being a rocksmith charter is a bad experience(no one cares)

yaniv800

when youre doing a chart in this site you dont expect to get money or fame ; you just expect someone to appricate your work over time but no... sorry guys after doing more then 50 cdlcs here i can confirm ; nobodygivesacare! you can make 100 cdlcs here and your will get like 2 or 3 comments of people who says [Thank you] . You will never get people to play youre cdlcs ; the most popular cdlcs are just meme charts or when he says 123 its get faster ; i feel pity for those who made charts here since 2014-2015 and got none in return ; when you do guitar hero chart its 10 times easier and you will get much more to play your song ; i just feel like i need to warn those who are new in making charts ; dont put your heart and soul on someone none will ever appricate ; thanks for reading

Validation from other people is not going to be a reliable motivation to author charts. You should make charts because you like to do it or you like playing your favorite songs in Rocksmith.

Maybe when youre doing 5 or 6 cdlcs in this site i guess you dont care about people here ; or you wanna make this site as a cloud for you to redownload your cdlcs when needed.

Its insane to think that way that you dont care about people playing your charts or giving you some good words when doing 20-30 charts here

When you doing cdlcs and putting efforts uploading them to this site your expect overtime for people to play them in those youtube channels or give some good feedback ; but no you will never get any...

I disagree that charting is a "bad experience." It's just what you make of it. If you're not enjoying it, than maybe charting for rocksmith just isn't for you. I've made over 100 CDLC and haven't had a bad time. Being thanked by people or seeing youtube videos of your charts can be nice, but I think you should just enjoy what you do.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@yaniv800 i've stopped caring about people playing my chart a long time ago and i still make customs for my own pleasure (and i learn a fuck ton more by doing so than by playing guitar sometimes). It's always nice to see people notice your work but if that's your goal, you will be deceived.

Note that we (CF admin/mod) are painfully aware of it and ideas to change this isn't what is lacking but we don't have people with enough of both knowledge AND time to get much of our ideas into concrete system to help charter get more recognition and feedback on their chart.

We know it's an issue. We just don't have the power to change it as it is and i'm the first to be sad about this situation, trust me.

My time is also limited and as much as i would love to give feedback on every chart people make, it's just impossible and not even something i would enjoy in the long run so a few charter here and there creates groups to keep each other motivated but it's also hard to maintain such group together and active.

Overall charting isn't an experience for everyone and i get that some might be deceived by the reaction they get (or should i say they don't get) but i do think many of us found something different that works for us outside of other people reaction to our work.

Also that doesn't mean i'm not still looking if people download my chart and that i don't appreciate comment either but it's just a bonuses and not a necessity in itself.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@yaniv800 i've stopped caring about people playing my chart a long time ago and i still make customs for my own pleasure (and i learn a fuck ton more by doing so than by playing guitar sometimes). It's always nice to see people notice your work but if that's your goal, you will be deceived.

Note that we (CF admin/mod) are painfully aware of it and ideas to change this isn't what is lacking but we don't have people with enough of both knowledge AND time to get much of our ideas into concrete system to help charter get more recognition and feedback on their chart.

We know it's an issue. We just don't have the power to change it as it is and i'm the first to be sad about this situation, trust me.

My time is also limited and as much as i would love to give feedback on every chart people make, it's just impossible and not even something i would enjoy in the long run so a few charter here and there creates groups to keep each other motivated but it's also hard to maintain such group together and active.

Overall charting isn't an experience for everyone and i get that some might be deceived by the reaction they get (or should i say they don't get) but i do think many of us found something different that works for us outside of other people reaction to our work.

Also that doesn't mean i'm not still looking if people download my chart and that i don't appreciate comment either but it's just a bonuses and not a necessity in itself.

yeah man its comforting to know you really understand the situation well ; and its too bad there is noting to do about it

but i still think that there is somethings this site can do ; maybe to devide each cdlc to a category like: 70s music; 2000s music ; video game music ; to avoid confusion because when you look for something its pretty mess.

or doing a system that send you a mail to give feedback about the cdlc you just download ; recommendation system like: (if you like firekorns cdlcs you might like yaniv800 cdlcs); and maybe an option to donate to the cdlc maker(even a dollar to kind of say thank you).

Personally, I download and play a lot of CDLC and don't thank creators enough for their work.

Dreddfox puts his name on the in-game cover art and Avdocatwork credits himself at the start or end in the lyrics, which really help us players remember who made it and who to thank when we've enjoyed their work, even weeks, months or years later, without trying to find out who made the song, particularly when there are multiple versions.

This is probably the best thing I can recommend to do in regards to recognition from the creators' side.

Not sure if an endorsement system like the one Nexus Mods has would be easy to implement, where you are presented with a list of all previous downloads and can rate them, every time you return to the site.

Overall though, I'd like to thank all creators for making this game and website so awesome.

I play way more custom DLC than official DLC and even prefer some of the older customs to the official versions that replaced them and there is no denying that this game would be so much less without the effort all of you put into it.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• Administrator

@ as i said, ideas isn't the issue, we just don't have people to implement them.

Regarding the charter name in lyrics or added somewhere in the file is something i despise. CDLC are already signed with my name inside the file itself and CFSM can display this to all user if they are actually interested in knowing it. Also, if the CDLC was added in your collection when you clicked for downloading it (this happens by default), you can find it back from there : http://ignition.customsforge.com/search/collection

Note that global "thank you" post aren't really seen much by the charter themself either. It's nice to take the time to do so but i'm sure a lot would appreciate it if you actually did it on even one or two CDLC. Or if you do create a post about it, it's always nice to mention the member you really want to thanks which you can do by typing [ member=username ] in your post which will notify them.

@@yaniv800 Money exchange is a "no go", category and suggestion are ideas that we have but again, implementing them into the website and keeping them relevant is hard and complicated.

As much as i appreciate the suggestion, once again, ideas aren't the issue, we have ton of them to work with. We need actual dev with time to dedicate to this and that's a rare ressources to find and as long as we don't have any, things won't change no matter how much we wish it did.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity