Question

I'm having an issue with tempo changes. For example in the song Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine, the tempo for the solo is 190bpm while the rest of the song is 162bpm. If I include the tempo changes in the track in EOF, after importing it into rocksmith 2014 I encounter a problem where the song just hangs and won't start. Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong. The official DLC for Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against includes tempo shifts so I would assume the game supports them.

14 answers to this question

Pretty sure its the latest version of EOF. When you input a tempo change it changes it for every bar until you input the next tempo change, for instance if your tempo on the first bar was 135bpm and your tempo shifted to 200bpm at bar 24 for the chorus then shifted back to 135bpm at the end of the chorus, (let's say bar 32) then everything between bar 24 and bar 32 would be 200bpm without you having to specify it more than once. I think the problem lies in RS Toolkit where it only allows you to specify one tempo for the song.

I've been charting since rocksmith 2014 was released so I know how addictive it is. I've never gotten around to posting any of my stuff but I plan on starting now that I know where to post it.

Songs I've charted include:

Hollywood Whore by Papa Roach

Monster You Made by Pop Evil

Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine

America By Motionless in White

Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin

Dance Floor Anthem by Good Charlotte

She's Got A Boyfriend Now by Boys Like Girls

Dance in the Fire by Digital Summer

Trip-Innocence of D by Larval Planning Stage(Intro to the High School DxD anime)

Her Name Is Alice by Shinedown

and a few others that I haven't completed yet.

Hmm, this is interesting. One of the songs I'm working on has tempo changes but they're not consistent, and they're not immediate -- the tempo ramps up.

So instead of placing a tempo change, I'd just 'created' the new tempos by adjusting the beatmap. It's not the most effficient way of doing this, but Rocksmith has no problem with the file and the song speeds up the way it should.

But now I'm thinking maybe I should use the tempo change function after all? Or does this only work well if the tempo changes are clearly defined?

• Administrator

I only place a tempo at the start (most of the time by using the estimation fonction of EOF), then i only drag around the beat marker and the BPM adapt, it's easier and allow more flexibility in my opinion.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I only place a tempo at the start (most of the time by using the estimation fonction of EOF), then i only drag around the beat marker and the BPM adapt, it's easier and allow more flexibility in my opinion.

That's what I was thinking. I can see where it'd be useful for a song with really well-defined tempo changes. Unfortunately, the one I'm working on is all over the place.

It's very typical for the tempo to fluctuate within a few BPM as often as every couple of beats. Humans don't keep perfect timing like machines can, and most of the songs that stay perfectly on tempo are electronic (not played by human hands) or are manipulated in the studio to correct the musicians' performance.

I'm with you, easiest way to proceed, sometimes i go on an unused track to see the waveform more clearly and adjust with the waveform peaks and the metronome