What would be a good portable speaker for Rocksmith

Overpopulation

Question

Ive read there are portable amps but that even if i can connect them through the aux they are not good for more than just your guitar but not the whole music going from the game. That you should be looking at a monitor speaker is that true.

What about some portable pc speaker that has at least dedicated bass. Preferably in a single piece. The problem is all i find are 2.1 which are clumsy to move, and im unsure how good could be such a low one to power rocksmith and a guitar, i would notbe surprised if sound is too distorted and poorly vivid.

Any suggestions out there.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I have the CUBE Street EX: https://www.amazon.com/Roland-4-Channel-50-Watt-Battery-Amplifier/dp/B00JLP1PYA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515003420&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cube+street&psc=1&smid=A1FEN8WPYFT9YE

I bought it mainly because it runs on batteries. The bass sound is limited, but I'm also using it for clean standard playing, guitar + mic. It's ok for a small venue or street gigs in my opinion. If you need an amp for Rocksmith exclusively I recommend some gear with dedicated bass like suggested above. Hope this helps. Fly on...

I bought a JBL Flip 3, which was roughly $100 on Amazon at the time, for listening to music out on a boat or cooking by the grill.

A few months later, while traveling, I used the Aux input for Rocksmith (on my laptop) and I think it's spectacular. I play bass, and it does have some "guts". I won't be surprised if a purpose built $100 mini bass amp / speaker rig would be louder, but for a tool that's got a bunch of uses, it's really great. I'd say it's better (clearer / better separation / better representation of dynamic frequencies)  than my older 2.1 Logitech computer setup.

• Like 1

This is what I use for a portable light weight amp that I can throw in my gig bag... with or without Rocksmith... it sounds great, is inexpensive, runs on a 9v or power, and has a headphone jack if you need to be more discrete (ie in a hotel)...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Mini65Twin--fender-mini-65-twin-2x3-inch-combo-amp?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3249758899&rkg_id=0&product_id=Mini65Twin&adpos=1o2&creative=226991063641&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIie-5hamw2QIVTZJ-Ch1ENwTPEAQYAiADEgKqO_D_BwE

• Like 2