Difficulty adding custom tones

GHRamsEy

Question

Having trouble with custom tones actually being activated in the game.

I have two tones Lead and Solo both defined in EoF and set accordingly in the toolkit.
I managed to get the Lead to show as default then even that no longer shows.

Can I upload my .psarc and xml files for someone to have a look-see at what I'm doing wrong?

I can just go with one tone, but it's far better with two.

Money Talks!? All it ever says to me is "Goodbye!".

9 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@ghr1227 I think the issue is that you tried to alter the tone order in the arrangement which you shouldn't have.

Default Tone and Tone A should be the Lead while Tone B is the Solo tone but you altered the order so that the tone A is the Solo and B is the Lead which made the game try to reach the Tone B when he was supposed to acces the solo tone and tone A when he wanted to get back to the Lead tone.

You shouldn't ever alter the order of the tone in toolkit, you shouldn't even need to uncheck the tone failure prevention box in the toolkit that indicate in it's tooltip that it's for expert user only (which even i barely ever use).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I see it now.  I changed the save file name on the tones and merely edited the tones in the tool kit rather than in EoF and reloading the .XMLs.  But I still have something mixed up b/c the solo tone is not loading at the right spot.  I have to work that out but now I know what I was doing wrong to get it to show up at least.

Thank you.

Now to get the bass tone not farting every note.   Driving my teeny tiny speaker to burn out.

Still not getting it to change to the solo tone in game.  Supposed to change to Solo tone at begin of solo and back at first note following solo, but instead it changes to Lead tone which is same as default when solo begins.

Nvm It think it's working just fine.  It's calling out Tone Switch Lead which is correct.

Not showing the custom name is all.

Yeah,  I realized that after re-watching a YouTube video on how to change the tone.

Well I uploaded the DLC a moment ago so it's done.  Need to still work on the bass tone

since it's not very loud but that is a work in progress.