Stupid Question about Mastery..

Ally

Question

This is no doubt a stupid question but anyway, I'm rubbish at guitar, only learning still but i can complete Status Quo - In The Army Now on full difficulty with 92%, proud accomplishment cos its the only song i can get that high on...it tells me you had 92% accuracy but my mastery level hasn't budged from 37%, surely cos i've completed on full difficulty at 92, my mastery should be 92?

18 answers to this question

Basically what @@noahfence said. Go into riff repeater and make sure your at full difficulty. To make sure that you are, use your 9 & 0 keys and your O & P keys to select all the sections of the song. And then move the difficultly slider to the highest level, then exit the song. The next time you play it, the song should be at full difficulty which should affect your mastery score.

This seems to be going around, I had noticed this in Bloodhound Gang - Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo [soilman's Chart] a long while ago from SA before CF.

Not in any of my other CDLC's that I'm aware of.

I had reported it to him but hopefully you guy's can figure this out and I'll link him to this topic as to what the problem may be. It happened after he added auto tone Switching to his chart.

Possibility it's on my end too, I'll wait and see if anyone else seems to have the bug that downloads it, figure out if it's a chart or installation problem. Not sure if I really care about learning either of the other songs on this thread but I'm gonna try one just for the sake of science.

EDIT: Bug is definitely in the chart: (Didn't mean to nail it bro but the chart is kind of an easy play...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nejpgtu3r99dhyq/rs2014-SQ-YITAN.png

Posted Image

• Administrator

It might depend on the version used for the DD creation, i have never seen this on my custom while using the last version of DDC but i've seen it in older custom that might have used an older version of DDC. If someone try to recreate the DD on the file and see if the problem is still there, it could clear that up.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I'm horrid with the charting but I suppose simply repacking shouldn't be an issue for me.

The ratios seem to be different between the files I noticed this in.

The Bloodhound Gang seems to be ~33% actual Mastery

The Status Quo seems to be  ~40% actual Mastery

It's really no big deal to me except for one little dilemma, sometimes I'll do the "Rocksmith Recommends" and it will tell me to get something like 37%~39% on the Bloodhound Gang song, but even in FULL Master Mode, nailing the entire song 100% (which for my ears is an impossibility because the key changes don't line up for me according to the chart,) I can only max the chart at 36.3% mathematically.

Really it don't matter much anymore because I played them for the unlocks and I'm pretty sure I have all the progress content unlocked now.

Thanks, i know its easy, only reason I can play it haha. Least we know its definitely a bug now and not just me doing something really stupid lol

If you want some other songs that you should be able to master quickly:Ramones: Blitzkrieg Bop (Lead; RS2014; Once you get the shifting and strum pattern it's a cinch.)

Ramones: I Wanna Be Sedated (Lead; CDLC; Pretty much the same concept as above)

Queens of the Stone Age: Go With the Flow (Rhythm: RS1; Pack if you have it)

Rob Zombie: Dragula (Lead; CDLC; Surprising this one is pretty easy too; Just a little Vibrato in the beginning and only a tad bit of quick fretting in a couple spots but only for a couple beats)

Marilyn Manson: Tainted Love [Cover] (Lead; CDLC)

---

Getting a little more advanced: (Just a little  ;) )

Marilyn Manson: Sweet Dreams [Cover] (Lead; CDLC; Once you get the riff down it's really fun, the most difficult part of the song would only have to be the riff+slides but not hard to Master and a very recognizable riff.)

I'm sure there's more but I'm just going on what I see to be pretty easy, 

Personally, I think that Bloodhound Gang songs are pretty easy myself, I started on those when I first got into CDLC but a majority of their songs are pretty derogatory. (Come on this is the band that brought you the song "The Bad Touch (Discovery Channel)", which I'm surprised hasn't been charted...)

----

I kind of just realize I went way off topic with this post.... :-

I have a similar "problem" with Pink Floyd - Time on bass. I play flawlessly on 100% difficulty, yet I never got beyond 52.2% Not a big issue but it was confusing for me at first, too.

Thanks, i know its easy, only reason I can play it haha. Least we know its definitely a bug now and not just me doing something really stupid lol

If you want some other songs that you should be able to master quickly:Ramones: Blitzkrieg Bop (Lead; RS2014; Once you get the shifting and strum pattern it's a cinch.)

Ramones: I Wanna Be Sedated (Lead; CDLC; Pretty much the same concept as above)

Queens of the Stone Age: Go With the Flow (Rhythm: RS1; Pack if you have it)

Rob Zombie: Dragula (Lead; CDLC; Surprising this one is pretty easy too; Just a little Vibrato in the beginning and only a tad bit of quick fretting in a couple spots but only for a couple beats)

Marilyn Manson: Tainted Love [Cover] (Lead; CDLC)

---

Getting a little more advanced: (Just a little  ;) )

Marilyn Manson: Sweet Dreams [Cover] (Lead; CDLC; Once you get the riff down it's really fun, the most difficult part of the song would only have to be the riff+slides but not hard to Master and a very recognizable riff.)

I'm sure there's more but I'm just going on what I see to be pretty easy, 

Personally, I think that Bloodhound Gang songs are pretty easy myself, I started on those when I first got into CDLC but a majority of their songs are pretty derogatory. (Come on this is the band that brought you the song "The Bad Touch (Discovery Channel)", which I'm surprised hasn't been charted...)

----

I kind of just realize I went way off topic with this post.... :-

Thanks I can play Ramones on about half difificulty, I just haven't played it enough for it to level up haha, will give some of the others ago. We all go slightly off topic sometimes :P

I was playing around with the Ignore function in EOF the other day -- this allows you to set notes that Rocksmith can see but doesn't count as a hit or miss. BUT: if any of the notes are set to ignore Rocksmith will never report full mastery. On one song, where I'd set entire sections to ignore, the song stuck at 35 percent. On another song, where I only set a few notes to ignore, it stuck at 96%.

I don't know if this is what's happening with these songs, but it's a possibility.

• Like 1