Progress Tracker

RoR

I've made myself a goal of learning to code in C# this year. As well as studying i want to sink my teeth into a project.

My idea: Advance Progress Tracker

I hope to create an application that logs my scores & accuracy when i have completed playing a song in either learn a song or score attack with a time and date and maybe arcade games too. Data that i can use to generate charts to visually show my overall progress and hopefully improvement :unsure:. Potentially auto screen capping score improvements too.

I thought i would share here as i would appreciate all suggestions, advice, resources you guys can give me.

• Like 1

I've been working on something like that myself... but in Rails, not C#.

Here's my progress in the Johhny Cash pack so far:

kcJzFpv.png

Or looking at an individual play session:

Uv2UP7n.png

Great Work! I think I've got a long long way until i get something remotely close to this.

I've been playing around with reading note info from the process memory. I was wondering if you have done something similar or if you got note info via game save decryption? 

I guess this is more like profile parser, since it has that "difficulty" thing in float plus tuning and stuff

not that hard to get scores from profile if it tracks(and it really track those) for you :)
c# is nice but it's just become a weapon of choice :P

Dealing with un-managed code\arrays in memory in C# isn't something you could comfortably do (unfortunately)
does some of the cozy app do similar? or CFSM has kinda that tools?

• Like 1

I guess this is more like profile parser, since it has that "difficulty" thing in float plus tuning and stuff

not that hard to get scores from profile if it tracks(and it really track those) for you :)

c# is nice but it's just become a weapon of choice :P

Dealing with un-managed code\arrays in memory in C# isn't something you could comfortably do (unfortunately)

does some of the cozy app do similar? or CFSM has kinda that tools?

I think they both can back-up, transfer and replace profiles. Not too sure if they can parse but i'll check it out. Thanks

• Administrator

They can probably parse information but none have something that is user friendly to present and use information in any useful way as far as i know and that's the latest part that i personally really care about.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I've been playing around with reading note info from the process memory. I was wondering if you have done something similar or if you got note info via game save decryption? 

Definitely the latter; I'd have no idea how to poke in realtime data.  

Yeah, it's reads the decrypted save game, parses it's JSON, and cross references it with a database of parsed PSARC information (and against past progresses)

They can probably parse information but none have something that is user friendly to present and use information in any useful way as far as i know and that's the latest part that i personally really care about.

Working on getting it user friendly! :D

Have to clean up the code a bit more, but planning on open-sourcing it all sometime in the next couple of weeks.  Not sure if I'm going to host it as a website or not; if I can get it to fit on a free heroku dyno I will, but right now it wouldn't be performant enough against a free SQL DB to host lots of users.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@JustinAiken IMO, no need for a website at all, maybe later on to make a site where people can compare leaderboard and use the app to send the scores over (which would be really cool for non CF user too) more easily but creating a website for it would be way more costly and probably complicated than doing a standalone app.

So far we don't have anything that can store performance over time without user typing in everything into a website or their own thing and just being able to avoid spending time filling information would be an impressive win imo.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Well actually It would be cool to have "scorehero" copy for our cdlc and rating for each song we have here, but that's handled in game pretty well with score attack :)

I'd like to see that my cdlc were played by guys and how much points they've got playing it :)
another thing it could be really "personal tracker" so you could "progress" through song mastery with history a btit more detiled than just " max score an played times

will check it out eventually
I know rocksmither can track it on the fly I can have notes played for rs control app using memory reader by hooking address with certain values. not sure if it's harder than parsing  profile with psarc's actually but you have to dig exe for that. 

Working on getting it user friendly! :D

Have to clean up the code a bit more, but planning on open-sourcing it all sometime in the next couple of weeks.  

Nice! Look forward to giving it a try!  :) 

I have managed to create something that works to some degree on learn a song. I still have to press a key at the end of a run but it gets the Song, Artist, Accuracy, Streak. Occasionally finds some of the other stuff like arrangement, playcount ect but struggles with the smaller text and never gets the orange mastery score :huh: .

I've really enjoyed my first week learning to code. So i'll probably keep working on it just for fun until i can think of summit else to do.

• Like 1

Have you looked at the koko rocksniffer app he made for streamers? It captures live accuracy %'s and note streaks in real time and outputs them to a text file (so OBS can display the data). It also displays the album art for current song and knows when a new song starts.

Could any of that be useful for this kind of tool?

• Like 1

Wow, this could be great!

I came here through Reddit (thanks ZagatoZee).

I am a personal fan of scorehero since the guitar hero good old days. So IMHO if you guys can make something that feels like it would be awesome.

Also, I don't here bother inserting the scores mannually, since I'm about to become a xbox player, I think I wouldn't have a choice after all.

Have you looked at the koko rocksniffer app he made for streamers? It captures live accuracy %'s and note streaks in real time and outputs them to a text file (so OBS can display the data).

Unfortunately, that's a nogo for me - I'm on Mac, it's PC-only.  Would -love- to see it ported over; for the live streak if nothing else - nothing is more annoying than thinking you have a 1000 note streak going only to find you didn't see a "miss" 500 notes back! 

It would be cool to combine this tool with a souped-up version of rocksniffer... I'd love to have data on every single note I've hit or missed save!  

Parsing the save data only tells you what your "best" (what I display) and "last" accuracy was for learn-a-song, and NOTHING about score attack besides the play count / score / pick.  

Have you looked at the koko rocksniffer app he made for streamers? It captures live accuracy %'s and note streaks in real time and outputs them to a text file (so OBS can display the data). It also displays the album art for current song and knows when a new song starts.

Yes i actually started with looking into that. Its nice!

However it wasn't always stable for me and it seems like only have notes available, hit and missed which would not really be enough to provide the kind of stats i would be hoping to log over different arrangements, DD's, SA difficulty. I guess its possible to parse the PSARC files and cross reference the counted notes against each DD and SA.

BTW, I'll be open sourcing this Ruby on Rails webapp and a little Ruby client on Saturday.  

Awesome! Can't wait to give it a try.

I've had some success of my own. I can now capture all of the text required in learn a song mode to log each play through.

The application captures the parts of the screen needed, does some slight image formatting and sends the images through an OCR to read the data to text. It's probably more labour intensive and far less pretty than parsing directly from the game-save but it works.  :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

This could really be great for the championship Scores, too!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

- Client: https://github.com/JustinAiken/rsprogress_client

- Server: Coming Mon-Tue 

- Ruby library used by both: https://github.com/JustinAiken/rsgt

Server is of course more useful... but fun stuff to look at in the client code.  If you're interested in using this in the future, create a git repo now, and run just the `rake progress:save` after each time you finish playing... can backfill the sessions to the server once it's running later.

• Like 1

A video on how to use it would be quite helpful

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Server! https://github.com/JustinAiken/rsprogress_server

Going to try and host it somewhere, so that everyone doesn't have to figure out how to run a RoR development environment to use it...

If I do host it somewhere, will probably need a windows dev to look at the ruby client, and make a Windows app that does the same thing... maybe integrated into CFSM or something..