Rocksmith2014.exe has stopped working

Ollypop

Question

Hi all,

Just picked up RS2014 from the Steam summer sale having played it on PS4 for about 3 years and hearing a lot about cdlc. I installed it and then set up cdlc. My issue here is when I launch the game, the logo comes on screen for a few seconds, then I get a black screen and a pop-up with 'Rocksmith2014.exe has stopped working' appears.

Been googling for the past hour and have yet to find something that will help me. Wondering if anyone has come across this and managed to fix it. EDIT : I'm on Win7

I've tried updating/installing DIrext X Web which I believed fixed the file validation problem that was going on in Steam. 

I downloaded an update for C++ but it was already up to date.

I've also checked and unchecked 'run in compatibility mode' - also didn't fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS - if this is in the wrong forum, please let me know so I can delete/move it to the correct one. Cheers.

1 answer to this question

Similar thing happened to me on my laptop and pc both after windows 10 updated in April, in both cases it would lock up while loading and I would have to reboot the machine. After some hair pulling,in both cases I changed the display settings and it loaded normally. Don't know why, both had been on the previous settings for years. Might work for you, might not.