Locked Requests Discontinued.

• Administrator

Hello,

As of today we are disabling our requests feature.

We recommend anyone who wants a song created to read a tutorial on how to create CDLC and get started. Our discord is always open for questions to charting (in the CDLC Creators channel). 

We're working on bringing better features to CustomsForge, so you may see parts of the website removed and replaced in the future.

For those who requested, we've made an archive of the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HaaUNctDTz1xbJuvjbli82KiaU399SjjRZPHSo3PxU0

• Like 7

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

@@tincho2005 Note that our request system wasn't in any way automated and wasn't updated for months now and this had no impact on CF life. It was just a sink hole, a way to satisfy people need to post request to avoid getting request all over the forum but it never got further than this.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

i see its gone was looking for it and i saw this post just know  i posted a while ago a request for linkin park talking to myself but there's also not a guitar pro file a made a request on guitar pro aswell with no luck im try'ng to make it myself dham its difficult .i hope the request forum comes back

i hope to play this song in future in rocksmith

greetings to everyone and smoke 2 joints and RIP chester bennington

• Administrator

@@SadisticStrike

1) the issue wasn't the no-one checked it (though i doubt many actually did), it's that it wasn't uptodate at all or even automated to inform anyone that a request have been completed. It was kinda like shouting at a wall and expecting an answer...

2) People are still going to make CDLC, request have nothing to do with creation. In fact it's pretty rare to have people create a CDLC based solely on request.

As for a new request feature, it's likely to happen at one point in time but there's far more important work to be done before we can dive into a new request system.

So this will literraly change nothing regarding CDLC creation, people can still ask directly charter to make a song if they wish to do so but there's just isn't a centralized place to gather people request as it was doing more harm than good.

• Like 5

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I feel like charters doing it's own thread workshops for themed stuff like Classic Rock Coalition guys, or maybe like Snake3169 who did fav songs of ours by Sabbath and Metallica.

I'm sure we could do something like requests of the week thing to give some stats on trends IDK. but since most of the hall of fame songs are done including most of the songs from discography of those hugely popular bands it's not that urgent to keep requesting metallica new album songs out there.

I think we could do our local memes about requests now :P
Nonetheless there's 3+ generations passed as for charters maybe even more if you'll count guys like me who's been doing this for RS1 or GH3\GHWT\FOF\PS franchise.

as for requests and requesters, hmm. Maybe Unleashed could gather some goods off streames that do CDLC songs on their streams to support this site, not sure how but that could be tricky part of the user agreement\rules of the site or so idk, since making money off streams with cdlc edgy thing("thanks" to twitch for muting audio on records), I'm sure some of them already support us at least as ads to answer the question "where did you get that song from?"

It would be fun to ask author of rocksmither bot to add telemetry thing for requests and 5 or 10 most played songs so it will report back it so we could have some data, not that streamers consider that much about incognito status since they stream on twitch and we usually see their faces so not a big deal for them one thing to consider as list of songs to suggest as request material,
why that you may recognize song if you'll see it and usually you don't remember much unless you've listened to it recently.

We don't need request actually, all we need is more intermediate notetrackers\charters to fill the gap in our songs library. Tools and tutorials are pretty advanced now and it's no-brainer to start charting today vs 5 years ago. one downside is if you've got the tab for a song you can just sync it or try your best to fix mistakes and polish it along with using proper techniques and tones.

P.S.
Main factor for me to discontinue this thing which were started after ForgeOn did his spreadsheet for requests  (http://customsforge.com/topic/3988-russian-%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D0%B8-%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%8B/) was that it just got cluttered with random stuff from our Russian comrades and I've lost interested in it as well, no one will do those songs ever, plus it's really hard to maintain if you don't spend there an hour or so of your personal time >__>
so far so good we've got some progress on some of the song that were in list but those were made by unrelated person who just can do it and I'm not even sure he saw my spreadsheet or not before it's got vanished,,,

• Like 1

@@SadisticStrike

people can still ask directly charter to make a song if they wish to do so

How would one go about doing this?

I just want CDLC for Chon's Fluffy. Don't want to spam the forums looking for answers/resources especially since there doesn't seem to even be an appropriate place to make such inquiries.

• Administrator

@@Cyberion By PM charter that you think will be willing to do this. Note that the success of this method heavily depends on the research one will do before asking any random charter, the more info you provide, the more willing you are to help and of course finding someone that is likely to actually like the song are important factor.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn actually I think we need some list of the charters that will do such job so you could sign up for this in some kind of thread and than report back of your job done etc maybe we could also do a leader boards for this kind of thing?

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@Alex360 so a request list? :D

More seriously though, i've done CDLC on request on occasion and i don't mind doing it if the request is ask nicely and with enough information so that i don't spend hours just getting everything together. And of course if i actually like the song.

But not everyone wants to openly set a target on their back either and it's more flattering to have people reach you for the work you do instead of justing picking on a list of random names so i don't thing setting up such a system would actually work properly.

On another end, if someone wants to create and manage sur a list, they are welcome to do so but so far, i haven't seen many community driven effort that had that many success (like the tester area or the tone creation which have been dead for more than a year now). It takes a lot of time and passion to create such system if they aren't automated the same way our request list worked until we discontinued it and like many things, passion and time kinda went missing by the person managing it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

A bit of offtop, sorry guys :P

@@firekorn I think of it like some of freelance market like someone place a bet and someone get's it done for some motivation thing he\she will get for doing cdlc (usually it's money but I can't think of a thing that would motivate charter to put a song together right now)

I'd like to understand how similar system could work here, since tones thread are dead and even collabs of charters are arcana thing on rarity scale :D

I don't need a list of usernames you'll toss for getting things done esp when you've got 250k+ members across the board :hmm:
maybe we just don't need to do anything about this and let people to create things based on quality wiki info and handy tools to ease cdlc creation routine..

• Administrator

@@Alex360 but that's the thing, for creating market you need to have value to exchange, something that would make any legal issue regarding fair use even worse. The idea isn't bad in itself just hardly doable in our exact situation without being a legal nightmare.

As for anything that requires collaboration i think it's also partially due to what CDLC are, it is a tab, it's a very personnal take on a music piece, it's hard to work in cooperation with other people (even the notetrackers at Ubisoft are just one guy per song and the only thing that is done by another guy are the tones and it's the dedicated tone creator of the team).

The tones and tester thread died because it was unregulated, no rules, no oversight, no organization whatsoever and it was impossible to keep track of what's what but that's something that could probably work. Though i would find it easier if the different project of getting an actual tone database together would actually get somewhere...

As for tutorials and tools. Tutorials isn't really lacking, some could need some clarification but it's also the tools that would need a major revamp to actually become way more user friendly and that's something that takes a lot of effort and time to do, something that is always utterly lacking.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

I am closing this topic, but in the future we may come up with a new system. 

Please do not be disappointed this feature was removed. It was barely used. 

• Like 3

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)