Toopee - Workshop

Toopee

Looks like it's the place to tell the people what I've done and what I'm working on, so here it is!

Done:

Shinedown - Breaking Inside (feat. Lzzy Hale of Halestorm) - v1.1

Shinedown - Cut The Cord - v1.0

Shinedown - If You Only Knew v1.0

Halestorm - Familiar Taste Of Poison v2.3

Halestorm - Freak Like Me v1.0 (no bass for now)

Note: I'm eager to get feedback. If you have anything to say, comment, request, idea, anything, please let me know

• 1 month later...

Update: still working on If You Only Knew by Shinedown (still need to complete the bass)

And also working on Au Paradis by Gérald de Palmas (French artist) I bought the official tab book but it's... Awful, really a disaster, even the voice is not synced, didn't think official material could be that bad.

I think it's unlikely this artist will ever be on RS, and nobody made a CDLC, so I think it's worth a try.

Anyway, I'm having fun transcribing the whole thing by myself (problem is my lack of knowledge concerning the chords)

I'm using Transcribe! which is an awesome tool with lots of functionalities.

The bass was super easy to retrieve, still got some work with the different guitars and other instruments (I can at least hear those: acoustic, electric, electric with echo, violin and banjo which is replaced by a resonator when played live afaik)

If you know of a custom tune that sounds like a banjo or even resonator guitar, I'm interested!

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Uploaded "Familiar Taste Of Poison" by Halestorm

I'm quite proud of this CDLC. I used a few sources for inspiration, but remade a huge part of the tabs.

• Lead: Main riff with the variations you hear on the album track
  • Rhythm: Mostly what you hear on the live performance
  • Bass [Drop C]: I used Transcribe! It's funny how sometimes you think you hear something, but you realize it's wrong. The notes here should be what is really played
  • Bonus: This is just for fun, I transcribed and made an adaptation of the vocal part. Don't take it too seriously, please let me know what you think about it, I wonder if I should do it for my other CLDCs or is it just a waste of time

I took some liberties:
If you listen carefully, the main riff is done by two different guitars (one for Left, the other for Right) and I think the notes are not exactly the same, or maybe just the accents.
For that part, I wrote what you really hear, and what Halestorm plays live. Maybe I'll change it later to have each part of a different track (Lead / Rhythm) but it sounds nice the way it currently is.
Sometimes the riff switches between an open 4th and 5th cord, I might have a few wrong, will try to fix this in an update, but it doesn't sound bad either way.

Disclaimer:
I know there's already a version of this song, but unlike the other one:
- Dynamic Difficulty is handled
- There is sections and phrases
- I think my version is overall more accurate (used Transcribe! to check every single note)
- Vocal is present
- The tempo at the end of the song is correctly done
- Rhythm part is not essentialy blanks (filled with the main part when necessary)
- Yeah, I set my version to 2.1 even if it's the first upload just because I think my version is an improvement over the existing one

If you have any comment, I'll be super happy to hear them, let me know your thoughts and if there's things that should be modified, I'll do it

Added:

Halestorm - Freak Like Me v1.0

That doesn't seem too complicated as is, but so fast I have to say it's too difficult for me, as a rookie!

Lead / Rhythm mostly re-done by myself, the sources were a bit helpful but not that much

Bass to be done, I feel like the sources I've found are completely off and don't want to share something I feel doesn't sound like what's supposed to be played

Lead Solo is supposed to be played using a slide ring. I had to change the octgave and use and Octave Up! tunning to make it playable on Rocksmith, but the overall idea remains the same

Rest of the solo doesn't uses a ring (you'll have some time to put it on right before that part, just throw it away when it's over :p)

Updated Familiar Taste Of Poison by Halestorm (v2.3)

• Fixed the vocal track (I won't wake up"" rather than "I wanna wake up", makes more sense)
  • Fixed the way the second riff is played (lower frets)
  • Added a variation you can hear on the lead track (measure 30, middle of first chorus)
  • Split some arpeggio between lead and rhythm, with an open 3rd cord vs open 2nd cord
  • Used some open 3rd cord on the bass when it made sense
  • Shorten the gap between chord changes / hand shapes

• 3 weeks later...

Updated Devil, by Shinedown (v1.0)

I will make some adjustments, but I think it's a version that's good enough to call it v1.0

I really need comments, I'm definitely not a musician but I tend to think I've quite a good hear.

The challenge here was to go from scratch, as it's a brand new song