Thread Exception - Null Reference

Hello,

I am having an issue when I try to add altered showlights. My package generates correctly until I add a showlights arrangement. At that point I get the thread exception error below. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

p4RyVI5.png

2018-07-08 12:07:07.6474 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main
 RocksmithToolkitGUI: v2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA
 RocksmithToolkitLib: v2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA
 RocksmithToolkitUpdater: v2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA
 Runtime: v4.0.30319.42000
 JIT: MsX86
 Wine:  

2018-07-08 12:07:35.5294 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__1

RocksmithToolkitGUI
Void UpdateSongXml(RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Arrangement, RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData)
Exception cached:

System.NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Void UpdateSongXml(RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Arrangement, RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData)    at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.UpdateSongXml(Arrangement arr, DLCPackageData info)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.btnPackageGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.UpdateSongXml(Arrangement arr, DLCPackageData info)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.btnPackageGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Developer

You need to use the toolkit CDLC Creator tab to add showlights as a new arrangement.  Null Exception usually means something is missing.  It may help if you post a screenshot of the CDLC Creator GUI just before you are pressing the Generate button.  Also post a link or the text from the modified Showlights xml file.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@Xaphist, um, try getting our latest beta first, then open new instance of the beta toolkit and "import package" you've created without custom showlight file. you'll see there's showlight arrangement there notice what parameters are used there in original package you're trying to alter showlight file make sure you've set all the things exactly the same(or just alter file contents of the cst_showlights.xml from your imported project) to test it.

Have a nice day\night :)

Thanks for the replies!

I tried a bunch of stuff and I think I figured it out. Basically I had just upgraded to the most recent version and I was importing a template created by my older version. Once I just started a new one from scratch everything worked fine.  Hopefully if I go back to update other songs I won't run into this issue!

Thanks!

• Developer

You can always create a new template with the new toolkit by 'Importing' an old song psarc file and then 'Save Template'.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy