5-Strings ADGCF + offset...

Hi guys

I charted this song from Trivium on bass, but setting the right tuning is a real pain in the A.

Looks like it's ADGCF, which (if i understund things right) i should set in RST with +5 +5 +5 +5 +4 +5 (or choose ADGCFA Fixed), and set root frequency at 220.

But i want to get a true tuning, as always. And if i tune my bass to match that song, i get something like +45 cents from 440 reference...

Thanks for helping me ;)

• Administrator

@@Jefbyos http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/5227-5-strings-bass-and-low-note-recognition/

I'm not sure how much of this you used to make that chart but i bet you might have missed on little detail in there that could help you out a lot.

If you don't find the issue yourself, i can always take a look at the EOF file itself which is likely to allow me to pinpoint the issue easily.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanks Firekorn, as always...

I did not followed that topic at all... I've created from 5-strings bass part under EOF (i have the stings name right), and selected bass arrangement on EOF.

Should i copy/paste the chart on a guitar part on EOF ? If i select guitar arrangement on RST, that would mean it'll only be visible on a guitar path on rocksmith, right ?

As the tune is only low key, not real 5-sting, i probably should get it just downtuned on a 4 strings arrangement...? Edit : Yes it's working on 4-strings arrangement. Thanks !

• Administrator

@@Jefbyos One detail that many seems to ignore (i'll admit it's not necessarily obvious) is that the Part_Real_Bass or Part_Real_Bass_22 can both be used as track for guitar arrangement and it's the same for the Guitar part that can be used as Bass arrangement. EOF doesn't care, those name are just here for global indication but you can change them and adjust what each track will be used for.

One part of my tutorial that i put forward is that EOF uses a different reference tuning between 6 strings bass and 6 strings guitar, something that RS does NOT do.

Which is why if you intend to work on more than 4 strings display in RS (for a 5 or strings bass guitar part that would be played in the rhythm or lead in RS for example), then you should absolutely make sure that EOF uses the correct reference tuning by changing the track type. If you work on a 4 strings part, it doesn't matter as both reference tuning are then identical.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy