Windows 10 April 2018 Update Real Tone Cable "Fix"

Seth

Question

Searched the forums and didn't see any posts about this yet.  So to save people the time that I wasted trying to figure out why after the April 2018 update your real tone cable isn't working.

With the April 2018 update they added new privacy features that block most apps from using your microphone.

So to get it to work again go to your windows settings and search microphone privacy and switch it to allow apps to use your mic.  I wasted an hour trying to figure it out and reinstalled Rocksmith all over again when all I had to do was click this setting.  Hope this saves some people time after they get the windows update.

• Like 13

19 answers to this question

Microsoft - give us your money so we can break everything on your computer - once broke Photoshop on my computer and had to edit the registry to get the damn thing working

"You take it from me, eventually someone's gonna take it from you too. Secrets get passed around. And all sorts of people are going to die for the secrets. That's the curse of power." - Delford "Iraq" Wade - Watch Dogs

I feel so far away, minutes turn to hours and the hours into days - "I Don't Belong Here" - I Prevail

They're so ignorant, they don't understand, you were always longing for a chance - "Wasteland" - EarlyRise

I watched but never really listened as the whole world passed me by - "I Apologize" - Five Finger Death Punch

Have you ever had a dream? Would you fight for it? Would you go to war? Would you die for it? - "Bow Down" - I Prevail

I need to write up a proper tutorial from my own findings. Basically I ditched the real-tone cable and instead use a mix of 'Voice meeter' in (virtual asio mode) / using Reaper (any DAW would work) with my zoom uac-2 asio driver. This way Rocksmith still picks up my guitar but I get the benefit of using for example my custom tones with Bias FX. From there you can hook up midi foot switches etc. there is no discernible latency since the sound you hear is direct asio driver driven and get the awesome sound while again still having Rocksmith pickup the played notes. I also need to get back in gear with cranking out more EOF songs for the community. Why must work life be so much WORK!

• Like 2

I'm creating cdlc's cool...It may not be easy but slowly I'll get there...Thank you to this great community.

http://customsforge.com/topic/24341-matts-cdlcs-make-suggestions-as-well/?do=findComment&comment=186466

I need to write up a proper tutorial from my own findings. Basically I ditched the real-tone cable and instead use a mix of 'Voice meeter' in (virtual asio mode) / using Reaper (any DAW would work) with my zoom uac-2 asio driver. This way Rocksmith still picks up my guitar but I get the benefit of using for example my custom tones with Bias FX. From there you can hook up midi foot switches etc. there is no discernible latency since the sound you hear is direct asio driver driven and get the awesome sound while again still having Rocksmith pickup the played notes. I also need to get back in gear with cranking out more EOF songs for the community. Why must work life be so much WORK!

This is EXACTLY what I've been planning to do!!!!  I just moved so I was having to hold off another pay period or two.  But I wanted to download Bias 2, and play it along with RS!!!   Can you tell me exactly what I'll need, and how you did it?  I'm playing on a Surface Pro Tablet, and have been for years.  But I've been dying to get my hands on bias, and play with it and RS at the same time!

I'm playing on a Surface Pro Tablet, and have been for years. 

That makes two of us - have you gotten OBS streaming to work by any chance?

• Like 1

"You take it from me, eventually someone's gonna take it from you too. Secrets get passed around. And all sorts of people are going to die for the secrets. That's the curse of power." - Delford "Iraq" Wade - Watch Dogs

I feel so far away, minutes turn to hours and the hours into days - "I Don't Belong Here" - I Prevail

They're so ignorant, they don't understand, you were always longing for a chance - "Wasteland" - EarlyRise

I watched but never really listened as the whole world passed me by - "I Apologize" - Five Finger Death Punch

Have you ever had a dream? Would you fight for it? Would you go to war? Would you die for it? - "Bow Down" - I Prevail

Are you playing on the first Surface pro model?  And I have no clue what OBS streaming is.  I know this much.  If you turn your settings (visually) all the way down, you can play this game with zero problems.  I have over 3,000 songs and have no issues, unless I catch a bad cdlc.  Anyway.  Fill me in on the OBS thing.

@@Xellot - i use a pro 4 and can't get OBS to work properly - only shows a black screen and if I'm using it windowed then its so small (1366*768 res) I can't make out anything

• Like 1

Are you using a TV or a Monitor to play on?  I'm assuming you're not playing staring at the tablet.....   One thing you can do if you have to adjust the resolution is Zoom in on your TV settings.  IE: Wide, Zoom etc.  I have to turn my resolution down too, and I only run the game on 720p.  You really don't need fancy ass graphics, and to be honest I can't tell a difference in what I play, and what I see on youtube.  Message me real quick, and I'll toss you my name so you can message me on facebook.  I don't get notifications for this website, and I'd hate to leave ya hangin!  Cheers bud.

This is EXACTLY what I've been planning to do!!!!  I just moved so I was having to hold off another pay period or two.  But I wanted to download Bias 2, and play it along with RS!!!   Can you tell me exactly what I'll need, and how you did it?  I'm playing on a Surface Pro Tablet, and have been for years.  But I've been dying to get my hands on bias, and play with it and RS at the same time!

Just saw your reply. Give me some time and I will write up the exact steps. I'll up this post as well as create a new one. I will also try to provide a direct URL to the no cable patch I'm using. That was quite difficult to troubleshoot btw.

• Like 1

I'm creating cdlc's cool...It may not be easy but slowly I'll get there...Thank you to this great community.

http://customsforge.com/topic/24341-matts-cdlcs-make-suggestions-as-well/?do=findComment&comment=186466

Hmm, forums might be acting up, twice I tried to start a new topic for the tutorial and it just disappears. I did notify the staff on the issue. Hope to get you guys a tutorial soon. Thanks!

• Like 1

Wanted to get this tutorial up for you guys. I'm going to be updating it but here's the rough list thus far. Thanks.

http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/45961-asiowdm-tutorial-update-in-progress/

• Like 2

You are the man. The real tone cable was working fine outside the game but when i was 'alt-tab'ing in game no sound from the guitar. I tried for days with settings in windows 10 and inside the game and the .ini file to no end.You just saved a guitar, a real tone cable, an ASUS laptop and my mother in law going out of the window(3rd floor) Thank you very much. :lol:

• Like 4