Different BPM's, different tracks.

Cat With A Mustach

Question

For a pro tab that I am using, for one reason or another, the BPM changes a few times in the guitar tab, however they made the bass stay the same tempo through out the song, but spaced the notes out so they worked correctly. Trying to change the BPM on the guitar, of course made it switch the BPM on the bass. Is there a way to keep the Bass at a certain BPM without it getting the other changes from the guitar track?

7 answers to this question

Create two different sessions in  EOF using the same ogg/wave. So after you've set up the bass track (since it doesn't change tempo), use the 'save as'  function to create a second file, this time for the guitar track. Just make sure to give each track a distinctive name when you save them (or delete the bass track from the second).

Otherwise, why  not just space out the bass track to match the guitar? How do they do this on the original recording?

I'm also having this same problem. The lead for a song I'm working on jumps up 15 or so BPM during one section, while the rhythm stays consistent throughout. I'm having a really hard time trying to deal with laying out the rhythm notes once I increase the BPM. I just wish you could increase the BPM for one track at a time. Like mark a beat anchor with a different BPM for that track only.

• Administrator

That's really weird to have two different BPM in the same track when you record something. i think you will be better with adjusting note (or tab directly) than trying to use different BPM in the same song.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The tempo is not changing for just one arrangement, it just sounds like one of the musicians is playing out of sync. Manually moving notes out of grid snap (or perhaps even with just a small grid snap value like 1/32 or 1/48) for the offending track is probably the best way to go.

I'm honestly not sure that I understand your problem correctly, to be honest. During the writing/recording process of a song, I don't see how the guitar player could be recording at a different speed or counting the beats any differently than the bass player.

It sounds to me like the person who made the tab screwed up. 

If you were to sync the beat map entirely and add the appropriate time signature BEFORE importing the bass and guitar tabs, wouldn't your problem be solved? Both arrangements have the same number of measures, right? Just different "speeds?"

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs