Go Playalong

dantrag28
Go to solution Solved by raynebc,

It looks like all sync points are the first beat of each measure. I spot-checked several of them after importing in EOF and the measures are at the positions defined in the GPA XML file. Could you double check if the sync is correct in Go PlayAlong? If so, this may be a bug in that program's export function. What version of the program are you using?

Edit: It could also be worth trying to import Go PlayAlong's exported XML back into Go PlayAlong to see if the sync seems correct.

It looks like all sync points are the first beat of each measure. I spot-checked several of them after importing in EOF and the measures are at the positions defined in the GPA XML file. Could you double check if the sync is correct in Go PlayAlong? If so, this may be a bug in that program's export function. What version of the program are you using?

Edit: It could also be worth trying to import Go PlayAlong's exported XML back into Go PlayAlong to see if the sync seems correct.

I am using GPA4, and it does not display the tab sync when I import the XML file to the beat map on EOF.   I dont mean to be a drag, but is there a step by step link for those who are using GPA for EOF?  I cant seem to find one.

This is what it looks like when I import the XML file and import the "Tommy Iommi" track:

http://i65.tinypic.com/fa8sqt.jpg

The first chord is definitely out of sync, but the other notes are closer. The sync could use some work, but I still can't see anything wrong with EOF in this example. It appears to be importing the timestamps as they are in the XML file. The chart either needs more working being synchronized in Go PlayAlong or that program botched the export. Re-importing the XML into GPA would be a good way to find out. I don't immediately know of a guide using Go PlayAlong for customs authoring.

• 2 weeks later...

I did, for some reason EOF wasn't reading my XML files at the time. Another guy posted this song last week so I'm gonna see if he'll use this version of the song I have for alt rhythm/lead. Thx for looking at this for me.

• Solution

If you still have the Go PlayAlong XML file EOF won't import, please send it to me for testing. If it's like the previous one where it imports, but the beat timestamps aren't what you were expecting, it might still be that EOF imported it as written and there are sync problems in the Go PlayAlong project.