Web Based AI Platform for reading in music and spitting out rocksmith song files

Hi,

I'm a developer looking to use tensorflow and golang to create an AI that will spit out rocksmith song files by reading in a song file from the web. I'll start a github repo, but I need help in a few areas. I need help writing rocksmith songs files mostly, but if anyone wants to collaborate on this, give me a holler.

I'm also trying to gauge interest. Like if you all like the idea.

• Administrator

@@jrlmx2 Please don't :)

Not that i don't like the idea! Just that it's impossible to get an IA to use a GP file and render a proper RS chart without human intervention.

It's already hard enough to get quality chart as it is...

But that just my 2 cent and if you have specific question regarding theory or how to interpret gp information, i would be happy to help anyway but i would prefer you to put your time and effort in something that would make charting easier for the user instead of trying to automate the whole process.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The AI portion is simple.  Then, we'd have to start feeding it information and rating the interpretations.

If you could point me to authoritative resources on GP files, RS charts, and theory that would be a great start. I appreciate any and all help.

Maybe I'll come to the same conclusions as you, but it'll be fun learning experience. Thanks! 

• Administrator

Well, here the part that i would consider hard :

Syncing a tab to a given audio, some automated system give decent enough result like Go Play Along but it can sometimes be weirdly off.

No tabs are perfect at all especially if you use site like Ultimate Guitar or Songsterr, the base of it can be decent but i can't recall the last time i haven't made any modifications to many part of such tab...

RS charts, looking into Iminashi guide in the tutorial sections can give you some interesting starting point already but i doubt there's a post with everything possible. Even the Ubisoft team still invent stuff here and there from time to time depending on the situation.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy