Maybe I'm watching too many interviews with Slash recently, but

AtGame7

I'm among those who have accepted the fact that the original members of GnR will never play live together again.  This is one of the biggest crimes (musically) to happen in our lifetime.  I keep watching interviews with Slash that ultimately come around to that question and so many of them end up asking him if there is a price, regardless of how ridiculous, that would make it happen and Slash seems all too happy to reply that it isn't about money.

Hey, I get it, it's not about money.  One day I hope to not have to make so many decisions based on how much money I have or don't have.  

I love Slash and admittedly don't know everything that was said and done back in the day, but it doesn't have to be about the money, Slash.  How about making it about the fans?  You know, the fans that idolize what you do and wish they had 10% of the talent you do.  

You know, the fans that bought all those record and concert tickets that put you in a position that it doesn't have to be about the money anymore? 

I'd be foolish to think this is all on Slash, I know that it isn't.  Still, something about that grin when he says it's not about the money bother me, a little.

Maybe someone has to ask him about the price - but stress that they're not talking about money, either.

Is all it would take a sincere apology? Would it be enough for one(or both) to say "I'm sorry, man. I've been a giant f*cking c*nt about this for years, and you(or even 'we both') deserve better"?

All we really know is that if it DID happen, they'd get a truck full of money driven up to their houses, daily, for the rest of their lives. And yet there's something that makes that not worth it.

From reading his book and stuff, I don't think he wants to be near axl after everything, if you hate someone so much would join with them just for the fans sake or even if you were desperate for the money? Guess it's just as much about his happiness as well as the fans. I adore slash, have done since I was little, and I stand by anything he does, I wouldn't mind either way if he got back with gnr or stuck solo, it's all awesome stuff in different ways.

But I do think axl is a butt hole tbh lol

• Like 1

From reading his book and stuff, I don't think he wants to be near axl after everything, if you hate someone so much would join with them just for the fans sake or even if you were desperate for the money? Guess it's just as much about his happiness as well as the fans. I adore slash, have done since I was little, and I stand by anything he does, I wouldn't mind either way if he got back with gnr or stuck solo, it's all awesome stuff in different ways.But I do think axl is a butt hole tbh lol

I completely agree with you.  I guess I just don't comprehend the absolute hatred that must be there to be willing to throw away everything they did.  Obviously that hate is there and it's real, I just don't get it.

And yes, Axl is a butt hole.

With respect, I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle.  The unraveling of GnR is a musical tragedy.  Think about all the great music we've missed.  That I agree.  But IMO, 90% of the blame can be laid at Axl's feet.  This guy has driven everyone away from him.  As @@Ally said, read his autobiography but also read other accounts from the time.  Axl believed his own hype far too much.  

As for Slash, look at things like Velvet Revolver.  Slash brings Duff and Matt Sorum back together and makes some ok music.  Fall to Pieces is some awe inspiring soulful guitar work. But it will never be the same GnR and that's because of Axl.  

I was lucky in that I got to see them 3 times live (yes, I'm old).  Believe me, I'd love to turn the clock back and see a few more albums from the band back then, but that ship has sailed...

I have to say that I am not a major fan of guns and roses, but I do have an opinion of an artists obligation to fans.

In my opinion the only obligations they have is what the fans purchased.  If they sold you a concert ticket, they must perform at the concert.  If they sold you a CD, then that CD should have their music.  And it really ends there.  If we get any more music or reponses from them that is their decision, but they don't owe anything.Lifetime fans of bands often think the bands owe something to them for such dedication.  But in my opinion that fan invested too much given no promise of return.And if all that I heard about Axl is true, he doesn't really deserve to be near Slash again.  It seems unmoral for Axl to profit off of people he treated so badly.

Axl made more enemies then just his own band. While it may be disappointing to some that they wont play together, I personally can see the point. I think it is might be considered selfish to ask the rest of the band members to be forced to be around him again just so the fans could have some more of their music. Axl is a miserable person to be around according to all the stories and when you tour and work on music together the atmosphere must be that of nearly family. I saw them live and was so disappointed in the concert because of Axl's terrible live singing. Between Metallica and Guns and Roses Metallica blew them out of the water live and that was mainly because of Axl, Honestly they are all better off playing with out him. Just my opinion.

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

I think I might be alone in that I actually liked Chinese Democracy.  It wasn't like old Guns N Roses but if it had any other name on it, I think it would have done much better.

It's not a bad album. But with such a long wait for it, even if it had somehow been possible for it to be perfect for eveyone who heard it, there still would have been disappointment.

Given how much time has passed and whatever, I don't think I'd even want a reunion anymore.

Let's just appreciate the music for what it was/is. There's so many hypothetical 'what if's' but I'm fine with the way things are.

I hear you, and I understand that it won't ever happen, but I don't think I'll ever be in the camp that isn't hoping it does.  I know for sure that I would go see it if it did happen.

As my wife would be quick to remind me, I have spent a lot of money over the years on concerts and sporting event but I don't regret any of it.  Not the games my team lost and not the concerts that were sub-par simply because a lot of the groups/artists I like may not be around much longer so I really want to see them when I have the chance.  I didn't see Warren Zevon his last trip to Pittsburgh, I'll always hate myself a little bit for that.