Creating CDLC and have a question

Netrngr

Question

So I have tried creating a CDLC and everything went ok I guess until I put it in my RS DLC folder with the rest I have downloaded. I fired up RS2014R and the song is listed it allows me to select it and launch it but no notes appear nor does song play. after a couple of seconds it completes with 0% progress.

I have a couple of ideas but here are my suspicions:

1) At some point I had changed the note colors on a failed experiment and cant remember how to set the note / string colors back to Rocksmiths colors. Don't know if this has anything to do with it but would like to have the colors correspond for simplicity's sake. How do I do this?

2)  When i created the CDLC .psarc file I renamed the WEM files removing the string of numbers and letters preceding the .wem so it was song title.wem and song title_preview.wem. Could this cause the files to corrupt somehow? I still have the originals.

3) I had ignored some popups about the RS phrasing having non alphanumeric chars in them. I have sese corrected this as I found how to edit the names of the phrases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a metric ton of stuff that isn't available here yet and would like to contribute the ones I want in my collection as well as ones requested.

14 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@Netrngr That issue is usually due to an incorrect wem file. Did you create it manually using wwise or did you let the toolkit do the convertion?

1) F11 in EOF

2) see first remark

3) shouldn't cause that kind of issue

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Netrngr That issue is usually due to an incorrect wem file. Did you create it manually using wwise or did you let the toolkit do the convertion?

1) F11 in EOF

2) see first remark

3) shouldn't cause that kind of issue

Fire,

I installed the latest version of Wwise and followed the instructions in the tutorial video to create the wem files. Could it be the version of Wwise? I did not see the option to download the version in the video but I assumed the Wwise software would be ok. I went back and fixed the non alphanumeric characters issue as well as a few other little snafus I had noticed and regenerated the song. Basically the same issue.

I tried to follow the tutorials but the software has changed a bit as far as options and locations of certain options. I was however able to find most of the things in the initial setup. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Administrator

@@Netrngr The latest beta of the toolkit can do the wem convertion itself which will avoid any issue you might do when using wwise.

So letting the toolkit do the convertion will void your issue as it is surely related in parameters badly set in wwise.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Fire I also noted something while rereading your tutorial. You say to select the Guitar.ogg file in the creator. I however looking at the default text selected the WEM file instead. DOH! I will download the beta of the RSTK tonight and give it a whirl. At this moment its only the bass track for this particular song but I wanted to start with what I was best at. I can then move to what I am suckier at ;)

Fire,

I also made note of the end of your tutorial, which I know it says is incomplete, where it mentions a bass fix as well as the 5-6 string bass issue/part.

I am primarily a bassist and while I own several guitars and want to learn to play them and am making progress I am a 4 string kinda guy. I have increasingly become more curious about 5 and 6 string basses. Haven't really played them but would like to start getting acquainted with them. My boss is a bassist as well and swears by his 5 and 6 stringers and as he has worked as a gigging musician for years I value his opinion. I assume there is a way to add 5 and 6 string bass parts to RS2014R tracks based on your section reservation?

I also build my own instruments and have my eye on a 5 string kit I want to build but honestly at this point I was considering the 5th string as nothing more than a thumb rest until I get more familiar with the additional string. It would be super awesome if there were 5/6 string options for RS. 

Thanks Fire, that worked like a champ. Have version 1 done (bass only). Having some issues with the guitar part. Seems as though the GP5 file is missing a few measures here and there compared to the audio file. Trying to pick them out of the previous notes and add them in so the track matches the song. Much easier to do on bass hahaha.

One thing to note:

The beta did not like the 2017 version of Wwise but I could download the 2016 version no issues and then it built the package lickety split. You da man!

Will post the .psarc in my workshop thread tonight or tomorrow evening. lol All jazzed up to create now. 

Does anybody know if there is a limit to how much downloadable content the game can see? I have around 1100 songs but the game doesn't see them all its kinda stuck at 1063. Also when I  delete songs they still show up in my song list.

Thanks for any help in this.

~R

Im pretty sure there is no limit but be advised the every song you load takes up memory. I've got a lot of cdlc which I am considering moving out of the dlc folder and just moving the folder containing what i want to play before playing to lower the overhead. Plan on putting songs I have at 95% or higher into one folder and stuff below into another. Kinda a needs work and pretty dang good folder system

• Like 1

I have never used it, but I think the RS Roadie was created to help switching between different sets of songs on the folder level:

http://customsforge.com/topic/20212-tool-the-rs-roadie-song-selection-list-modification-and-setlist-manager/

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@meszlenyi9 make sure your AV program doesn't fuck with the toolkit :P

at least allow this app to work it's not a bad app and you can trust it.
you could also get a beta version of it to be on a safe side...