Bluetooth Game Controller for PC?

luddite

Question

Hi,

I use RockSmith Remastered on my PC laptop and would like to not have to lean forward and hit use the keyboard to navigate. I’d love to have a Bluetooth game controller like for xbox/playstation. Any advice?

It would also help for hooking my laptop hdmi out into the lounge TV which would really annoy me to have to get up and walk to the tv... less than ideal.

Windows 10. Will have to probably remap the keys I'm guessing so some help there?

4 answers to this question

I think you can enable game pad controls in the options somewhere, if your laptop has Bluetooth you can connect ps4, xbox one slim controllers (apparently, never tried) or wii controllers to it and probably use them. You could also use xbox 360 controllers but you would need an adapter. You'd also probably need to find some drivers for the controllers but you can probably just google them.

If you dont have any of these you could use your phone as a wireless keyboard through some remote desktop program which can run through wifi if bluetooth doesn't work.

If you do need to remap controls you can use joy to key or xpadder to bind controller buttons to keyboard keys and mouse movements.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Windows 10 has native support for xboxone controllers and steam uses them well.  If you want to go cheap get a PS3 controller and use SCPToolkit.  It allows a ps3 controller to appear as a xbox360 controller to Windows and has blutooth support.  Since the PS3 is older and on its way out I would assume you can find a Dualshock 3 cheaper than a PS4 or Xboxone controller.

• Administrator

Rocksmith have a perfect support for gamepad so there's no need to remap anything at all.

Someone also shared an app for phones to control RS : https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/7wqli9/want_rocksmith_wireless_mobile_app_controls/?st=jehiaca9&sh=b7a57411

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity