Iron Maiden

Berneer

quick question, do you guys want all 3 solos in the lead arrangement, or for them to be split up?

Hehehe divisive question :)

I think I am in the minority of people but I personally prefer to have the arrangements as they are played live. So I like to know that I am playing the Dave Murray arrangement or the Adrian Smith arrangement. I prefer that over a fictitious arrangement. I know from a skill set and points accumulating perspective that may be annoying to have a solo in a rhythm arrangement, especially given there are only a few solos I can actually play. just want to feel like a Rockstar, not just say I can play rhythm components of a song I love. If I go to a party I'd love to have the skills of both a lead and rhythm guitarist to entertain people with a combination of power chords and well-loved riffs. Just playing rhythm might not be as entertaining for them. But that Is just my opinion.

Of course which ever way you choose I will be most pleased with your gift to us.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Hi Maiden fans!

For those of us who haven't followed up on Blaze Bayley's solo career after he left Iron Maiden, I think it is safe to say he's had a prolific and exciting follow-on. Here is a Wikipedia link to each studio album he has released after parting ways with Maiden.

@PC Plum has gotten us started with a challenging and invigorating set of songs from the Silicon Messiah album. Blaze obviously had something to prove when he left and, in my opinion he's had a great solo career. Word to the wise, don't pass up on these albums and the corresponding growing set of customs for Rocksmith.  Blaze has made me realize that there is great music in the Indie scene.

I've added the following section just under the Bruce Dickenson Solo Album section of the OP.

Blaze Bayley Solo Albums (Iron Maiden singer from 1994-1999)

Motherfuckers R Us (from Silicon Messiah) - PC Plum - Submitted for RS2014 - v1.0 - RR - LRBV

Born As A Stranger (from Silicon Messiah) - PC Plum - Submitted for RS2014 - v1.0 - RR - LRBV

The Hunger (from Silicon Messiah) - PC Plum - Submitted for RS2014 - v1.0 - RR - LRBV

Silicon Messiah (from Silicon Messiah) - PC Plum - Submitted for RS2014 - v1.0 - RR - LRBV

The Brave (from Silicon Messiah) - PC Plum - Submitted for RS2014 - v1.0 - RR - LRBV

Evolution (from Silicon Messiah) - PC Plum - Submitted for RS2014 - v1.0 - RR - LRBV

Stare At The Sun (from Silicon Messiah) - Upcoming by Berneer - RR - DD - LRBV

Have fun!!

Here's a pretty terrific playthough of Born As a Stranger from @@Xyber for you to sample and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90o2dgAOh3A

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of guitar leads...I have a WIP version of my Lightning Strikes Twice up. But I will need help with the guitar. I don't currently own a guitar to test, and I am a bit of a beginner at charting, so the alternating sections between Dave Murray and Gers (not to mention that the intro clean guitar is on a different sheet entirely) are a bit of a challenge for me to add in. I got the bass in though and I will be adding in lyrics and DD.

Here is link for anyone who is interested / can send me an XML file for the rhythm and lead arrangements. The bass is playable bar a few timing related issues in the solo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2l12vpwposkose/Iron-Maiden_Lightning-Strikes-Twice_v_p.psarc?dl=0

Speaking of guitar leads...I have a WIP version of my Lightning Strikes Twice up. But I will need help with the guitar. I don't currently own a guitar to test, and I am a bit of a beginner at charting, so the alternating sections between Dave Murray and Gers (not to mention that the intro clean guitar is on a different sheet entirely) are a bit of a challenge for me to add in. I got the bass in though and I will be adding in lyrics and DD.

Here is link for anyone who is interested / can send me an XML file for the rhythm and lead arrangements. The bass is playable bar a few timing related issues in the solo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2l12vpwposkose/Iron-Maiden_Lightning-Strikes-Twice_v_p.psarc?dl=0

I could help you :) But now i got my guitar tuned in Drop B, as soon as i tune back up to E, i will fully help you with the chart!

