Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 243

Gamut

Trying a new strategy since I'm not as active as I was a couple months ago. Doing a few playthroughs instead of just one so I can have a semi-competitive score while I wait for more free time.

Customary selection playthrough

4lo8pwZ.jpg

Good song but not my style so it took quite a few runs before I was able to play this decently

enRe9m5.jpg

• Like 1

Got a question:"The Rob Zombie song was repaired by customsforge tool. Is this acceptable, or is it a fail?"

If you mean you've repaired it yourself then it's fine. I've done it a few times as well to repair songs or just modify the tones and volume. As long as you're not changing the song in EOF then it should be allowed.

• Like 1

first scores of the week,

ba3a2mtca11zny46g.jpgI found this on quite easy..... this was my second try

v2sq7tig3w7v76l6g.jpgThis was also my second attempt.

9i504asj1f75ay76g.jpgHmmm not sure about this one, it mad my old ears hurt a bit  :(

onto the lead,

xg7m9hffsl3fe6s6g.jpg

I liked this one, so i hope to improve on this through the week,

5e1l9r8z5ozc6vf6g.jpg

This one will require a lot more work i think,

night night all

• Like 2

Got a question:"The Rob Zombie song was repaired by customsforge tool. Is this acceptable, or is it a fail?"

If you mean you've repaired it yourself then it's fine. I've done it a few times as well to repair songs or just modify the tones and volume. As long as you're not changing the song in EOF then it should be allowed.

I believe it was more fun and realistic, unrepaired. Anyway, Love this song:-) Cheers Butch

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I believe it was more fun and realistic, unrepaired. Anyway, Love this song:-) Cheers Butch

The CFSM is strongly recommended to be used to fix non remastered songs -

it fixes the 100%bug as well as missing DD and +5 arrangement errors with one click.

Make sure to enable "preserve stats" if you havent played the damaged song yet to show up in the UBI leaderboards together with the other players!

It doesn´t change notes or finger positioning, nor does it for tones or scrollspeed - how was it more fun unfixed then???

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Well... sad news make this a lot less joyfull, still as we do play their songs here all the time i shall tell a few words of this years bandperformances on the NovaRock festival.

Top 3?

3) Body Count feat. Ice-T: i really liked the old stuff back in the days, and a lot of that was played, very very tight performance opened with a slayer medley - anyone listening could only have liked the show.

2) Passenger: (!!!) what? yes. that single songwriter guy on stage, so un-rocky in front of a rock-only crowd, also unknown as person but then remembered by his only radio top hit "Let her go" that did change his life completely kicked us all telling stories and performing mostly sad songs for a good hour in a very unique way. Is it me getting soft in my old days ;) - well i wouldn´t mind but i really don´t think so - at least i´d not have been the only one. Just a hammer performance - go see Mike if you get the chance!

3) Iron Maiden: No surprise - no and yes: well i always managed to miss them until now (like Rammstein also) and already was angry about that... that year it finally came together and i thought - well at least one time on their old days before they retire.... and there is the no. Full Set 2:30h, all old stratocasters, bass and vocals top notch, maximum energy and obviously so much fun playing also all the old stuff of which there is much too much too play. Last show on day 4 - Everyone, also the 17yo kiddos where singing along at fear of the dark, the trooper, number of the beast and run to the hills. I really thought they would be just ok before the show.

(4) (The Hollywood Undead): Would have made it to 3 or even two, just i have only entered the stage at their last 3 songs, one of them was a straight to the face metallica/rammstein medley and then obviously 2 of their hits - so i can´t tell about the whole show. What i can tell Metal-Hiphop-Rap-a lot of Metal combo with 5 vocalists and a breathtaking shouting performance.

What else?

Everyone was really good this year, and everyone almost made sure to have a lil Slayer, Metallica, Killing in the Name Of in their set (i can live with that). Top 10 does carry by far too few places here. Only some that did great:

Marilyn Manson - gotten fat with vocally the by far the best time i´ve seen him now, for his belongs almost minimal show.

Megadeth - as expected great with a few technical difficulties with the mic on start.

Seiler&Speer - on home turf making 50000+ sing along, nice!

Life Of Agony - he is a woman now (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) The songs come tighter than ever.

Limp Bizkit, Volbeat, Jonathan Davies, Arch Enemy, Prodigy,Killswitch Engage, Billy Idol... very good.

Just Billy Talent, and i like BT a lot, still cool with a lot of young fans but their shows are getting worse, mainly depending on the worse songs coming from the last 2 albums, really interested in how they are gonna manage and whats coming in the next years, sad to see Aaron is slowly losing his fight against MS, only drumming 2 songs of the show.

• Like 9

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Best so far... some of the notes don't register no matter what. I also found that even though my guitar is tuned ok (+/-), when I play notes on the 12th fret, it goes to up to +15... It's a cheap ESP guitar.

You may need to adjust your guitars intonation. Loads of guides for this on the net. Here's one I found

edit: Changed url the other guide was a bit rubbish

When I first set up my guitar I used the harmonic method, were you compare the 12th fret harmonic with the pitch of the string at the 12th fret. I felt this was the most accurate method and it did give good results.

Still missing notes all over the place, but it is getting better.   RR really helps with songs like this one.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Surrender%209528_zpsvnjxv90v.jpg

• Like 4