Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 247

Gamut

@@ZeroPingNZ doing also hard with these songs in beginner level :D

But dont have that much problems in finger stretching but I played a lot of billy talent in the beginning.

Big Red Gun (even 2 - 7)

Prisoners of Today ( 3 - 7)

Viking Death March ( 1 - 5) but this is not a cdlc

Cant evaluate which which difficulty these songs have

Will probably try to improve this one and give an intermediate song a chance this week. Do y'all typically edit a post or just submit a new one for improvements and such?

Welcome!

My advice is to submit new posts and not editing your previous results. Post 20 times in a row if you improve your results 20 times in a row (and no one will complain). If you edit your posts they are more likely to remain unnoticed.

• Like 3

Improvement 1:

R2IG8P0.jpg

Improvement 2, summarized:

1. "OMG it's coming the fast part, hours spent in RR, I'm so nervous"
  2. "I don't remember a thing and I had in mind to focus on my hand"
  3. *total panicking, so looking at the chart*
  4. *hand off position*
  5. "why am I picking the wrong strings too?"
  6. *check how many X*  
  7. "zero X? for real?"
  8. *uncontrollable giggles of disbelief*
  9. *more random notes*

I have some more days to fix this.

G4JDZmM.jpg

• Like 5

I improved Egg a little bit last night to 85%.  My son rocked the bass pretty well with an 88% for his first time playing the song!

4bkG0tL.jpg

Still can't get through Mother May I without it leveling me down.  I would rate it as a difficulty of 4 or 5 personally with the odd chords and the movement up and down the neck for the first third of the song. 

s2Rqb9V.jpg

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

@diceslinger  You can turn DD off in the settings. That way you will never be leveled down.

Thanks!  I didn't know you could do that.  I did get through it this morning, so I must be getting better at it.  But I was getting pretty frustrated last night.

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Still can't get through Mother May I without it leveling me down.  I would rate it as a difficulty of 4 or 5 personally with the odd chords and the movement up and down the neck for the first third of the song. 

It definitely isn't a beginner level song. 

I know the organizers of this Championship have more experience and wisdom on the difficulty ratings than I do.  I am interested to understand what goes into a song rating and see if a rating system can be codified.  Something to serve as guidelines to understand what skills are neccessary at a given level, and a way to see what techniques one should be working on to progress.

So, an open question to everyone, what are the techniques that you would expect each level to be proficiant at?  What puts a song at a certain level for you?  Does anyone have formal training that can speak to what was taught when?

• Like 2

I know the organizers of this Championship have more experience and wisdom on the difficulty ratings than I do.  I am interested to understand what goes into a song rating and see if a rating system can be codified.  Something to serve as guidelines to understand what skills are neccessary at a given level, and a way to see what techniques one should be working on to progress.

It mostly just guessing.. 

Everyone is good at different things and all the mixes of technics makes it impossible to have an accurate rating system. 

If you ever feel a song have been wrongly rated just give us a shout so we can try to correct it.

The first one was a bit harder than the beginner one last week, but after a few retry it was ok :)

challenge247.png

Still need to pratice but i think i can manage to get more than 92 before the end of the week ;)

challenge247_2.png

EDIT: I just saw that one part of the song wasn't at 100% difficulty  :(