Iron Maiden

Berneer

Feedback on No More Lies showed me that I could make some slight improvements to my beat mapping. However since it is almost complete and very playable I might as well share my latest beta version.

Feedback also recommended considering all sequences similar to the 5 5 5/7 1 1 1/3 3 3 3/5 after the first chorus to be palm mute the 2 single notes before the powerchord. Watching Maiden footage it looks like Adrian is the only one palm muting. Check out 3:24 of this video:

I even bought an ultimately non-noob friendly seemingly official tab from onlinesheetmusic.com, which seems tabbed differently than this CDLC and the middle of page 7 has a bunch of Cryptic "Fig 1" and no palm mutes, but later in the tab there are some sparse palm mutes. I think I will just keep Dave and Jannick without Palm mutes and Adrian with Palm mutes unless several of you have a definitive answer for me.

I am told my tone is close but distortion is a bit twangy.

ARTIST...................: Iron Maiden

ALBUM....................: Dance of Death

TITLE....................: No More Lies

INSTRUMENT(S)............: Lead,Rhythm,BonusRhythm,Bass,Vocals

TUNING...................: E Standard

VERSION..................: Beta 6.1

RIFF REPEATER............: Yes

DIFFICULTY LEVELS........: 4

DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY.......: DDC2.2 (Ramp-Up:ddc_5_max_levels)

SCORE ATTACK.............: Yes

CUSTOM TONE..............: Yes

SCROLL SPEED.............: 2.0

APPID....................: Iron Maiden - Aces High (258350)

PLATFORMS................: pc / mac / xbox / ps3

CUSTOMS TOOLKIT..........: v2.5.0.0-25199c63 beta

CREDITS..................: raynebc for his extreme helpfulness with my learning curve and Glen for his detailed feedback which I have yet to incorporate!!

Note: the Jannick lead intro shows a half dozen notes non-negligibly out of synch. This seems worse in YouTube than in -game but needs to be fixed. The rest of the song seems like the video notes precede the audio by less thn 100ms so it is worth me taking the time to redo this better. Still very playable in the interim, I think.

Lead Guitar - Jannick Gers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqxpBWyUY4w&feature=youtu.be

Rhythm Guitar - Dave Murray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIQNiJqCJA&feature=youtu.be

Bonus Rhythm Guitar - Adrian Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKIxrCCiQM&feature=youtu.be

Bass - Steve Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRuI9ymlig&feature=youtu.be

Comments:

1. Sorry for the non-standard APPID. For some reason Cherub Rock makes my CDLC crash the game.

2. Guitar tones are original, Bass tone taken from Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

3. Tab Used: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/i/iron_maiden/no_more_lies_ver5_guitar_pro.htm#

Lead = Jannick Gers

Rhythm = Dave Murray

Bonus Rhythm = Adrian Smith

Bass = Steve Harris

Vocals = Bruce Dickenson

5. The Rhythm clean tone sounds high pitched relative to the song but I noticed that it is part of the harmony and it sounds better if picked lightly.

Deviations from the Tab:

The following are the deviations with respect to the tab, either due to RS2014 limitations or corrections made by ear:

a) Jannick, measure 100: whammy bar not modeled (RS limitation)

B) Adrian, measure 93: Grace notes modelled as two quickly successive notes with first note as a string muted note defined with the same fret as the note it precedes. Tab showed pre-note to be open string. Since grace notes are not part of the RS2014 feature set, the pre-note has been given IGNORE status, so missing that note won't penalize the player's score.

c) Dave, measure 79: 1 grace note modeled note and pre-note as a Hammer-On; neither note is given IGNORE status.

d) Adrian, measures 86,87,88,91 & Jannick, measure 94: 'artificial harmonic' and 'special harmonics' were modeled as 'pinch harmonics'.

e)Dave, measure 122, Adrian, measure 122, Jannick, measure 27,28,31,32: calls for Rasgueado flamenco flicking of the strings technique. For Dave and Adrian, the flicking is quite slow and was modeled as an arpeggio. For Jannick, this was simply modeled as a regular chord being picked.

f)Jannick, measure 93:, the trill in the beginning of the solowas modeled as a sequence of Hammer-On's and Pull-Offs (HOPO) each with 1/32 note duration. The trill with artificial harmonic was modelled as rapid picking (1/32 notes) pinch harmonics.

