How to do in E.O.F

Hello everybody

So here it is, I would need to do a Hammer on in E.O.F but on a single note of an chords. I know how to deal with everything, not just one.

thank you for your comeback

Cordially.

Thank you very much for your return to both of you

super tutorial @@Rockfirstlast, I have never found this one and it will serve me a lot. Hop in the favorites.

By the way, that's how I'm going to do it unless I do it with a technical note.

Thanks also to you @@raynebc for all your contribution.

As for the early Hammer chord, I do not understand how a hammer can be at the beginning of a chord knowing that a hammer can be done after playing a few things.

So, for me, necessarily in the middle.

Ok to do it in the technical note, but I can not fold in the technical note because I find your tutorials where you detail the technical note, but you do not necessarily explain how to do it (you just said it is possible to do it)

Sorry is @@Berneer do this.

This is absolutely not a reproach (I would not allow myself), but a statement.

So, if ru could tell me how to do it with a technical note.

Thank you very much.

Not sure I understand.

1. Did raynebc’s advice not work?

2. I agree a HO without preceding note is not quite universally doable but with high gain I can get good sound just hammering down my finger somewhere on the fretboard. Perhaps that is a relative to the tapping concept.

3. I am wondering if behaviour applied to one string of a chord but not others is not best handled by the chordift status, assuming you had no luck with HO tech note. Can you show us on music sheets what you are trying to accomplish. If it is chordify that will help, I will walk you through the steps since I have not had time to complete a tutorial on the subject of this little known EoF feature.

Good luck!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• Administrator

2. I agree a HO without preceding note is not quite universally doable but with high gain I can get good sound just hammering down my finger somewhere on the fretboard. Perhaps that is a relative to the tapping concept.

It's common to use the HO indication to indicate fretting hand tapping, oDLC used this on many occasion. The tap indication being only used for picking hand tapping.

I don't get what is that you are trying to reproduce here? what kind of riff? what does it involve for the player? All of this can completely change my answer on how to deal with this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

In fact I use Google translation because I'm French so often poorly translated sorry.

What I mean is that with a technical note, I do not know how to do it unless someone explains to me how to do it.

With the technical notes, I know how to do only bends.

I will try to do the @@Rockfirstlast method which seems pretty good to me unless @@raynebc tells me how to do it with a technical note.

Thanks to all for your contribution.

You should be able to enable "Tech view" by pressing F4 (or using "Track>Rocksmith>Enable tech view"), place a gem on anywhere top of the individual note in the chord that you want to add hammer on status to, and then apply hammer on status to that tech note (ie. select it and press the H key). The tech note will display "h" to indicate it is applying that status to just that one note in the chord:

http://i64.tinypic.com/20u8njd.jpg

• Administrator

@@Fedro In raynebc screenshot, the 2nd fret of the A strings will be hammer on while the rest of the note on the chord will be indicated as picked.

But that example makes no sense anyway. In 99% of the cases you will have a chord followed by a HO or PO for embelishment kinda like the intro of Say It Ain't So :

This requires no tech note at all or any particular work in EOF (outside of adding proper handshap to represent the shift in fingering and keeping it really clean but that's a secondary concern).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks firekorn. I suspected but I still wanted to understand how the tech-note for hammer on if @@raynebc is ok to explain it to me.

But for now the rendering as you explain it does not suit me perfectly so I try things until a correct rendering. I'll explain how I did it if I can, otherwise I'll ask for more help.

In any case, thank you all.

I explained it in essence. How you author this will really come down to EXACTLY how you want it to appear in game. If you can display a guitar tab excerpt showing what you want to achieve, or cite part of an existing song in Rocksmith that does what you want, that may be easiest.

• Administrator

@@raynebc It's just that i still haven't found any tab that required me to use the HO/PO tech note yet and i've dealt with some weird stuff already which is why i started by asking what the goal was before going around and offering solution that might not actually be the most efficient and practical way of dealing with the situation in my opinion.

So far i've only used tech note for bend and that's it, everything else i've done without it and i still have to find any situation that would force me to change this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hello everyone ,
Here are the sreenshot of those I would like to do for "Steppenwolf - The Pusher"

IhmMNNO.jpg

I tried to do it with a technical note (link-next note) but the result is the same.

2vCzb1j.jpg

Watch the incorrect behavior in the games (especially at the level of the tails of notes)

1EPHwGR.jpg

Another example in the same music:

TJxULey.jpg

r53qLwE.jpg

Then in the game:

TSrLzGM.jpg

You see that the rendering is not good.
So if @@firekorn, @@raynebc, @@Berneer or other can help me to find a solution, that would be great.
In any case, thank you for everything.

You mean using the Chordify feature? Chordify is a feature that allows notes of a chord to sustain differently using either HOPO, linknext, or any other statuses with tech notes. 

Heres a documentation written by @@Berneer back in 2016, but its pretty much old news:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I7QGT3GFlLoqp5v4DqaSxD8MlmG5yOSq

Here what it looks like using Chordify in EOF. This is one of my old CDLCs that i was experimenting with Chordify. 

is6ku4A.png

And heres what it looks like in-game

P9eb68S.png

But I don't use Chordify rarely. There is only one DLC that has the same representation and that would be Tenacious D's "The Metal".

But anyways, if this is what your trying to represent, then I wouldn't do it. I stick with hammer on chord from Iminashi's guide since most DLCs are doing that from now on.

• Like 1

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

Okay. Thank you very much. @@I)ark_Seph

I think that's what I'm trying to do and I'm going to dig in this direction (I have not read everything yet because I have to translate).

If you also have à link from Iminashi's guide, I take.

On the other hand, I do not agree that the developers do not represent the hammer on as it should be (I mean by that they all have to do better than us and they do not: time , software, and they sell us well so they should be perfect but hey it's another debate.

After this must be my picky side of doing something good (especially since this is my first CDLC)

In any case, thank you for your link and your help.

@@Fedro Here's Iminashi's guide to for official looking customs: http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/30557-guidelines-for-official-looking-customs/

He has added some stuff about scroll speeds, preview audio, and showlights yesterday so the page is still very active. Scroll down till you find Hammer on chords

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

Ok. Actually it's the one Rockfirstlast

Had indicated to me at the beginning of Post.

Sorry for Rockfirstlast, I remembered more than it was this one.

Thanks again.

I have only to test all that.

Glad l)ark_Seph beat me to it. It seems Chordify is indeed what you were asking about since you mentioned not liking the (overlapping) note tails.

The document I made that was shared above is an unfinished tutorial that is nonetheless enough to build up to and understand the concept of EoF Chordify feature. I am glad to walk you through anything about it. Firekorn and I speak French, him being from France and me from Quebec, Canada.

I am intrigued by there being a counter proposal found in iminashi’s tutorial. It is on my ToRead list. Meanwhile I would be surprised if Chordify was obsolete. Seems to me like it does serve a rare but very useful purpose. I promise I will one day finish my tutorial but my life pressures have changed and for the next few years I will be starved of free time. Sorry all!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Thank you very much to you @@Berneer

It's true that a tutorial in English and more difficult for me than in French.

That said it will help me anyway because once understood, it will be easier for my next CDLC and it still has more mouth.

Nice work and thank you for your tutorial.

PS: if I can ask you more help you in private (in French, you would be ok?)

But first I will test things on my side.

• Administrator

@@Berneer i don't see how chordify is needed there.

Here is how i would go about it :

ddQpCTY.png

Nothing fancy or anything and here is the kind of result you get which is how it's mostly done in oDLC :

eXVI89P.png

This it taken off the latest oDLC Amie by Pure Prairi League

Looks clean, smooth don't require anything weird (just a handshape) and makes for a very easy to read HO/PO on chord.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks. Sure PM me any time and I will try not to take too long to reply. If ever I don’t reply quickly enough I won’t feel bad that you might post in a thread for all to see. But I will try my best to help.

I agree Firekorn that your way is good enough. I prefer chordify, but not always. If ever the sequence of notes makes it such that chordify note tails makes the chart unreadable or cumbersome, perhaps such as the sustaining open string hiding the flurry of HOPO happening underneath then I think it is warranted to tolerate the break in hand shape. For my Blaze custom intro, I opted to not use Chordify and chose to let the player’s ears guide him/her into interpreting the requirement for a sustain.

Where I prefer chordify is that one doesn’t need a handshape gap, which literally would see me interpret this as meaning, “stop whatever notes are sustaining”. I find it more elegant and accurate to not break the handshape blue outline. Plus I would have to check but do you get the proper finger numbers showing up with the split handshape. I like the sustaining open note appearing underneath a complex riff on the other strings. It really hammers home the “Let Ring” guidance.

The Metal song by Tenacious D can also be made to look nicer with Chordify with one long handshape outline which will, IMO, more quickly help the player master the passage at a glance rather than letting him/her feel assaulted with tons of broken handshape outlines.

Chordify is not limited to HOPO. There are tons of cool ways to use it and I would have to examine if your (and iminashi’s) split handshape method is also applicable.

Perhaps the song/passage will dictate the preferred authoring. Certainly the split handshape shouldn’t be too anti-intuitive.