Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 228

Rodman

@@Fandaru Have you tried updating the files that let you run CDLC? Or do you have errors in game where the song itself is broken? I sometimes have problems with the CDLC and updating the file often works for me. If so, let me know and I can update it for you and see if that works. Also, does the error say anything when the game crashes? That could also tell us what the problem is.

some mid week scores.

1erww2ihu6l5iqe6g.jpg

enjoying this one 

fadz4427ne7fkd76g.jpg

so much so i tried the Lead..... out of my league.

and as for the bloody time warp i still can't get my 98% target

6boybwrb0mqrb6p6g.jpg

going to watch the Tottenham v Juventus match now with everything crossed for good luck  

• Like 2

@@Fandaru Have you tried updating the files that let you run CDLC? Or do you have errors in game where the song itself is broken? I sometimes have problems with the CDLC and updating the file often works for me. If so, let me know and I can update it for you and see if that works. Also, does the error say anything when the game crashes? That could also tell us what the problem is.

I don't know how to update the files that let me run CDLC, it's the first time I read about it. Is there a link you can recommend to do it?

Or do you mean updating the RS toolkit? If it's that I'm quite sure it isn't the problem, I downloaded it last saturday.

If I encounter the error again I'll post it with a screenshot, I don't remember exactly what it said.

The song is perfect, I think; maybe I feel something strange in the mixing, compared to official content, but that's not a big problem.

Late start of the week. Firstish attempts incoming.

I just realized, that I am now participating in the championship for over one year. My first submission was in week 175. I started to take part mainly to learn to play non-guitarist-like on the bass, I had gifted to myself for christmas.  Even if I took it slow in the beginning, it took half a year to become a diehard member, later on I managed to regularily submit scores. And that is mostly thanks to the very friendly and welcoming community. You rock!

8mVAC7z.jpg

pfXipj7.jpg

• Like 4

I decided to join the Championships for the first time! I am a complete beginner at only 26 days. I even have a YouTube channel showing my daily progress is anyone wants to give me some pointers, or tell me how bad I sound. :lol:

My first attempt at White Trash Anthem went as expected... not very well. I am sure I will get better though and will keep trying to improve over the next few days.

Rhythm: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920296232802102517/F049B8404FADF8FDD40CD65CC393E11FF3A970E3/

Lead: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920296232802177984/B1A6269FC8823B910E520DBDE760F07D8D198D89/

• Like 7

Follow me on my daily journey to learning guitar! I could always use some pointers!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSSq4DofAscen2iOAHPsGAg

@@Fandaru I'm not talking about the tool kit, I meant the .dll file that you put into your game folder to run the CDLC. I don't know how new it is but if you haven't downloaded it within the past couple months it's probably worth a try to replace the files.

CDLC download link

As for the tool kit, I don't mean updating the ID, I'm talking about basically generating a new download file. I've done it occasionally to fix a few problematic songs but it requires wWise to use. I occasionally make CDLC myself so I already have all the required software and could do it in a few minutes. If it's only that song causing the problem, a repack should likely fix it.

Let me know if the .dll update doesn't fix it and I'll update the song and make a new download link for you to try

refer to firekorn's post further below

@Viltaire   Im sorry but you played the wrong version of the song.  The one you played is only 3:25 long.  Ours is 4:11

I downloaded the only one I saw available through the championship. I'll redownload it and check. I even check the cdlc search and it's the only one that comes up, but I'll double check.

• Administrator

@@Stark_Knight The dll hasn't changed since the remastered update more than a year ago. As for that specific case, it seems unlikely that my CDLC is source of the problem as it's been tested countless time by quite a few different person. It sounds like @@Fandaru issue is more likely due to some kind of corrupt file in RS or in a conflict with another CDLC that share a common ID with my CDLC (something that CFSM should fix but seems unlikely to be the case considering all the step the toolkit take to prevent such cases nowadays).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn Ok, you know best.

On another related note, as an admin have you ever heard of an error where RS sections are missing from a song yet the song is still playable in a way? I have that error with 3 songs and I have no clue how to fix it and I've already tried contacting the creator but never got a reply. I can show pics if needed

• Administrator

@@Stark_Knight depends what you mean by "playable". There's 2 possible cases that i'm aware of :

• Sections do exist but the skyline (the part with the purple/orange block and lines) isn't displayed is due to the fact the song have more than 100 sections. So the songs can still be played like any other songs without any gameplay issue outside of the lack of skyline which makes also navigation with the RR incredibly tedious.
  • There's no sections at all, this is way more problematic as it also means that the camera won't move to show the proper part of the fretboard which can be very problematic in most case and makes it unplayable.

That last case should be fixable via CFSM by adding DD to the CDLC though i can't assure that this will give any kind of decent result.

The first case though is only fixable by going back to EOF to adjust the number of sections which is easier for the original charter than for anyone else but not impossible.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn Ok, thanks for the info. I've encountered the second error before and I've been able to fix it but the first one seems to be my problem. I can't edit it either because it creates an error in the tool kit. The songs are still playable so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

2883UMb.jpg

Not quite the 93% I said was coming, but still technically improvement. I'm tired, okay? Just you wait!!

The superfast taps are huge score killers for me. I keep tensing up just a bit too much and dropping 10-20 notes in under two seconds. Madness!!

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@@ZeroPingNZ .... how the hell did you miss the last note? Hahahaha

My run was a bit sloppy and I think I was a bit lucky to get through without a miss, maybe a better score to come.

No idea. It just showed up and then my multiplier went to 50x!

Anyway, it's all good now :) Still can't get the fast parts to register as perfect, it's always "good". I also noticed that my PC fluctuates between 25 and 55 fps and the picture is choppy at times...

4RlSKv3.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrator

@@Fandaru I monitor and react usually fast enough in regards to issue with my CDLC and if i have to make any changes, i'll be happy to.

Don't forget that you should post feedback about the CDLC on the record page of that the CDLC, i'm probably the only charter massively checking this post especially when one of my CDLC is in the setlist while not being an actual participant of the championship

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography