How to do in E.O.F

I agree with you two.

Everyone that way of seeing things.

Both ways seem correct even if I find the result clearer with chordify because we understand exactly how the chord should sound.

After I say that but I'm testing there.

I will let you know.

• Administrator

@@Berneer If you really prefer to not see any cut in handshape, you could just make it touch and you wouldn't see the change outside of the indicated fingering change.

Note that it can easily be argued that it makes it clearer that your handshape is changing as you do change from one chord/double stop to another though it can indeed make it seems like you shouldn't sustain the note then but imo, the HO/PO makes me automatically assume i should keep the rest of the handshape intact anyway which implies that it will ring out unless indicated otherwise.

It's really a matter of personnal opinion on how you read the chart on sight and some tab will make some cases easier to justify than others for a given display but i tend to keep my sustain to minimal and only add them when i feel it wasn't clear that the let ring was implied, that can vary a lot with the player experience and knowledge of the songs/riffs though and there's no wrong or right as long as the user can sight read it easily (which wasn't the case for Tenacious D riff that just left me wondering what the hell they were thinking).

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Good point firekorn, a new handshape would improve the fingering to cater for finger changes. I found a way to make that work with chordify with handshapes separated by 1ms, which I did for initial versions of my Blaze custom.

One case where I think I would prefer Chordify is when one or a few notes of a sustaining chord contain tech notes whose exact location on the note tail are important, such as bends or stop notes. Also chordify doesn’t force the charter to make sustains.

Fedro, I’d Enjoy seeing an in-game screenshot of your final choices, posted here.

Been out of this for a while. I am feeling a bit rusty :) but I can say I definitely miss all our interactions!!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@Berneer I've already posted screenshots of what I wanted to do near the end of the first page. You can look.

To answer simply @@firekorn, I do not master the handshape yet.

For now, I'm just doing: Track->Rocksmith->Fret Hand positions->List and Generate.

thank you for your involvement.

• Administrator

@@Fedro Handshape and FHP are two very different things.

Handshape is just a way to mark an area that will have the blue highlight like chord does with the fingering displayed. Then this can be used to display whatever you feel like doing. It's nothing crazy to use and it's by trying out to makr different part with handshape that you can realize where it fits and where it doesn't.

So for handshape, just select the note you want to be part of that marked section and hit CTRL+SHIFT+H and you'll have the blue highlight.

It's a really important tool to make good looking customs and i suggest you try it out a lot to get used to it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Ok thanks you firekorn.

Is it to represent the position of the artificial hand?

I try to test that.

After I agree with you firekorn when there is some hammer-on here and there not to Chordify but on Steppenwolf - The Pusher, it is throughout the rhythm that there is hammer-on. Besides, that's what makes the charm of these songs.

Well, I finally finished my CDLC and I think I'll leave it like that because I'm a little tired of fighting on it.

I tried the handshape but I did not really see any difference so I did not put any.

Tell me if you want me to send you the p.psarc for ultimate test if you want.

Sincerely Fred.

Agree with Seph, your custom, should look how it makes you happy. ODLC is a good reference but you are the sculpter. :)

Always good to see the final result. Please post an EoF screenshot and in-game screenshot of your final choices if you are ok to share. Also helpful for the next person with your question. Faster like this since not sure when I’ll be firing up Rocksmith next ... :)

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

I used the function chordify because it's not more complicated to do (well, the way I did it) than a hammer-on on the chord.

I will post screenshots shortly.

Thank you for your help as well at the developer and those who create tutorials for these wonderful possibilities. Without you, I would not have been able to do all that.

Here are the pictures showing the hammer-on with cordify (noted that the handshape does not always work (maybe @@raynebc see here a fault of E.O.F)

So that's what it looks like @@Berneer (by the way I did not understand the story of the brilliant and not brilliant in your cordify tutorials)

PBl7nCg.jpg

FoIxGpV.jpg

G3noarC.jpg

We can see that the handshape is not done well anyway in this case. in other, it's ok.

other case.

zJNfbk4.jpg

gTOCl53.jpg

RoAILwI.jpg

Here. I'm waiting for your return

Thank you.

I looked at the XML generated for that first chord in your picture (the one at around 1:58), but it looks like I'd expect:

<chordTemplate displayName="Daugno3" chordName="Daugno3" fret0="-1" fret1="5" fret2="0" fret3="0" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="-1" finger1="2" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />

<chord time="117.727" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="23" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="1">
          <chordNote time="117.727" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
          <chordNote time="117.727" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
        </chord>

<handShape chordId="23" endTime="119.331" startTime="117.727" />
I don't know why the game isn't showing the fingering for this.

OK.

Is not so bad.

I'll post it like this.

Thank you raynebc for your involvement and for always listening to people like us.

It's huge all you have done so far. This software is E.O.F is a wonder.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

It looks like you are using Chordify properly with the LinkNext tech notes.

I don’t understand why you say one handshape is working but the other one isn’t. It seems to me like both in-game renders exhibit the same unwanted behaviour of the blue lane highlights (handshape highlights) not encapsulating the notes in the handshake.

It seems to me like you need to set the time stamp at the exact millisecond of the chord in question using one of EoF’s “seek” functions, and changing the Fret Hand Position (FHP) (Ctrl+F, if memory serves) to change after the previous chord. Hammering on with the index or middle finger, for example would seem appropriate. So setting FHP to 1 should make the desired chordified chord with a sweet continuous unbroken handdshape lane highlight.

If ever I am still not getting what you are trying to do you will really need to post the music sheets so we could really understand what is intended.

Good luck.

Hello @@Berneer.

Glad of your return.

I don’t understand why you say one handshape is working but the other one isn’t. It seems to me like both in-game renders exhibit the same unwanted behaviour of the blue lane highlights (handshape highlights) not encapsulating the notes in the handshake.

In fact I speak of another time in the party "Leed Guitar" but that I did not put in demonstration.

So it's normal if you did not understand because I'm not very well explained.

Regarding the rest, I will test later and I will keep you informed if it worked well.

PS: If I understand correctly, I will have to select the note at the level of Hammer-On to the millisecond (I could use the keyboard shortcut as Shift + Page Up or page Down to fall good)

Thank you for your advice and at soon.

Hello everyone.

So here I am, I did two tests to correct the Fret Hand Position, as @@Berneer told me.

I show you the first rendering then the second.

1st rendering not conclusive (Fret Hand Position placed on the hammer-on):

EUGUbVG.jpg

NzzeSbg.jpg

2nd conclusive result (Fret Hand Position placed before the hammer-on):

EwgqdHm.jpg

4s0uraA.jpg

thanks to Berneer as well as @@raynebc for helping me and of course @@firekorn and @@I)ark_Seph .

Problem solved.

Cool!

If ever you felt it was one of those cases where a sustaining open note clouds the intent You could consider authoring per Firekorn/iminashi method.

But definitely your 2nd example is rendering as expected using chordify and should be obvious enough, although it is not the sequence you show in EoF given that the fingered notes in-game appear to be on frets 4 and 5, not 1and 2.

The advantage of Iminashi/firekorn method is that you would define 2 consecutive, tightly adjacent (inperceptably separated) hanshapes so the fingering would evolve as the hammer-on is meant to be played.

• Administrator

EoF given that the fingered notes in-game appear to be on frets 4 and 5, not 1and 2.

This is likely due to the capo. I haven't done many CDLC with capo but i wouldn't be surprised if number in EOF aren't the same as number in RS because of it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

You're right firekorn, it's good because of the capo that the fingering is shown in 2/3.

Je

Well I ended up adopting Iminashi's hammer-on method and firekorn as advised I)ark_Seph because chordify is perfect but decomposes the sustain chord while the other chords are not decomposed to sustain.

So not to denature the rest, I finished to adopt their method.

Otherwise it would be a mistake for me to use chordify on all chords to have some things homogeneous.

Finally anyway I know how to use chordify as a master now.

Thank you all.