Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 227

Mortalo

I found this video and it's quite interesting. Anybody else play like this? I tried and can't really do it, I guess it's a matter of getting used to it

I play Steve Harris bass-lines with a pick. He's way too fast and I want to have some fun while playing, not only pain :lol:

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@ Hmmm... I don't remember exactly what the 11th section has, though I think it's the main solo or the outro licks, but I'll check it out just to be sure, thanks!

• Like 2

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

@ Ahh, I get it now. You are right :P Actually what happened was, I noticed a difference in sound but since they were the technically the right notes, I didn't bother and didnt know how to transpose them from the D string (which is wound) 5 frets lower to the G (unwound) because of inexperience with the CDLC making software. I shouldnt have recommended this for the CS since this was my first release, so It's very rough on the edges. :P I can definately issue an update If you'd like, but I was thinking that if I'm going to work on this again I'd better remake the whole damn thing from the start, lol

• Like 3

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

Way too fast for me to sight read and it may be too long for me to memorize, we shall see.  I wish he split this song into 3 parts :)

I agree that it's a bit fast for sight reading but this is JP my dude, 8 minutes is considered a single part in most Dream Theater songs. However, everything off the solo album is a lot more complicated than what he usually plays on DT. 

If I get any of my recommendations picked then there's gonna be a lot more where that came from. In the mean time if you want true pain, I recommend "in the presence of enemies". 25 minutes of true suffering

• Like 2

@@Stark_Knight    I am liking the JP song for sure and it will be fun to learn the parts.  Since I cannot sight read that well, the longer songs are harder for me to put it all together. 

I can already tell "in the presence of enemies" would be me flopping around for 25 minutes. However, in this case, I think my wife would be the one who would truly suffer listening to it :)

• Like 4

@ That's understandable, I'm better at sight reading my self. A trick I use for longer songs is to memorize sections so you know what to expect at each part.

Don't worry about flopping around, once you get the detune pedal your wife will be having a great time regardless because the output is in the right tuning but your guitar is still in E standard. If you can play it decent it shouldn't drive her crazy but it'll sound a bit off.

@@MaZtoR I haven't played the song yet but usually you can get away with bending only a single string so you could just try bending only the G string fast. Holding the bend and continuously strumming also works but I think you said that it didn't. The only other thing I can think of is if you have a tremolo bar you can hold it while strumming up to essentially bend the string as you strum. It might not make sense over text but if you have a tremelo bar I would just mess around with it.

I'll mess around with it tonight and let you know if I find something that works unless someone beats me to it or you figure it out yourself.

• Like 4

@@MaZtoR It's supposed to show the first bend and then the rest are supposed to be prebends that stay in place while you strum it, but the charter couldn't be bothered to change it so it becomes accurate...... :\

• Like 3

My CDLC !