cdlc quantity

brubeck99

Question

13 answers to this question

I have about 1500 and it loads ok.   I do have to wait a couple minutes for the "Enumerating Files" to finish and get all the songs in the list to be available.    One of these days I will use the set feature in  Customs Forge Song Manager to disable some songs I don't like or just can't do.  

I used to play on console but the enumerating was taking ages, was creeping up on 10min wait so I switched to PC, now no issues only a couple mins to enumerate and Im well over 2700 CDLC's

Only tracks I ever remove are duplicates that I find using the song manager utility

I try to keep it about 1.500, disabling them in CFSM, as the loading time stays in acceptable limits.

Adding/Removing, I'm still left with 1.640, I often keep songs I don't like, for a characteristic technique.

I organize them in sub-folders in the DLC folder, it's easy to move sub-folders to a folder level above, so they won't load.

I don't trust the setlist manager, CFSM is a great tool, but feels somehow unreliable, illogical  :huh:

Enumerating is faster when you stay in the Profile screen, waiting for the hard-disk to calm down.

(we have to wait for quantum computers for real multitasking, loading the program, sounds and graphics while computing the song list simultaneously, without stumbling :lol: )

Takes about a big minute, or two, time I use to play riffs from memory. ;)

• Like 2

are you talking about on Ignition or in the game? 

well i meant the cdlc has a tick at the side once download , you can untick ,after download file has been , place into dlc file ,(in game)

im sure i read there was a limit . yes ignition ,was what a meant. 

• Like 1

i was just wondering if its a good idea to remove tracks from collection on the custom forge , after downloading and adding the the games folder , or is there a upper limit , that you can have in your collection , cuz mines getting pretty big.

I have like 1600 tracks in mine and have no issues at all. The only issue I have is searching through everything. I recently sat down and went in to non stop play and used those to separate mine into different genres so if I want to play classic rock I play setlist 2, 80s metal setlist one.. etc. If there are songs you dont routinely play you can archive them and just drop them back in if you want to play them but there isnt a limit that I know of other than disk space.

• Like 1

@@brubeck99 I was just curious since some people were giving you answers about in game.  I personally haven't run into problems in game or in  ignition with how many songs you have.  In game and on ignition from what people are saying  it doesn't sound like there will be a problem since people are saying they have 1600 songs I think you will be fine.  I have yet to run into people saying anything about having a huge library.  I'm also curious cause there is usually a limit before memory addresses roll over for a lot of programs but with most people using 64-bit OSes now a days the number would be huge. Since "The number 9,223,372,036,854,775,807, equivalent to the hexadecimal value 7FFF,FFFF,FFFF,FFFF16, is the maximum value for a 64-bit signed integer in computing."  Most maximums for data now a days maxes out there and that should never be a problem for games like Rocksmith.  You would have to be running some crazy program to overflow a 64-bit system.  Then again does Rocksmith  run in 64 or 32 bit. Even still the max of 32 bit would be really high.  The programmers of Rocksmith or CustomForge would have to tell you the upper limit for the programs they wrote.

Right hellrazror that is why you would have to ask the programmers of ignition or Rocksmith to know their programs limitations like I said. Sorry i wasn't clear i was pointing out it wasn't as much of a hardware problem (thought it can be with what you mentioned) it comes down to the program more than a hardware issue. Correct you couldn't max out memory addresses without messing with most peoples system resources and the limitation of 32 vs 64 bit but I don't think anyone would ever get near them with a few thousand songs. I did oversimplify it and didn't mean to intend that those numbers were the upper limits, just that computers can handed a huge amount of data and wherever they store the enumerated data should be able yo hold a large library without crashing anything. Also holding enumerated data should come down to how big the file they use for it is. It's not like every song in it's entirely is being held in RAM. Enumeration is just a list of what is there probably in a text file that would be pretty hard to mess with anyone hardware.

With my system, I have to shuffle DLC constantly. My upper library limit is about 1700 - after that, enumerates get exponentially longer, Rocksmith starts crashing more often, and I experience "hiccuping" mid-songs. 

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

With my system, I have to shuffle DLC constantly. My upper library limit is about 1700 - after that, enumerates get exponentially longer, Rocksmith starts crashing more often, and I experience "hiccuping" mid-songs. 

Enumeration just creates a file that is pretty much a text file with a proprietary format for rocksmith.  Yes the more songs you have the longer it will take for it to do that.  It should never effect game play once it is done. If anything it would effect when you're going to pick a song having a huge list. I have a 3000 song library and my enumeration takes about two minutes.  If you are having game play issues it's not because of your library size. 

I'm using a six year old system.  AMD-A8 APU with hybrid crossfire and only 4GB of RAM.  On top of my library I stream on Twitch and the game runs at the full frames 1080p with all the settings maxed out. Also by the way I'm not trying to be confrontational about anything.  I'm just trying to logically figure it out since no one knows how UBISOFT programmers wrote the code that handles this and everyone seems to have different experiences.