Text to GP5 help (if possible)

Bluetac

Question

I was just looking at a way to convert a text based tab to gp5 , i just tried the link in the tutorials section for the online converter but that link doesn't work , it just takes you to a youtube channel.
Can anyone recommend another as i would love to be able to make this song as the bass line is awesome but have no idea how to convert it to a usable tab to import.
To a noob like myself the tab looks ok then then i could be completely wrong lol.

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

4 answers to this question

• Administrator

GP have an TXT import function but the result are usually not that great because text tabs tends to lack proper rhythm information or clear formatting. But it can be a nice base to work with.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanks guys 
I had a look at the import function of guitar pro 6 and 7 as i bought the latest version (never really used them though) and it has the option to import ascii but the formatting cant be correct as i can't import it.
I will take a look at the help files and have a go at charting it by hand :)

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Tabbing by hand into EoF is not all that bad.  Most tabs tend to repeat so copy+paste is definitely your friend.

I've tabbed a number of songs straight into EoF and once you learn the basic key commands it doesn't take nearly as long as you might expect.

The only thing is you really need to beat map the song before starting.

• Like 2