g)Jannick, measure 19: was as one slide instead of three due to listening to the song. As well I made them 3 fret slides since the GP tab didn't specify the end note of the slide. Sounds right.

h) Adrian, measure 86: beginning of solo pre-slide is not modelable in EoF so I treated it as a legato slide from fret 5 to fret 7 with vibrato. To score this properly, pick at fret 5, quickly slide to 7 and regardless of whether you do the vibrato you will see that you score twice doing this, 1x for the 5 and 1x for the slide to 7.It is a legato slide because you don't pick again upon sliding to 7 (fret 5 pick was set to linknext=1 so as to remove the note head on the fret 7)

i)Jannick, measure 122: changed from ghost notes to string mute notes since the these notes are clearly audible in the song.

Tones Volumes and Music Volumes were designed to sound best for the following:

1) In-Game Music Mixer at 100%; All Mixer volumes at 100%.

2) Recording Device Level in Windows at 71; Windows Volume Mixer for PC Speakers at 100%

3) PC Speakers treble and bass knobs set to middle

4) In-game Real Tone Cable Gain 2.0 dB

Each of the guitar solos are way too advanced for me to perform so I was hoping to see someone tell me that Rocksmith is not too cumbersome to learn those flurries of notes.

WITH DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY

PC:.............. Iron Maiden - No More Lies

MAC:......... Iron Maiden - No More Lies

XBOX360:.... Iron Maiden - No More Lies

PS3:............ Iron Maiden - No More Lies

NO DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY

PC:.............. Iron Maiden - No More Lies

MAC:......... Iron Maiden - No More Lies

XBOX360:.... Iron Maiden - No More Lies

PS3:............ Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Comments and feedback are welcome, just please consider that I am not a musician and I do not possess the requisite skill to deviate too much from the tab without explicit instructions. I am sure the tones could be more perfect but these shouldn't break your immersion, I think. For now I will work on the feedback I already received. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone check out what Jazzie just gifted us with, none other than Murders in the Rue Morgue! Awesome CDLC. Check it out!!!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

• 2 weeks later...

MrCscn has made a noteworthy contribution: our first Iron Maiden CDLC featuring Blaze Bayley! Check it out!

Thanks amigo!

Guys, I am noticing several contributions to this discography are not always accompanied with RR or all the arrangements or a Custom tone, and that is your prerogative and we are thankful for all your hard work, but may I recommend that in your posts of Iron Maiden songs which has features missing (relative to a ODLC) that you let us know if you intend to eventually add them or if you are staying put. This would help others know whether to be patient  when say, guitar or bass arrangements are not created, or whether they should simply create it themselves becausethey know it is not forthcoming.

Thanks.

I would also ask as a very minimum that we all break down our Maiden CDLC into at least half a dozen sections since these songs aren't easy. EoF evn gives us cookie cutter standard names for them "Intro, verse, chorus, interlude, solo".  Like this we can use Riff Repeater (simply press SHIFT+S at several distinct locations in your project and voila Riff Repeater is now enabled.)

Keep up the great work everyone.

Thanks so much for the feedback NotGuilty! I really appreciate it. I've been crazy busy for the last month but I will very soon resume work on this. I aim for end of June, lots of testing after I fix synch since sync is step one. :) wish I had more time but playing in and running a soccer league and it's web site is drastically gobbling up all my free time... Oh wait World Cup from mid June to mid July..... Hmmmm.... I'll try to fix No More Lies before then or else it may not come out till August.... Hehehe.

Thanks again Not Guilty!

Thanks so much for the feedback NotGuilty! I really appreciate it. I've been crazy busy for the last month but I will very soon resume work on this. I aim for end of June, lots of testing after I fix synch since sync is step one. :) wish I had more time but playing in and running a soccer league and it's web site is drastically gobbling up all my free time... Oh wait World Cup from mid June to mid July..... Hmmmm.... I'll try to fix No More Lies before then or else it may not come out till August.... Hehehe.Thanks again Not Guilty!

I was planning to do No More Lies but well, it's in your WIP so i leave it to you :D

I also did Satellite 15...The Final Frontier, if a lot of people request it, i can chart Satellite 15 too, i got the tab :D

And some stuff from Brave New World is in my WIP (i'm gonna do again some song from that album...i think they need more work)

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Finished syncing Die with your boots on, just the chart needs a lot of work.. no PMs in the tab.

