Strings for Rocksmith

pom

I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rocksmith-Compatible-Multi-Coloured-Electric-Guitar-strings-/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/z/H9wAAOxyV-xR5mpP/$%28KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR5mpPicw%21~~60_12.JPG

• Like 1

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ...

I have those on my bass at the moment, and they are awesome.

The sound and the quality of the string is very good.

They glow but only under UV or UV-A.(blacklight)

http://imgur.com/PFUIxTW.jpg

Check out my Workshop!

Can't test my Lead/Rythm arrangements  'cause my guitar is broken. I play bass mainly.

I had a 9-46 set of these and will probably get another set when I'm through all of my other 9-46.

I dislike the uneven-intensity glow, but I guess it's better than no glow at all.

Only some pick materials will work with these strings - carbon fibre picks, for example, will scratch that coating right off. If you're talented enough to pick-tap, then say goodbye to your coating...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have these on a bass? are you sure?

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:

Can anyone vouch for a specific brand of colored strings? I'd really like to get some for my friend who typically abuses his guitar and breaking a string would probably cause him to stop playing until I replace it for him. Not really concerned with glowing or lighting, just as a visual reference to match up strings with the rocksmith display.

You have these on a bass? are you sure?

Maybe not the ones he pointed in the link, but the same model just for bass. ;)

These ones to be exact

Check out my Workshop!

Can't test my Lead/Rythm arrangements  'cause my guitar is broken. I play bass mainly.

Can anyone vouch for a specific brand of colored strings? I'd really like to get some for my friend who typically abuses his guitar and breaking a string would probably cause him to stop playing until I replace it for him. Not really concerned with glowing or lighting, just as a visual reference to match up strings with the rocksmith display.

if your friend stops playing guitar because he breakes a string, then it isn't worth buying them for him, that just shows, that your friend dont "really" want to learn guitar... it requires time and money.

nksaNnU.jpg

Good point CthulhuDawn. I mean, the reason I started playing Rocksmith in the first place was because I borrowed his copy and his cheapo guitar - but it seems like he is less interested in playing now that I'm better than him (and I still suck massively). I appreciate the insight and thanks for making customs!

• Like 1

personally IMO I don't think they are such a great idea anyway....might be a hard habit to break (looking at the strings when your trying to play later on) not only that but CthulhuDawn is right, your friend needs to be a little more committed than that if he actually intends to learn how to play.... as it doesn't exactly come easy for most people
  • Like 1

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rocksmith-Compatible-Multi-Coloured-Electric-Guitar-strings-/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/z/H9wAAOxyV-xR5mpP/$%28KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR5mpPicw%21~~60_12.JPG

Lol i got these once and the neon coating came off. and i like daddario.

• 1 month later...

I like that they are "Rocksmith Compatible" lol.  Lots of reviewers have said they broke the high E just stringing up with those neon coated strings, so I haven't really tried them myself.  They have went down in price in the last year though.  They were as much as 20 bucks a set a while back.

Still contemplating buying a set though.  Maybe if I see them on sale for $4 or so.

Cloudsong it sounds like your friend is one of those "Broken string, sold AS-IS for parts" kinda guys. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have them. They work really well and the coating does last quite much handling. As said before, it comes off mainly in places where you strum or near the frets. As a beginner, I have found them very useful, since I don't need to "look for the strings" that much.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy these all the time but only use the blue and orange, I seem to have a hard time finding those 2 strings when playing so I just color them for reference. I use chrome flat wounds on the rest.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D