Iron Maiden

Berneer

Where are you guys finding GP tabs for these songs already? I won't necessarily throw my hat into the ring with making ones off of the new album given time constraints, but I haven't seen anything.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

Empire of the Clouds is finished :) 
Will add the vocals after the weekend. 
And I'm making an extra lead arrangement for it. which will have both solo's and the most fun riffs.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/empire-of-the-clouds-r16837

• Like 1

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Empire of the Clouds is finished :) 

Will add the vocals after the weekend. 

And I'm making an extra lead arrangement for it. which will have both solo's and the most fun riffs.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/empire-of-the-clouds-r16837

Holy crap, i wanted to do it as soon as the tabs were out, but i think you won me haha :D 

Glad to see it anyways! 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

• Administrator

Haha  :D Yeah I started working on it last night for 6 hours. Then when I woke up today for another 4 hours :')
I was very happy that I got the tones pretty good on the first testing round. Saved me a lot of work.

• Like 1

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Haha  :D Yeah I started working on it last night for 6 hours. Then when I woke up today for another 4 hours :')

I was very happy that I got the tones pretty good on the first testing round. Saved me a lot of work.

Another one that i would like to play is If Eternity Should Fail, and it's in Drop D! 

And as soon as i get home, i will test Empire Of The Clouds and give you a feedback

9A7alLl.jpg

To avoid another situation where two of us are unknowingly creating the same custom, perhaps we should use this forum to announce that we are about to start working on a given song..... I would put your name beside the song in question in the OP. Like this we'll complete the album faster with less duplicated effort.

Can you guys share where you are getting your customs from? I can't find them any where.

Also, given Book of Souls is rapidly climbing as one of my favorite Iron Maiden albums, I'm guess that opinion is shared and that lots of us will be making the CDLC for these songs. I think we should post here if we've found what seems to be excellent tabs for any of the 9 remaining songs to be done on this album.

Up the Irons!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Can you guys share where you are getting your customs from? I can't find them any where.

After I asked I noticed there was one in the queue on ultimate-guitar for Empire of the Clouds. I'm assuming the tab used was that one.

There are text tabs for some other songs from "The Book of Souls" up there now, but no other GP last I checked.

Reviews of The Book of Souls are going up and Anthony didn't like it so much

Although Fantano has given some of my favorite records low scores in my eyes, i can't get mad at him because he makes valid points. I think he's the most fair and honest music reviewer out there.

Of course i like the fact that he is honest, i disagree with him about the album, but it's okay because is his opinion :D

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Anthony Fantano's style of review is appealing to me but I disagree too about his take on the album. I do agree that Man of Sorrows is a weak song and that for a title track, Book of Souls is not as impressive as, say, Dance of the Dead, another Gers/Harris collaborative effort for a title track. Great Unknown is ok, Speed of Light the token short up-tempo appetizer before a lavish meal.

This is the first time I read an album review by exploring metacritic. I must say I found the experience not as enjoyable as reading movie or game reviews. It feels like music reviewers are trying too hard with the metaphors describing the music. I am a scientist by trade but when it comes to enjoyment of music it's all about how it makes me feel and if it is cool, or poignant or visceral. I found reviews to be annoyingly analytical. Book of Souls has all 3 of the above-mentioned traits in abundance for me is a tour de force and merits tons of praise.

I always wondered how seeing such reviews would make the artist feel, especially when someone is dissing your labour of love that was complex and well crafted.

I am rather hooked on The Red And The Black, Empire of the Clouds and Shadows of the Valley and the River Runs Deep.

Question I am still debating about the meaning of The Red And the Black. Classic Harris! Is it about the stock market? The words "artful dodger" and the expression being in the red or in the black seems to be a veiled condemnation of the stock market. Am I wrong?

Why will humanity not save us at the speed of light. What does that mean?

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Anthony Fantano's style of review is appealing to me but I disagree too about his take on the album. I do agree that Man of Sorrows is a weak song and that for a title track, Book of Souls is not as impressive as, say, Dance of the Dead, another Gers/Harris collaborative effort for a title track. Great Unknown is ok, Speed of Light the token short up-tempo appetizer before a lavish meal.

This is the first time I read an album review by exploring metacritic. I must say I found the experience not as enjoyable as reading movie or game reviews. It feels like music reviewers are trying too hard with the metaphors describing the music. I am a scientist by trade but when it comes to enjoyment of music it's all about how it makes me feel and if it is cool, or poignant or visceral. I found reviews to be annoyingly analytical. Book of Souls has all 3 of the above-mentioned traits in abundance for me is a tour de force and merits tons of praise.

I always wondered how seeing such reviews would make the artist feel, especially when someone is dissing your labour of love that was complex and well crafted.

I am rather hooked on The Red And The Black, Empire of the Clouds and Shadows of the Valley and the River Runs Deep.

Question I am still debating about the meaning of The Red And the Black. Classic Harris! Is it about the stock market? The words "artful dodger" and the expression being in the red or in the black seems to be a veiled condemnation of the stock market. Am I wrong?

Why will humanity not save us at the speed of light. What does that mean?

The Man of Shadows has a nice intro, and then it becomes a filler. But the rest of the tracks has a lot of strong points, great instrumentation, excelent solos and riffs and Bruce's voice is incredible. Also, the 2 Bruce's compositions are the best of the album, Empire Of The Clouds is such a masterpiece, i agree they should have put more effort on some of the strings and cellos, but is still an excelent song, and i have to say, one of the best songs i ever heard this 2015.

It deserves more than a 6, at least an 8 or 9, for me is between a 9 and a 10.

And about the lyrics, i only stopped to analize Empire Of The Clouds, Tears of a Clown and The Book of Souls, Tears specially is the one that puts me melancholic about the suicide of Robin Williams (R.I.P) and Empire is like an Opera with Maiden's touch, and represents perfectly the tragedy of the R101.

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Hi, I've just now found this thread. A few things:

- Deja Vu is listed as "not done" on the OP but it's in Ignition (?). I have played this song quite a few times.

- I have Lightning Strikes Twice partially finished but I'm not all that great at getting the sound synced up. Also I don't play guitar (just bass) so if someone wants to give that a once-over that would be helpful.

- If I may request a few songs: The Pilgrim, Gates of Tomorrow, Book of Souls, When the River Runs Deep

thx for all the hard work :D

• Like 1

Hi, I've just now found this thread. A few things:

- Deja Vu is listed as "not done" on the OP but it's in Ignition (?). I have played this song quite a few times.

- I have Lightning Strikes Twice partially finished but I'm not all that great at getting the sound synced up. Also I don't play guitar (just bass) so if someone wants to give that a once-over that would be helpful.

- If I may request a few songs: The Pilgrim, Gates of Tomorrow, Book of Souls, When the River Runs Deep

thx for all the hard work :D

Thanks @@eezstreet, I will take a look

Love Lightning Strikes Twice!! I am a bit busy at the moment but I can eventually look at it if someone hasn't looked at it yet.

Also, a tab for Death or Glory is up in the queue on UG. I've also rehosted it here if anyone doesn't have access and wants to start working on it.

• Like 1