a second message that appears after I click "yes" to proceed.

There is an error in XML document (1, 539140), inner ',', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 539140.

CFSM will now shut down.