How Long Does It Take to Create CDLC?

ethanarenson

Question

2 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@ethanarenson that's a very complex question with no fixed answer.

Note that as a beginner you will have to also lean the tools and some of the ins and out of the process which will add time to the whole process.

Overall i think beginners take up between 5 to 10 hours depending on the song and the ressources they have. Additionnal path when you have already one done isn't that much more time (it doesn't double if you do lead AND bass).

I know some experienced charter can create some stuff in about 3 hours but if you want to go deep and make sure the CDLC is top notch, it will take largely more than that.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

And it also depends on wheter you are charting the track yourself or whether you are using an existing tab, the latter help a lot, but is not always correct. When starting from scratch, most of the time is spent transcribing the notes, whereas if you have an existing tab, you are mainly working on synchonizing the notes with the music, and maybe a few corrections. I've done both and with an existing tab, I can get a working version in a couple of hours (enough to make it usable by me, but maybe not enough to publish it). Starting from scratch, though, I've had songs where I have put way more than 10 hours and I'm not done yet...

L