'changing' tuning, ie renaming away from 'custom tuning'

cheechi

Question

Hello. Firstly let me say that my question is involving modifying existing CDLC that I did not create. HOWEVER, all I want to change is the tuning.

Here is one example of a perfectly working song that I want to change the tuning 'catergory' not transcribe or actually 'change' anything about the song or the CDLC

On bass the tuning is listed as 'custom tuning' while on the guitar line it is properly listed as Eb drop Db.  I have about 10 or so songs that I would like to properly categorize, most of which are either D standard, open G, or D drop C that I'd like to put all together as much as possible. The main thing is, the game already has categories for all the rest (Ironically my game puts all the Eb drop Db into the 'custom tuning' bucket already, but at least then it would be a little cleaner when I pick up that bass). This also helps when setting up set lists or favourites.

I would hate to ask the CDLC creator for every one of these to make a minor change if it is something I could do myself.  Now, if 'the right thing to do' is to inform CDLC authors about it and rely on them I understand. I was just hoping I could get some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

Here's one way of updating it.

Open the latest version of Rocksmith Toolkit. https://www.rscustom.net/builds
Click on the CDLC Creator tab.
At the bottom click "Import" and select the psarc file.

In the Arrangements box double click Bass.
In the tuning drop down box select Eb drop Db.  Press OK.
Hit "Generate" at the bottom and you'll get an updated file.

• Like 1

I was able to change several songs as you described and I want to thank you again for your help.  Here are my notes regarding the ones I can't fix in case you have any insight.

Where the River Flows threw a paragraph full of errors about Wwise when I tried it with the above method.

2018-02-18 19:32:54.2836 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI: v2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA
 RocksmithToolkitLib: v2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA
 RocksmithToolkitUpdater: v2.8.4.1-82e47ea8 BETA
 OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
 Runtime: v4.0.30319.42000
 JIT: MsX86
 Wine:  

2018-02-18 19:33:50.3478 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__1 

RocksmithToolkitLib
Void Wav2Wem(System.String, System.String, Int32)
Exception cached:

System.Exception Wwise audio file conversion failed: Could not find Audiokinetic Wwise installation.
Please confirm that either Wwise v2013.2.x v2014.1.x 2015.1.x or 2016.2.x series is installed. Void Wav2Wem(System.String, System.String, Int32)    at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.Wav2Wem(String wavSourcePath, String destinationPath, Int32 audioQuality)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.OggFile.Convert2Wem(String audioPath, Int32 audioQuality, Int64 previewLength, Int64 chorusTime)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.GetPackageData(Boolean validate)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.btnPackageGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.Exception: Wwise audio file conversion failed: Could not find Audiokinetic Wwise installation.
Please confirm that either Wwise v2013.2.x v2014.1.x 2015.1.x or 2016.2.x series is installed.
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.Wav2Wem(String wavSourcePath, String destinationPath, Int32 audioQuality)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.OggFile.Convert2Wem(String audioPath, Int32 audioQuality, Int64 previewLength, Int64 chorusTime)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.GetPackageData(Boolean validate)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.btnPackageGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
2018-02-18 21:08:18.7618 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__1 

RocksmithToolkitLib
Void Wav2Wem(System.String, System.String, Int32)
Exception cached:

System.Exception Wwise audio file conversion failed: Could not find Audiokinetic Wwise installation.
Please confirm that either Wwise v2013.2.x v2014.1.x 2015.1.x or 2016.2.x series is installed. Void Wav2Wem(System.String, System.String, Int32)    at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.Wav2Wem(String wavSourcePath, String destinationPath, Int32 audioQuality)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.Exception: Wwise audio file conversion failed: Could not find Audiokinetic Wwise installation.
Please confirm that either Wwise v2013.2.x v2014.1.x 2015.1.x or 2016.2.x series is installed.
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.Wav2Wem(String wavSourcePath, String destinationPath, Int32 audioQuality)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Other World (the Black Mages version as there are two CDLC here) is Eb drop Db for the guitar part but is listed as GDGC in the bass tuning.  GDGC is Eb drop Db with a capo on the 3rd fret, which I'm guessing is one possibility how the bass was recorded if it wasn't on a 5 string .  I don't think I can fix this one with the above instructions can I?  For now I have fixed it with a post it note, but a 'real' fix would be nice if it's possible.

I could also fix It's My Life if I could find where in the toolkit to add a capo requirement and the fret it needs.

An unrelated question I came across when doing this; an RS1 song Muse's Unnatural Selection is tuned open G but is listed among all the Eb standard songs. I thought the two tunings might be enharmonic (or whatever the correct word to describe 'two tunings in the same key') but when I write it out they definitely aren't, and my piano agrees.  Is there something to this or is it just the game being goofy?

So now at this point I have 3 different songs in 3 different 'custom tuning' categories left that I can't change, or two that I can't and one that I could if I figure out that wwise error.  AND now all my Eb drop Db songs no longer appear in the 'custom tuning' category but correctly under the header Eb drop Db.  So a medium sized victory there too.

• Administrator

An unrelated question I came across when doing this; an RS1 song Muse's Unnatural Selection is tuned open G but is listed among all the Eb standard songs. I thought the two tunings might be enharmonic (or whatever the correct word to describe 'two tunings in the same key') but when I write it out they definitely aren't, and my piano agrees.  Is there something to this or is it just the game being goofy?

The tuning sorting have a few "issue" regarding some special tuning. I wouldn't really read too much into it (for example the F standard song above E std are listed under Eb std...).

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Press F to standard respect

anyway as for a wwise error, just read that message "Please confirm that either Wwise v2013.2.x v2014.1.x 2015.1.x or 2016.2.x series is installed."

now go grab wwise version of choice and you're ready to go :)

• Like 1

Could anyone tell me if the following tunings exist 'by name' in-game, or are 'supposed' to be labeled as Custom Tuning? Thanks in advance.

C# drop B

B standard

B drop A

A standard
A drop G

I have several CDLC that use the above several tunings, and no matter what I do in creation kit they always show up in game as Custom Tuning.  If anyone has any of the above tunings by name in-game, then I must still be doing something wrong and need to look at this on a case by case basis I think.

with some help from http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/31438-5-string-bead-problem/?hl=a220'>this thread & http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/24889-not-able-to-play-song-after-using-fix-bass-tuning/page-2?hl=a220#entry196655'>this thread I have 'fixed' about 20 CDLC's, most of which had the tunings named properly for lead & rhythm, and the strings properly offset but the tuning not 'named' in editor, meaning most were a 1 minute fix.  Some were challenging and needed to be set to A220 and/or probably made in older versions of creation kit. 

I'm afraid the answer might be the names in the in-game tuner are the only tunings it names, everything else is custom no matter what you can do with CDLC. I'm certainly not an expert on this but I think I am correct in assuming the game will always name the above tunings as 'custom tuning' based on how many tries I have done with some of these CDLC's.  Just would like some confirmation if anyone is willing to provide it. Thanks.

• Administrator

you are correct in your assumption that tuning list is what the game only knows and everything else is labeled as "custom tuning".

Recent discoveries for modding the game though have allowed to add new tuning properly to that list, we are working on getting something that would cover 99.99999% of the current needs for all user to be easily added by all user. If you feel like modding it yourself, you can always check this : http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/53049-colds-crap/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity