Rocksmith White Screen crash. Help?

RapidResponder

Question

Hey guys, ive had this problem for about a week now. Sometimes when my rocksmith opens, it will give me a white screen and then crash. If it doesnt crash, I can play the game like normal, until I alt-tab or just exit rocksmith. When I exit rocksmith, it gives me a white screen and I cant open the game again, I have to restart the game if I want to continue playing. Any help? I havent been able to find a solution online.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

this seems to be an issue with the game and windows i think, a work around for thia is to play the game in windowed mode and not exclusive fullscreen, that helps for me atleast

Unfortunately, that does not work for me. If I change the display mode, it will give me that white screen and I'll have to restart rocksmith. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

this seems to be an issue with the game and windows i think, a work around for thia is to play the game in windowed mode and not exclusive fullscreen, that helps for me atleast

Unfortunately, that does not work for me. If I change the display mode, it will give me that white screen and I'll have to restart rocksmith. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

hmm other than changing the option in the config file maybe? (will be in your rocksmith install folder, Rocksmith.ini file, open in notepad or something and change the line "Fullscreen" so it reads "Fullscreen=0" then save and exit)

• Like 1

@@RapidResponder validate your steam cache(aka your install) and if didn't help go delete rocksmith.ini from the game's folder

maybe you should also update your gfx drivers (but it's highly that files are corrupted esp that cache.psarc)

• Like 1

@@RapidResponder validate your steam cache(aka your install) and if didn't help go delete rocksmith.ini from the game's folder

maybe you should also update your gfx drivers (but it's highly that files are corrupted esp that cache.psarc)

Thanks for your help.

hmm other than changing the option in the config file maybe? (will be in your rocksmith install folder, Rocksmith.ini file, open in notepad or something and change the line "Fullscreen" so it reads "Fullscreen=0" then save and exit)

The error was fixed. Re-installing the game and deleting the Rocksmith.ini file did not work. I tried what xx_miyu_xx suggested, and that is what fixed the problem.

I do not know what the problem could have been. Changing the display mode in the rocksmith.ini file instead of in game did not work until after  I re-installed rocksmith like Alex360 suggested. Maybe the rocksmith.ini file was corrupted and rocksmith was not able to fix it until I re-installed the entire game? I don't know. 

Thank you so much for your help guys!!

@@RapidResponder back in day when I've played around with rockcsmith files I had white screen hang on me and only thing was putting back original files so i suggested that to you. maybe if you're on mac sierra you've got issues with crash when fullscreen? anyway I'm glad it's fixed :)