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Just an update - I have finished the lyrics, and will be starting work on my next track - The Pilgrim. After that I want to take a crack at either Gates of Tomorrow or Brave New World. After Brave New World is complete we will only have one more song left on that album before it is totally done!

EDIT: The Pilgrim is coming along nicely. I will have to edit the tab in EOF manually though as it looks like there's some mistakes in the original tab. Also, Lightning Strikes Twice is available on Ignition. :)

EDIT 2: The Pilgrim is finished, same story though, Bass and Vocals only. Going to do Brave New World next as that one should be pretty easy.

EDIT 3: First run of Brave New World is done. Still some timing issues. That's enough work for today.

EDIT 4: Brave New World is done. Working on Gates of Tomorrow.

EDIT 5: Gates of Tomorrow is done. Tailgunner up next. There are some currently charted songs which I feel are poor quality, such as Ghost of the Navigator so I might do those at some point. Also there is no bass tab for a few songs, so I have contacted the authors of those to see if I can't help. I think after Tailgunner though I'm going to review the songs that I've done and see if I can't improve the timing even further. I think one (The PIlgrim?) also doesn't have Dynamic Difficulty.

EDIT 6: Tailgunner is done.

EDIT 7: Lightning Strikes Twice got an update with Lead and Rhythm tabs done. The Pilgrim cannot receive the same treatment however as either the tab or Guitar Pro is broken (it reads just fine in EOF though, hmmm...)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought about making an edit on last post (eight edits, wow, I was kinda busy eh), but I'm happy to report that I got a bunch of Iron Maiden cds for Christmas, so I should have access to better quality audio. I got Fear of the Dark, Virtual XI, Powerslave, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and Number of the Beast.

That being said, I've got a version of Como Estais Amigos in the works. It's coming along, but the bass tab has many mistakes - I suspect the guitar tab may also be wrong, but I can't test at the moment while everything is in storage. Expect LRBV, 256khz audio (straight from the CD) and a video with this one.

Also in my WIPs:

• The Mercenary (to finish off the Brave New World album)
  • Ghost of the Navigator (new/fixed version)
  • The Fallen Angel (new version, with bass also)

Gates of Tomorrow is in desperate need of an update, the lyrics are timed wrong and the phrases are weirdly done. I kinda rushed through that one.

Lightning Strikes Twice could use better quality audio.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry @@eezstreet, I just now remembered to add links to your contributions to the OP. It's done now. Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wildest Dreams is done also: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/wildest-dreams-r21269

I have started on getting a cleaned-up Montségur and also The Great Unknown tabbed for bass.

I have The Great Unkown but guitars only, send me the bass tab and i'll work on it! 

9A7alLl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I made Heaven Can Wait recently (edit: and updated the song Iron Maiden, which now has lead and bass). I'll almost certainly be doing updates (not least adding lyrics, and hopefully a playthrough video), so any and all feedback is welcome in the meantime.

I also posted in my workshop about other Iron Maiden songs I'm planning on doing. Let me know if there's anything I missed that people really want to see, or any other songs have versions on here that are lacking and I should look at doing an update on.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Sorry everyone , especially @@eezstreet, since I've been busy since January on the new EoF Chordify feature (testing, tutorial etc) which I can only manage to do a bit every day and is therefore taking forever... so I have been delinquent, until today, in keeping this page up to date.

You will now all find your Maiden CDLC as well as @@PC Plum with his impressive and top quality collection of Blaze Bayley customs fully linked to in the original post.

I did start  (in November 2015) and am at about 75% completion of the Blaze masterpiece,  Stare At the Sun, but then Chordify took over my life from January to probably late August 2016 so I put Blaze on hold. I'll then finish Blaze. I have an October deadline for Blaze because he knows I am making this custom and he will be touring in my city and I don't want to possibly meet him and tell him I've not completed his custom 1 year after first talking to him about it. :)

Keep the Maiden coming boys, 111 down, 41 To Go.

