Rocksmith 2014 Championship week 246

@@Fandaru I am working on the Skip Row solo now, I don't think I will be able to get this up to speed in one week or maybe ever.  I did find for the transition instead of playing 9-10-11-9 on the high E to stay on the B and go to 14-15-16-14 instead (same notes).  The game marks it correct and it makes that transition to 16-17-19 almost possible when staying on the B string. 

It's a good tip, thanks. Will try later. Why don't you play all the fast bit (after 9-10 on 6th string) on the frets going from 14 to 17 then? You should avoid the hand movement completely, right? 

• Like 1

@@fjon The basics are you just post a screenshot of your scores (as you have done) and the spreadsheets get updated by the folks with the rights to edit the spreadsheet.  Here is a more detailed primer (hopefully this is the correct one):

http://customsforge.com/topic/6569-rocksmith-2014-championship-rules-read-this-first/

@@Fandaru I would do whatever makes it more comfortable for you to play.  If you like staying on E and the game recognizes the notes, it sounds good to me.  To me, it just does not sound like the guitar player is changing strings the way it is tabbed.

• Like 1

Welcome @fjon

Since you had very good runs, I would add your name to the Masterclass level for bass. Have fun!

Is there somewhere that tells me how to do this? I looked at the spreadsheets but couldn't really figure them out! 

I mean, I already put your name in the Masterclass level. Take a look at this: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lf7fjCEn6tpf-K73HmuMB28tvX22t1nX-ew7Bs6dWP8/edit#gid=1865954998

This is how we keep our results in order. If you slide the "week246" sheet to the right you'll see bass results. Since I thought you performed good I coloured your Masterclass result in black, the others in grey (which simply means you are beyond those levels and you won't be awarded any points). If you feel comfortable in the highest level we have here, things will stay this way; if you prefer otherwise, we can move you in whatever level you want. 

• Like 1

I'm giving this a shot, I'm curious to try to track my improvement.  

I started out with 90% and have improved to 93%

I didn't care for this song when I first heard it, but it is fun to play.

QrK9wa1.jpg

My first run on Sweet Little Sister was 87%, so I've improved that a bit to 90%.

0Lgrixj.jpg

• Like 6

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

So I've made some improvements

wah7UwU.jpg

I don't really feel like I'm playing this one except for a few isolated parts. The rest of it is just grabbing whatever my fingers can find and hoping for the best. I knew @@Stark_Knight would post a really good score for this one, considering he picked it. I'm hoping that I can get to 80% before this ends. I'll consider that a moral victory. There are 2 or 3 riffs that I know I can clean up some. Just gotta keep working at it.

zKctpGm.jpg

• Like 2