Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 230

Rodman

@@Kosa Don't worry about it, it's still an overall good chart. From my experience I feel like if I don't switch chords immediately I'll get a miss. It could be me but that's just my opinion since the majority of my misses have been from chords.

If you do want to change it I think removing the last strum from the end of the chord sections would make it perfect

• Like 1

@@missis sumner How do you play the game? Because there are other variables that could induce latency. Plus, I've also heard that you'll want to primarily use the real tone cable since it works best but idk.

@@MaZtoR you use a good pick, I use the JP edition for guitar which is a .4mm I believe. I don't play bass but I would imagine that it's thick and sturdy enough to use for it since there's no give to the pick

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@missis sumner - 1500 posts, cool.

Is it still the goddamn cable?

Yeah they are sooo badly build. My advice is clear: NEVER plug the RS cable directly into guitar/bass.

I have one that is in my "travel guitar bag" and i use it over at a friends once every two weeks or so. I don´t have a volume pedal or split box or effect pedal or anything there so it goes to my guitar, and ... rarely used it is just the shadow of whats called good condition anymore.

What would you recommend to place between RS and guitar?

Yes. I personally use a ABY Splitter Box....

exactly that one:

HotShot-ABo.jpg

Guitar goes into input,

Output 1 feeds RS-Cable and goes to Computer (and never is touched)

Output 2 goes to Guitar (sometimes Bass) Amp (Line6 Spider15 with Footswitch)

11442461_800.jpg

(and from the output of the Line6 Amp goes into linein from computer)

That way i can play RS over the amp with actual amp sound and ZERO lag and no recognition issues cause in game normal RSCable signal is used (but muted in mixer). Toneswitch via footswitch, and so is volume (which is so much better than having to go to the mixer all the time)

12064051_800.jpg

All in all a very cheap professional solution (aby 98€, amp 75€(!), footswitch 81€) i would think.

Cause the amp signal goes back to the line in, it is also recordable for videos or streaming if needed.

Before that i just used a cheap volume pedal to save my RS Cable

And @@MaZtoR s thing will work great too.

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@missis sumner How do you play the game? Because there are other variables that could induce latency. Plus, I've also heard that you'll want to primarily use the real tone cable since it works best but idk.

I play on my old MacBook Air.  I've got the input selection within Rocksmith set to "mic" and I'm using a generic analogue to digital USB cable, like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alesis-AudioLink-GuitarLink-Plus-Interface/dp/B004LUH5UI

I've no doubt the game works best with a Realtone cable, but not with mine it doesn't - it's broken!  :lol:

• Like 1

@@missis sumner An old computer would definitely add to the latency problem along with the input method being mic with a generic cable. I would highly recommend you just get another cable. Fortunately, they sell it individually so you only have to pay £25.

Real Tone Cable

Also, I just saw that you said you've gone through two cables already. I'm not sure how you've done that but I would go with the splitter option then so you burn through regular £5 cables instead

• Like 1

Thank you for the detailed post. Don't know why but I thought we will talking about effects pedals :D Compressors, noise redusers, overdrive and so on )))

Unfortunately I still play RS from 10-12pm while everybody sleep at my place. But someday.... I hope... they will meet not by fretboard against forehead =)

This two guys =)voz9jRW.jpg

• Like 3

---

I'm not an English speaker. Sorry for possible mistakes.

+1 for the ABY splitter.

I've still worked my way through two Realtone cables in four years though.

Hi

My zero latency setup :  line selector BOSS LS-2 (60 EUR used) as ABY splitter

then one send to the PC via RS cable, the other send to my line 6 pod, then 

I set guitar return volume to zero in RS, and at least I mix both sounds, one 

from the PC the other from the guitar effect in a small mixing board ALTO ZMX 52 (50 EUR new)

I you have an effect pedal with left and right output you can use it as active splitter 

• Like 1

First MC bass score attack, way too brutal for my weak hands

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/932682401134385273/78F911C9598300955E6B1B6C21889848A3C342B3/

Thanks for the update, it wont last long so let me enjoy this moment...

Mouhahaha

Mouhahaha.png

• Like 4

fv506DX.jpg

SUPER fun song! Almost sightread FC, but dropped a couple. :sob:

er5JEza.jpg

And one of the best songs from my favourite Opeth album, too!! Awesome week. Missed the screenshot window for this one, but thought I'd post where I'm at anyway.

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

So does this one count? LOL.. I failed on the very last note.. so cruel

a3SCNFM.jpg

Surely counts!

Why wouldn´t it - that lil man inside the computer absolutely has no idea when a song is failed and when NOT!

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Hi

My zero latency setup :  line selector BOSS LS-2 (60 EUR used) as ABY splitter

then one send to the PC via RS cable, the other send to my line 6 pod, then 

I set guitar return volume to zero in RS, and at least I mix both sounds, one 

from the PC the other from the guitar effect in a small mixing board ALTO ZMX 52 (50 EUR new)

I you have an effect pedal with left and right output you can use it as active splitter 

Seems like your setup is really similar to mine, just one thing i do the other way around.

From my Amp lineout i feed a Zoom mixer (left that step out in the prior post not to confuse everyone)

zoom_r24_front.JPG?width=1100&height=800- so my poor pure guitar playing can be recorded and checked for progress without anything disturbing,

and from the R24 line out i feed the computers line-in. Recording device must be set to Stereomix in windows, that way audio exclusivity can be left "on" and i get the zero lag guitar amp input nicely controllable via the Zoom and the floorboard along with the Rocksmith sound still volume adjustable in windows mixer (for recording).

That setup has the adantage that whatever output i use from my computer - as a lot of the time like @@Vodka (ain´t that big man cute!!!!) plug in my headphones, nothing has to be changed, the mixed sound is just there.

• Like 3