Error: Default RS sections that were added are missing. skipping writing the <sections> tag.

theoogy70

It turns out that file isn't an EOF project but is instead a web page that was saved with an EOF file extension. Could you upload the file again?

Oops.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/u8wqw5zud8995/Toby_Fox_-_Battle_Against_a_True_Hero

Something very strange occurred with this project. If you use the "Beat>Events>All Events" function, it will show that there are 4096 text events defined. This is the limit of how many text events EOF allows a project to have, so it fails to create a default "noguitar" section after the last note in an arrangement, and the error is given. I don't know if a Rocksmith import malfunctioned or what happened to cause the project to have all of these events. It doesn't immediately look like any of these events have any text, so you should be able to just use "Beat>Events>Clear all events" and then the error goes away when you save the project.

If you can find a way to recreate this condition, such as by creating a new project and importing a particular Rocksmith XML file, I can see if there's something I can improve. Otherwise I think I can add logic to remove text events that have no text as a workaround.

• Like 1

Something very strange occurred with this project. If you use the "Beat>Events>All Events" function, it will show that there are 4096 text events defined. This is the limit of how many text events EOF allows a project to have, so it fails to create a default "noguitar" section after the last note in an arrangement, and the error is given. I don't know if a Rocksmith import malfunctioned or what happened to cause the project to have all of these events. It doesn't immediately look like any of these events have any text, so you should be able to just use "Beat>Events>Clear all events" and then the error goes away when you save the project.

If you can find a way to recreate this condition, such as by creating a new project and importing a particular Rocksmith XML file, I can see if there's something I can improve. Otherwise I think I can add logic to remove text events that have no text as a workaround.

Thanks for the help, I will test this later.