Alt-tabbing Rocksmith 2014 after Windows 10 update lowers resolution

Nick K.

Question

After avoiding this stupid Windows 10 update (which btw completely changed my windows settings etc) for I dont even know how long, I was forced to install it. Now whenever I alt tab out of rocksmith and alt tab back in, it lowers the resolution a bit, which results to blurry visuals (not as blurry as to be unplayable, but enough for it to be jarring to the eye) and also adds this tiny white line that surrounds the game on all screen sides and edges which i dont know what it is. Anyone encountered this before ?? First time it happens to me in 2 and almost a half years of rocksmith players... Any tips or fixes will be greatly appreciated...

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

5 answers to this question

Ok now that I know the issue started with a Win update, I have found the solution (that works or me)

I used steam to browse the local files of RS and right clicked the rocksmith2014.exe file. Under the compatibility tab, put a check on "Disable fullscreen optimizations" apply and good to go.

lklEcZO.png

• Like 4

windows 10 tester edition
It's way off that win7 standard as for testing for me

plus it's really feels like it's in dev lots of little bugs here and there, still not that bad as mac os this days

lmao

I have the same issue on Win10 pro, I thought it was just me. If I go to the options and make it windowed mode then back to full screen mode again it works/returns but alt tabbing alone adds the white border and slightly blurry.

Should I try validating game files in steam? My drivers are up to date.

• Like 1

A-mazing! This is the solution, thanks! I tried everything, when in reality it was just 2 clicks to fix... I marked it as best solution, lets hope more people see this thread! @@Toddo

• Like 1

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)