Thanks for the hard work Snake. I have the same issue for No More Lies sequences that go 5 5 5/7 1 1 1/3 3 3 3/5. I find the song sounds good both ways even if tab doesn't have them as palm mutes. On YouTube I could only clearly see Adrian Palm muting in No More Lies so I think I will only palm mute his arrangement and then since each arrangement is similar every user can more often choose the arrangement they prefer. I guess it is also sounding fine without palm mutes because the single notes are played fast and relatively gently compared the the power chord (ta ta TA ta ta TA ta ta TA)Any way I look forward to Die With Your Boots On!Can't wait to try Satellite 15 ... Final Frontier! Nacholede this song sounds like it will be awesome to play.I've just tried a sneak preview of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.... You guys are gonna lose your shit!This has been a great month for Maiden fans! Thanks to all!!!
  • Like 1

Maiden fans: I am proud to present my 1st CDLC, Iron Maiden - No More Lies

I hope you enjoy it!

Here is the link to the Customsforge post: http://customsforge.com/topic/7759-no-more-lies/

• Like 1

I just want to remaster some songs that are already made but for me are not very good

These are:

• Dance of Death
  • Out Of The Silent Planet
  • The Nomad

If you guys allow me, i'll start working on them 

Hi Nacholede,

I do applaud the first efforts of those contributors. Been busy with my own CDLC so I couldn't say anything yet about their quality. I think I speak for everyone when I say: Please go ahead and improve things if you can.

About Dance of Death, I recommend you check out both versions in circulation (both of which I haven't rigourously tested), maybe you'd save yourself some time if you like one of them.

Thanks for your initiative, those are important songs!

I just want to remaster some songs that are already made but for me are not very good

These are:

• Dance of Death
  • Out Of The Silent Planet
  • The Nomad

If you guys allow me, i'll start working on them 

Hi Nacholede,

I do applaud the first efforts of those contributors. Been busy with my own CDLC so I couldn't say anything yet about their quality. I think I speak for everyone when I say: Please go ahead and improve things if you can.

About Dance of Death, I recommend you check out both versions in circulation (both of which I haven't rigourously tested), maybe you'd save yourself some time if you like one of them.

Thanks for your initiative, those are important songs!

About Dance of Death: The only one i could test is the one that is posted here in CustomsForge, i don't have any idea about the other one

And The Nomad and Out Of The Silent Planet: Both songs had issues with the tone, parts out of sync, and they were without solos so...i'm going to remaster those and post them again :D

Oh, also i'm doing some stuff from Virtual XI, do you like that album?

9A7alLl.jpg

Poor Blaze Bayley get too little loving, but I do really like his contributions to Iron Maiden as well as his very good solo albums post-Iron Maiden.

I would love to see some Virtual XI stuff. We would be most grateful! My favorite on that album is actually a rare Dave Murray song: Lightning Strikes Twice but I'm just saying.... any song you do from that album will be amazing.

I'll contact iFrit1332 to see if he can post his song here on CF.

• Like 1

had (before reinstall) old version of Dance of the Death from SA - still there isn't any good CDLC of it - only difference between "DoD" from SA and this from CSForge is clean tone in intro - rest is messed up in both

Feel free to edit my CDLCs, use tones etc.

had (before reinstall) old version of Dance of the Death from SA - still there isn't any good CDLC of it - only difference between "DoD" from SA and this from CSForge is clean tone in intro - rest is messed up in both

Oh well nevermind then I had no idea the quality was poor. Then I welcome Nacholede's impressive upcoming contributions.To all new and aspiring charters, if you don't find the help you need in the Help forums please don't hesitate to ask us in this thread for assistance. We all want to grace this site with top notch Maiden.
  • Like 2

Hi all, As I promised Snake3169 5 months ago, I am putting links to the Iron Maiden CDLC in this original post now that I have finished my first CDLC. I started but didn't finish yet. Just didn't want you to wonder why some have links and some don't.

Since Smithy Anvil seems disappeared for good it looks like I won't be able to link Rocksmith 2012 or even some Rocksmith 2014 songs that weren't ported over.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Going to do Can I play with Madness for 2014.

Boy you are hitting so many classics. That will be awesome.

When i got time i'll be doing the CDLC i promised :D And many more from Maiden

No rush, don't burn out. Slowly but surely. I see you've been quite busy.Cheers guys! You guys are great! We are very lucky.