CDLC will not run

russell072009

Question

I tried my first custom song today. I followed a bunch of tutorials including the ones on the forum to create it. Now it's all done after hours of learning and work and as my luck would have it, it does not work. I know it is not my game. All other CDLC songs work fine. The game lets me tune then freezes showing the first sets of notes. I have tried a bunch of different things but just can't get it running. I do get a bunch of errors running EOF for chord finger information and pitchless lyrics but every tutorial says to ignore that. I figured it was time to seek assistance from the professionals. I would really like to know what I am doing wrong.

Here are the files I have been working with.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zx1sdw7iqm4bqmw/AADRLeXTXeUf9VONnm4DQJWfa?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated.

9 answers to this question

I tried making it again. This time I corrected the chord finger errors in EOF but left the pitchless lyrics. Still no luck. That was v5 and it's in with the other files. You'll also notice there is a v5 and v5a. when I tried to generate the file in the toolkit it gave me an error saying song info has been changed update arrangement identification. v5 i told it not to update and v5a i told it to update.

Just so everyone knows the game does not freeze. It sits on the runway for maybe 5 seconds then goes back to the song selection like you finished the song but the notes never move on the runway.

• Administrator

@@russell072009 How did you made the wem file?

If you did it yourself using wwise, you should just let the toolkit do it by selecting the guitar.ogg in the toolkit where it ask for the audio.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Ok, so i think i figured some of it out. Apparently the toolkit is not compatible with the 2017 version of wwise. It just started erroring out because of the version after about 9 versions of the song.

I switched to a 2015 version of wwise and it generated the file and the game would play it but the notes are way off for some reason. I'll keep hacking at it.

• Administrator

@@russell072009 Note that there's a reason i say yo use the guitar.ogg is because this is what you hear and see in EOF, other file might not be the same (mostly depending on the leading silence you added).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks Firekorn. It's all better now.

That brings up the question, if we can use the ogg file in the tooklit then why go through the step of wwise? Now that i have a supported version when i create the file with the toolkit i can now see the wwise CMD window so i know the program is being used by the toolkit but i don't see why I should even bother running the song through wwise manually if the toolkit does it for you.

• Administrator

@@russell072009 Because when most of the tutorial where created, the toolkit didn't managed that aspect of the CDLC creation so people explained how to do it via wwise.

But if you look my tutorial that is fully up to date with the most recent version of our tools, i never say to open wwise and do the conversion manually : http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/35318-cdlc-creation-for-rocksmith-2014-remastered/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Awesome. I used Darjusz's tutorial along with a few youtube videos. I wish i found your tutorial. Makes things a little easier. One issue though, I think there might be a problem with the RSTK and the wwise 2017 versions. That was my main problem. After screwing around with it most of the day and trying a bunch of diffrent combinations of things in EOF the toolkit finally gave me an error saying my wwise version was not supported. I'm running v2.8.4.1 of the RSTK. Everything started working perfect once i back dated wwise to a 2016 version.

• Administrator

It seems like there's issue with supports regarding the 2017 version as it is something i see quite often but according to the dev, it should be supported with the latest beta version (not sure about the latest stable release). But it's not like having the 2016 or the 2017 version of wwise will change much of anything anyway.

Also, this tutorial is pinned in the tutorial section of the forum and the "create CDLC" button at the top will lead you to it too.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography