Mark as bad?

Zappa

Question

Hi Friends.

This resource is amazing and I have looked at the time and skill it takes to create these CDLC I am very grateful. 

The Ignition CDLC library database is brilliant.  Many thanks.  Using the tools and tutorial here it was easy to get it all to work, i didn't even need Cherub Rock! 

However i do have a suggestion. I found that quite a number of the downloads didn't work, This was due to the users drop box expiring or the file not being available. Is there any way to add a flag so users can report a link that does not work? 

I would say 20% of the songs i attempted to select were either not available or have a corrupted file on the storage. 

If we could report broken links of damaged content the owner (who may not be aware) could fix it.

For example Rumble by Link Wray -Dropbox errors...   

8 answers to this question

I just leave a comment saying the link is down and hope someone who has downloaded it will re upload it. Check the comments to see if someone already has re uploaded it and has put a link there.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hi, thanks for responding, leave a comment where?

This is a proof about human ignorance and current ignition issue at UX that leads to less or almost none feedback from leechers and even from those who'd like to comment that would require "Perception" above 6 and "Intelligence" about 4 to 5 points >___> (not relevant to those who already know how)

anyway it would be better to "report" cdlc record page so mods could mark one and contact author if required

Hi, thanks for responding, leave a comment where?

This is a proof about human ignorance and current ignition issue at UX that leads to less or almost none feedback from leechers and even from those who'd like to comment that would require "Perception" above 6 and "Intelligence" about 4 to 5 points >___> (not relevant to those who already know how)

anyway it would be better to "report" cdlc record page so mods could mark one and contact author if required

I'm  not really sure what you are saying?  

I found an issue and tried to report that, as someone new to this,  i could not see a clear way to report it. 

I am not sure if your response is saying i am ignorant, or if  its just the lack of punctuation?

Anyway, i didn't come here to join a fight forum, i just wanted to learn guitar and play CDLC. 

If you could provide a link to the correct location i will happily report any CDLC that is dead. 

• Like 1

@@Zappa hmm, you've got a hard day or what? I'm not trying to insult you :P

I'm just hoping that mods\admins will read that at least they already should know about ignition enough to issue a v2 of it, but all we'll get is new forum engine pretty much soon...

TL;DR for below
On a record hit go to record page button and scroll to comments, there you go! Also you could notice a report button there, beware it's actually working tool.

There was some topics on "ignition has poor way to comment so charters aka notetrackers will receive less feedback from regular users"
and so on. so the thing is you can't find how to leave a comment that's an issue. anyway if you click on any record at ignition page you'll see a form with description and album art. so if you click download it will redirect you to a download page but to enter to cdlc record page with ratings and all the info with comments you should click at "go to record page"
and you'll see a main-forum-styled page with all the info and DL link and music vids plus comments (there you could comment on your issues or just say how much you love this song ad appreciate other people's work etc)

Before comments section you'll find a button named "Roprt". Click that and write down a note that link is down.

At least charter got notified by a mod about link expiration and if you comment on a record you could get a upload from another user.
in worst case scenario another charter could post a copy of that cdlc if author is gone (so charter who posted will maintain that record)

If you've been to CF request list you know it's abandoned and better way to get song charted it
a) should be very popular(we've covered almost all popular songs of classic rock and metal)
b) charter should like that song too
c) you've got your own friend who'll chart it for you ;)
d) learn yourself and forget how to enjoy cdlc or your own production, but now your song got charted :)

• Like 2

Changes in life happen. Nobody can expect a Charter not to take a break.

Dead links can´t be avoided, except maybe if the site would make a backup of every cDLC submitted.

But I guess that would go against their careful policy.

The best way to recover a dead link :

1. Check when the Charter was last online (float mouse pointer above his name). If he was recently, private message him. (friendly)

(sometimes a simple comment on his page is not notified to him)

2. If he's away for too long, do a little spying and identify 

- who follows the cDLC 

- who likes the cDLC

- who thanked the Charter on the Forum page of the cDLC (I never understood why there are 2 variations of a cDLC page)

Chances are some still have a version, we like to collect, just in case...

PM an identified User, preferably a Magna Charter, (politely)

they know best how to re-upload the song temporarily, until the Charter is back.

I think that's how a Community works  ;)

p.s. This way Rumble by Link Wray has been temporarily uploaded, Thank you @@Antithez

• Like 2

@@Zappa hmm, you've got a hard day or what? I'm not trying to insult you :P

I'm just hoping that mods\admins will read that at least they already should know about ignition enough to issue a v2 of it, but all we'll get is new forum engine pretty much soon...

TL;DR for below

On a record hit go to record page button and scroll to comments, there you go! Also you could notice a report button there, beware it's actually working tool.

There was some topics on "ignition has poor way to comment so charters aka notetrackers will receive less feedback from regular users"

and so on. so the thing is you can't find how to leave a comment that's an issue. anyway if you click on any record at ignition page you'll see a form with description and album art. so if you click download it will redirect you to a download page but to enter to cdlc record page with ratings and all the info with comments you should click at "go to record page"

and you'll see a main-forum-styled page with all the info and DL link and music vids plus comments (there you could comment on your issues or just say how much you love this song ad appreciate other people's work etc)

Before comments section you'll find a button named "Roprt". Click that and write down a note that link is down.

At least charter got notified by a mod about link expiration and if you comment on a record you could get a upload from another user.

in worst case scenario another charter could post a copy of that cdlc if author is gone (so charter who posted will maintain that record)

If you've been to CF request list you know it's abandoned and better way to get song charted it

a) should be very popular(we've covered almost all popular songs of classic rock and metal)

B) charter should like that song too

c) you've got your own friend who'll chart it for you ;)

d) learn yourself and forget how to enjoy cdlc or your own production, but now your song got charted :)

Thanks mate, sorry i was thinking this is the worlds harshest forum if staff members have a pop at newbies for polite suggestions.  :D

I fancy having a go at making some CDLC, there are some really good tutorials.  However i need to finish my furry spinning ZZ Top explorer build, my Frankencaster and all my other real life projects before i embark on software based activities. 

Thanks for the advice and help. I'm of to get ZZ Top's TV Dinners to over 78%, because frankly i am crap.  :lol:

• Administrator

@@TomSawyer2112

You forgot to mention that you should also report the CDLC as we will do all of this IF we are notified of dead link but we can't possibly check every link daily to make sure they are still up.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity