One CDLC Song Does Not Appear in RS

ethanarenson

Question

14 answers to this question

I am having a similar issue. I downloaded 2 songs and they work fine: "Lay Down Sally" and "All Apologies." Now I have tried to install "Bang a Gong" and " TNT." Both songs download and I can move the files into the Rocksmith folder just like the other songs. The problem being, they don't show up in my "Learn a Song" list. I have tried it a dozen times or more. I can see the file in the Rocksmith 2014 folder along with the other 2 songs that I downloaded. I just can't see them in the actual game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!    Thanks, Garner

• Administrator

@@ethanarenson i can't see any obvious as to why that specific file don't show up, your best bet is to ask the author and to comment on his work.

@@garnert i haven't taken the time to quickly check all the songs you mentionned but again, the author of the chart is the most likely person to be able to help you resolve it quickly and efficiently.

As a side note, repairing the file with CFSM might be able to fix issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Make sure to check if it's using the correct appID by using CFSM.
Also make sure nothing is at the end for _p.psarc (or _m.psarc if mac) as this will make it not show up.

If it's not using the correct appid please report it. Thanks!

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I am  pretty new to Customsforge so I am just learning all the terms used here. I am using a Windows, PC. I installed the  _p.psarc  file in the Rocksmith 2014 folder.  I'm not sure what to look for as an "appID"  or what the CFSM is or how to use it.

Try downloading the song again - make sure you overwrite the copy you have currently. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Usually this problem is because the song has the same DLC Key/Song Key as an existing song. This happened to me with some new ODLC recently which I'd got as CDLC. A friend pointed out that the DLC key could be the same, so once I'd changed those in the Toolkit, everything was fine and dandy again. As CDLC now has a pretty unique DLC key, I'm surprised that you're having this issue but let's see what the new version I generated with a different DLC key does for you.

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

Well, I tried that by accident  before I ever tried this forum and it didn't work. It added a "(1)" after the  "_.psarc,"  but the song still wouldn't play. But I'll try it again and let you know what happens. I know that it's probably just something I'm doing wrong. ;)

OK, I tried it many times and many different ways. I tried moving the file and overwriting the old one. I tried copy and paste and overwriting the old one. I tried deleting the file and moving a new one to Rocksmith. So far, nothing has worked.

I just tried another song by ZZ Top. It didn't work either. I wonder if I have to do the "D3DX9_42.dll" file over? Like remove it and install it again? I can't think of why it would work for 2 songs, then just quit working??? But it's probably something simple.

• Administrator

@@garnert the dll have no impact on a song showing up in the list, just on being able to play it. Have you tried with only that CDLC in your folder?

Have you tried to use CFSM to see if the app see the file?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks for the info on the dll. I wasn't sure how that worked.  If you mean, did I delete all the songs that worked from my folder to just try one of the new songs, "No."  I didn't try that. I was afraid that I might not be able to get them to work again. I'd hate to loose the 2 that I do have!  If the "CFSM" is the Customs Forge Song Manager, I tried to download and open it.  I could download it, but I couldn't open the .rar file. I downloaded another program so I could open the .rar file. Then I tried to use the program but it didn't seem to do anything?! If there is a way to use it without downloading it, I haven't figured it out yet. I do appreciate that you guys keep trying to help me figure this out!

So I figured out how to get the CFSM to open on my computer. I ran a "Full Scan" and it said that there was a problem with the .dll file. I checked Rocksmith and the songs still don't appear on the list??? I am still trying to figure out how to operate the CFSM to see if there is something else that I need to do. It is pretty confusing. There are no instructions that I can find. But I'll keep looking.

• Administrator

@@garnert In the "About" Tab, you can find a general guide to CFSM function by clicking on "General Help" that should help you navigate the first few step.

If you have issue with CFSM, the dev are more likely to be able to help you by creating a post here : http://customsforge.com/index.php/forum/122-issues/

Note that there's no reason that a song that worked stop working if you put it outside of the dlc folder. I really suggest you try with only that specific cdlc as it eliminate any posibillity of conflicting files.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

OK, so everything works now. Your suggestion to move all the songs out of the folder is what actually solved the problem...but not how you thought it might! My fear of loosing a song made me move just one song out of the "Rocksmith 2014" folder to see what would happen. When I tried "Rocksmith"  the song was still in the "Learn a Song" list and I could still play it??? So I went back to my "Rocksmith 2014" folder and looked again for it.  It wasn't in there! When I used the "Search" feature, it found it in the Subfolder, "DLC." So; instead of moving that song OUT, I just tried putting the other songs IN that folder. They all work now! :) So if anyone else is having this problem they should try this path:  Windows (C:) / Program Files (x 86) / Steam / Steam Apps / common / Rocksmith 2014 / DLC    Put the _p.psarc files in the DLC Subfolder.   Thanks for everyone's help!!!!