Playstation RS2014 to PC version, is it worth it?

SkipperLipper

Question

I have Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for Playstation (3 and 4), and have purchased many songs from Rocksmith, but I am finding the selection of artists and songs limited.  So I Googled options, and found this website.  It appears that IF I bought a PC AND bought yet another version of Rocksmith 2014 (for the PC), that I would have access to a LOT more songs, from a LOT of different artists.  If this is true, I have the following questions:

1) Do you just download what I think are called CDLCs from this webpage? 

2) Are the songs free (vice $2.99 from PS4 store?)

3) Is there any lag like I had to fight with on the PS3 and PS4?  I would probably use headphones initially....

4) Do folks use a PC with Rocksmith 2014 to run the video (on a monitor on HDMI TV), and use a stereo or home entertainment system for the sound?  If so, do you need some kind of headphone jack-to-RCA or HDMI converter?

My apologies for my ignorance, but an answers and recommendations would be welcome.  I guess the fundamental question I am asking is... is it worth spending about $1000 to buy a new PC (I am a Mac user, and it appears there are almost zero CDLCs available here for a Mac), just so I can get more songs, by artists I like (like Pink Floyd).  If the CDLCs are free, and work well with Rocksmith 2014 on a PC, then the answer for me would be YES>

Thanks, Dan

7 answers to this question

I run RS on a outdated PC @ 1080p with all the settings on high. It an older AMD A8 APU with hybrid crossfire. What are you getting for $1000? It can probably run most of the newer games as well. If you're just trying to play Rocksmith you can probably go with a cheaper machine.

CDLC is free you are encouraged to buy the song. Most lag is caused by HDMI audio. I've never run into audio lag problems before but I use my optical audio output my PC to my home stereo. I would also use a Logitech usb headset and didn't run into audio lag. I'm not sure about the console versions problems.

I never use my TV speakers but it would be HDMI. If you are going to connect to a home stereo I would use optical if available if you don't have optical audio you best bet would be a 1/8th inch stereo to RCA converter to go from your PC to a home stereo.

The CDLC will work right from download to RS if you buy cherub rock by smashing pumpkins. If you don't want that track buy any official DLC and convert the CDLC to that song using the Rocksmith tool kit. Plenty of information on here on how to do that.

My apologies for my ignorance, but an answers and recommendations would be welcome.  I guess the fundamental question I am asking is... is it worth spending about $1000 to buy a new PC (I am a Mac user, and it appears there are almost zero CDLCs available here for a Mac), just so I can get more songs, by artists I like (like Pink Floyd).  If the CDLCs are free, and work well with Rocksmith 2014 on a PC, then the answer for me would be YES>

Thanks, Dan

HI, 

I use MAC for Rocksmith all of those PC's songs you can convert to MAC,

Catch mate http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Good luck 

Luke

• Like 1

1) Yes, you download the CDLC from the Ignition portal which you can get to by pressing "CDLC search" at the top.

2) CDLC is free, official DLC released by Ubisoft isn't. Also if an official DLC gets released, if a CDLC version exists, it gets taken down.

3) There is zero lag, at least for me, I also use headphones at it works perfectly.

4) I would strongly advise against that, as that would cause lots of sound and input lag. I just play at my PC as I would normally game on. However, I tried streaming to my TV using a Steam Link, but there was a huge sound delay (almost 2 seconds!) so yeah, not a good solution.

Also you don't need to spend $1000 on a PC, RS2014 has very low system requirements. 

• Like 1

I think @@Xellot plays this on an original model Surface Pro... you don't need a $1,000 computer if you only want to play RS2014. As to echo what was previously stated - you need one official DLC (Cherub Rock is highly recommended), and oDLCs that are released get removed from the Ignition database before the oDLC is released. oDLC files still cost money on Steam and your PSN DLC will not transfer with you. 

"You take it from me, eventually someone's gonna take it from you too. Secrets get passed around. And all sorts of people are going to die for the secrets. That's the curse of power." - Delford "Iraq" Wade - Watch Dogs

I feel so far away, minutes turn to hours and the hours into days - "I Don't Belong Here" - I Prevail

They're so ignorant, they don't understand, you were always longing for a chance - "Wasteland" - EarlyRise

I watched but never really listened as the whole world passed me by - "I Apologize" - Five Finger Death Punch

Have you ever had a dream? Would you fight for it? Would you go to war? Would you die for it? - "Bow Down" - I Prevail