Iron Maiden

Berneer

It's not Dave. He would have played on his lovely Fender :wub:

Guy has also impressive Master Mode score. Insane :mellow: Also his other videos... but I want to see him 100% Octavarium :P

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Good news! I will work on some of the songs left from Powerslave, so stay tuned for new CDLC!  

I have Still Life, Invaders and Prowler synced, just have to find some motivation to finish them.  :P Rime of the Ancient Mariner took a little longer than i hoped, just need to recharge my batteries.  :P  :D

• Like 2

Good news! I will work on some of the songs left from Powerslave, so stay tuned for new CDLC!  

I was actually just thinking Flash of the Blade has a pretty cool bassline and started looking around for tabs yesterday... Good to know others were thinking similarly!

(And Back in the Village is also awesome. Duellists is really good too. Powerslave is probably my favorite Maiden album, though it has stiff competition from Seventh Son. I love every single song on both of those albums)

• Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• 5 weeks later...

Bernixix, what an awesome choice for a Blaze-era song! I absolutely love Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger! I am so stoked to play this.... Argh my wife is pushing me to do renovations .... Argh how to explain I need to play Rocksmith in my free time... :)

I was scrolling through the Learn A Song list of songs and scrolling through Iron Maiden took like 10 seconds..... I just remember thinking how lucky we are to have you all making this glorious discography.

I've asked Blaze Bayley directly via his website for tabs for his solo-career masterpiece "Stare at the Sun" since none exist online. He actually wrote back to me (!!!) saying he loves the idea of making a CDLC of his song and he'll see if he can get his buddy to tab it for me. If he does then that is my next CDLC! Totally nervous since I will show him the result.

http://youtu.be/lgu64WOtXfA

Damn my subscription to this topic is directing all new posts to my junk folder... Argh. Just noticed this recent discussion above. I'm especially excited for Invadors and Back in the Village. I'm very surprised I once saw an interview of Steve Harris that he thinks, looking back, that Invadors is not really good. Damn! It's the first time I ever hear Iron Maiden and I was haunted and hooked all in one shot.

• Like 3

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@Berneer What a great song! I'm not really into Blaze solo career but I really liked this one.

What's really awesome is that you actually got an answer from Blaze, which is really rare and means a lot from the guy behind the artist imo... Not just that, he also seemed to agreed on providing you an official tab - The Tab!

I've always admired that engineering process your customs follow and it's top notch resulting quality... so I bet he's going to be no less than astonished and speechless haha :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've started working on "The Duellists", so hopefully you aren't too far along with the Powerslave tunes! Bass part's totally f'ing ridiculous in many places - I look forward to getting humiliated by it when I'm done.

• Like 1

I've started working on "The Duellists", so hopefully you aren't too far along with the Powerslave tunes! Bass part's totally f'ing ridiculous in many places - I look forward to getting humiliated by it when I'm done.

My RS Cable is still not working D: so i stopped with all my customs until i can fix it! 

9A7alLl.jpg

My RS Cable is still not working D: so i stopped with all my customs until i can fix it! 

Sorry to hear you still haven't been able to fix your cable  :sob:

Anyway, I'll try to have a preview posted up here within a few days. Maybe even tomorrow, since I think all I really need to do at this point for an unpolished preview is to add sections.

• Like 1

Alright, here is the preview. Let me know whether I (or the GP file) messed up the guitars. I put both of the solos on the lead path, but that decision isn't final. I also wasn't sure about how to deal with the parts where there were two separate lines going, each with harmonies (so 4 guitars total) in the instrumental section before the first solo. I think I ended up giving lead the highest "leady" part while I gave the rhythm one of the more "rhythmy" (looking at that word makes me laugh) parts. Anyway, here's the GP file I used for the guitars (for bass I used a different one that was better for bass, but pretty obviously bad for the guitar leads).

Edit: playthrough video!

Lastly, I'll just mention that this is part of a big project that I'm working on to pay tribute to a bunch of bands on my birthday. If any of you want to check out the other stuff I'm working on, check out the links at the bottom of my signature. Feedback of any type, especially on guitar charts and tones, will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 2

Really fun looking playthrough albatross213. This one is on my most anticipated list.

Nacholede thanks for the tip to hear Speed Of Light.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/-F7A24f6gNc

It sounds pretty cool. The lyrics feel a bit forced onto the melody but it is rare that I like a Maiden song on the first listen. I guess it is because my expectations are so high. But I already love the guitar parts. It'll grow on me.

You do get the ends that Bruce is trying his very best in the song and that is inspiring for the whole album.C'mon September 3!!!

I wanna play that video game featured in the video!! :)

Edit: First lesson was on my phone second and third listens are from my car and it sounds much better now! Turn up the volume !

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Really fun looking playthrough albatross213. This one is on my most anticipated list.

Nacholede thanks for the tip to hear Speed Of Light.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/-F7A24f6gNc

It sounds pretty cool. The lyrics feel a bit forced onto the melody but it is rare that I like a Maiden song on the first listen. I guess it is because my expectations are so high. But I already love the guitar parts. It'll grow on me.

You do get the ends that Bruce is trying his very best in the song and that is inspiring for the whole album.C'mon September 3!!!

I wanna play that video game featured in the video!! :)

Edit: First lesson was on my phone second and third listens are from my car and it sounds much better now! Turn up the volume !

I listened to it like 20 times, and i can't stop D: 

9A7alLl.jpg

I am pleased to add a new album to the discography page with your first contribution. I'll do this shortly.

I look forward to hearing the guitar tones - they are unique and fresh and it sounds like they might have been a bit challenging to create.

• Like 1

Posted the official release of The Duellists. I'll probably add lyrics, but let me know if there any things for me to improve, or anything else you want to see in the custom!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard The Book of Souls! 

I have to be honest, is an EXCELENT album, it's almost flawless. 

All the songs are amazing, specially Empire Of The Clouds, a beautiful opera with Iron Maiden in command, 18 minutes of pure art.

I will buy it as soon as it is released :D 

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

I will buy this straight from their web site to maximize their profit! And though I skipped AMOLAD tour I am definitely going to see this tour the second tickets go on sale! Wish we all could go see this together!

It is the first album since Dance of Death that I like on the first listen. I could already discern the strong character that that last couple of albums were missing. I agree with Brooklyn Sounds that this could've been one of their 80's albums!

The boys are in fine form and if I like it progressively more and more like most of their music this will be a masterpiece!

Bruce piloting a jumbo jet Boeing 747-400 for this tour! BRUCE is definitely one of my biggest heroes!

Long live Maiden! Age-defying album. Always playing with something to prove!

I am proud to say this is my favourite band of all time!!! I actually hope this time that they DO play this album in it's entirety on tour!

The CDLC for this one will be wondrous! Nacholede already got us started!

MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN

Bruce said "I hope this is not the last album, because I had so much fun making this album."

• Like 3