If some of you guys fancy doing some Blaze, his last 3 solo albums are just amazing and are untouched Rocksmith-wise. He's been having a fine career since leaving Maiden. I just wish he'd get more accolades for his brilliant work. I'm planning on making a video of various  Blaze Rocksmith customs and with some of us playing his songs, which I'll submit to Blaze himself for having been so nice and receptive about making his custom and even forwarding me tabs for Stare at the Sun. Plum later noticed Blaze got them from the net, but still he uncovered them for me. I had searched "Blaze Bayley" but later realized I had to type in "Blaze" only in the Ultimate Guitar web site.... LOL

• 4 months later...

Shameless plug: After a whopping 210 hours of toiling away on and off at this one since November 2015 (interrupted for 8 months to work on development of EoF's Chordify feature for which I have yet to release a tutorial), I have finally released my Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun custom.

I am asking the community for playthrough's (camera pointing at you) so I can make a montage in a couple of months and send it to Blaze himself, who was kind and humble enough to dig up tabs to his masterpiece song for me when I couldn't find any and was pleased when I told him I'd make a custom of this one, explaining what Rocksmith is. :)

It's a real challenging one but even with mediocre guitar skills, I have ramped up my ability to play most of this song. I find this one thrilling to play!

Maiden included, this is my favourite song of the last 20 years! No joke. His entire post-Maiden career has been magnificent and still going strong with a trilogy of concept albums, the first of which is released called Infinite Entanglement!! He's even writing a book fleshing out the story.

Have fun!

P.S. Thanks albatross for your latest Maiden custom: Mother Russia!!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So I decided to finally finish this, I already finished of Book of Souls and almost finished A Matter of Life and Death.

I will be going from newer songs to older so just a bit of warning for those making Maiden CDLCs to not make the latest missing song so we won't make 2 same songs at the same time, also if I don't post new CDLC in more than a week I have probably given up :D

Edit: So Matter of Life and Death is complete, now does anyone know which song has a good acoustic bass tone I could use for journeyman?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank-you @@pomaranc for all your hard work!! Thanks for completing the Discography in massive style. Sorry for taking 6 months to update this page. Been a busy year...

OK ladies and gents, now that this awesome feat is complete.....

NEXT PHASE

Now that we have a collection, let's focus on making the collection as high fidelity as humanly possible! When you play a song from this collection that could stand improving, please start by PM'ing the author with detailed and precise (including timestamps or at least times +/- 5 sec of each unique issue) recommended improvements and if the user is inactive then consider adopting or making an improved version.

I wish to avoid squabbling so I prefer not to disparage contributors' work in public that would embarrass him or her, but as I haven't had the time to try all the CDLC here, may I recommend either you PM me when you stumble upon a significantly unbecoming Maiden CDLC.

I would then perhaps add an innocuous asterisk beside a version that was reported as needing improving. I would cancel out the asterisk if I got conflicting reports. No offence to those that it affects. We all had to start somewhere in our learning curve and we appreciate your effort! Now we want this collection to be the world-wide authority on mastering the mighty Maiden!

By the way all those darn cryptic images replacing the album covers beside each album name in the OP, is due to greedy Photobucket.com picture hosting service that now charge exorbitant amounts to allow what they call 3rd party hosting (i.e. hosting pics uploaded to their site for the viewing pleasure on this or other sites). I have thousands of pictures I uploaded to their service and linked to on this site and it would take me hundreds of hours to update all links to a new service. One day I will clean up the OP, sorry for the unsightliness.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@@Berneer May i suggest that you get the wikipedia image address for those album art as it is way more likely to not cause any problem any time soon (unless wikipedia goes down which seems unlikely to happen at this point). It's one of the safest bet along with itunes and they tend to stay in the same kind of size (but google search allow you to restrict this yourself anyway).

That also works for any CDLC record you submit and it's also a great source for artwork when actually creating the CDLC.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity