What was The 1st Record you bought? And first concert you went to?

twistedsinz

The first gig I ever attended was Robbie Williams with my dad and stepmum who were big fans :p

The first gig I went to on my own, well, with friends, was All American Rejects back when I was about 13/14. 

The first record I bought was apparently the first album by The Prodigy when I was 7 on casette tape. (My mum was a big fan) I'm not really sure what the first record that I consciously went out and bought was, given the age I was when I really started to get into music, it'd probably be something like Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park or Chocolate Starfish by Limp Bizkit

• Like 1

First record.... uhh..... Hybrid Theory from Linkin Park? Or Anthology from Alien Ant Farm? Not too sure, but probably either of those.First concert was Seether. Kinda meh experience, even though they are a decvent band. This year I went to see Soilwork with a couple of friends and that was a BLAST compared to Seether's.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the first album I ever bought was Aerosmith Live Bootleg.  Or that may be the first hard rock album I bought.  If so, I probably bought a Beatles album before that (though i can't remember which was first).

First concert was called Rockfest at Arlington Park Racetrack in Arlington Heights, IL (suburb of Chicago) in 1982.  It had lots of music vendors there (instrument companies, etc.) and the bands included Eddie Money, The Knack, and Girlschool.  I was there to see Judas Priest though, on the Screaming for Vengeance tour.  I got a killer jersey too.  Since it was on Halloween, on the front, the Hellion is carrying a pumpkin and it says, "Trick or Treat Vengeance".  On the back, the Hellion is wearing a witches hat and riding a broom and it says, "Screaming for Halloween".  (though I may have them reversed)  I still have it, but now my wife wears it, and it's almost see-through.  :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

first single - Dead end Kids - Come Right Back 1977  ( a cover of the 1964 song by the Honeycombs )  I was 10 years old

first album - Sex pistols - The Great Rock 'N' Roll swindle 1980 I would have been 12 years old Punk rock was on its way out

first Gig - Sigue Sigue Sputnik Bogiez Cardiff march 6th 1986

• Like 1

Rush 2112 when I was 11 or 12, my friend had introduced me to Rush Roll the Bones when that was released and I had to find more :) First gig was this 

:) 1984, New Brighton Rock where a plethora of bands performed, I was 7 and this opened an addiction to concerts :) 
  • Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

First record I bought was Michael Jackson's Off The Wall. A bit frightening and sad when you look at that LP cover and compare how he looked then to how he looked during the later periods of his life. That was one messed up but talented bloke.  :eek: :sad:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a single counts. The first record I bought was a 45 of Eagles, I know one of the songs was Johnny Come Lately and I think the other was Life In The Fast Lane. I was,, 10 maybe ? The first concert I went to was with my older sister, Def Leppard with Europe opening.

• Like 2

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Album was probably warren g g funk era. First show was deftones. I was 15 around the fur just came out. Show actually didn't sell enough tickets so at last minute they moved it to a smaller venue down the street.

• Like 1

Well, hard to rember first album I bought, remeber buying duran duran, whe I was like in grade for to impress a girl. LOL as a kid dancing to The Reflex. BUt mostly we listened to Judas priest AC/DC and Iron Maiden back in the day, Plus I was really into Alice Cooper, though not many of my friends were.

I remember my dad taking me to some outdoor folky kinda concerts when I was a kid, I'd have to ask, but pretty sure I saw Neil Young at one of them.

I have personally seen Dio (outdoors), Alice cooper a number of times. Iron Madien like 4 times, Queensyrche as they opened for Metallica. Guns and Roses back in the day when they were opening act they opened for maiden on powerslave tour I think. Could of been somewhere in time tour though. Pink Floyd they were whole like 3 hour show. Oh yeah Motorhead they opened for a band I saw to. but I did not see all of there show was late  not really a fan of them. In fact only song I know by them is ace of spades.

Alice puts on a great show, still does but hes a lot older, and crowds are smaller. Maiden of course still puts on a good show, but a lot of the same stuff, Flag during the trooper, etc etc. Metallica was freaking awesome, it was the  And Justice for all tour and I had second row floor seats. Was pushed up right against the fence, end of show shook hands with James and Kurt. For  teenage kid at the time, I felt like king of the world.

They have a music festival in London every summer and its had some big bands.They have like a different stlye of music every night for like 4 days. Always a few bands I would like to see, but work seemed to get in the way, and as I get older man I hate crowds anymore.

• Like 1

My first "albums" were all tapes - listing together as they were all bought with birthday money in one trip to a record store.

Poison - Open Up and Say AHHHHHHHHH

Poison - Look what the cat dragged in

Alice Cooper - Poison and Schools Out

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

Bon Jovi - New Jersey

Pop Will Eat Itself - This Is The Day... This Is The Hour... This Is This!

It was my 9th birthday.

First CD's - once again, splashed out - this time from DoubleDay mail order music in Australia,

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe

Fear Factory - Demanufacture - Remanufacture - Obsolete and Fear is the mindkiller (guess what my fav band was in 1998?)

Michael Jackson - HIStory (pretty sure this was a $5 add on for spending a certain amount - but a great album anyway)

Insane Clown Posse - The Great Milenko - Shutup, it's a great album!

2pac - All Eyez On Me

First Concert - Fear Factory, Sydney Australia, Enmore Theater - probably December 2001

• Like 1

My first "albums" were all tapes - listing together as they were all bought with birthday money in one trip to a record store.

Poison - Open Up and Say AHHHHHHHHH

Poison - Look what the cat dragged in

Alice Cooper - Poison and Schools Out

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

Bon Jovi - New Jersey

Pop Will Eat Itself - This Is The Day... This Is The Hour... This Is This!

It was my 9th birthday.

First CD's - once again, splashed out - this time from DoubleDay mail order music in Australia,

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe

Fear Factory - Demanufacture - Remanufacture - Obsolete and Fear is the mindkiller (guess what my fav band was in 1998?)

Michael Jackson - HIStory (pretty sure this was a $5 add on for spending a certain amount - but a great album anyway)

Insane Clown Posse - The Great Milenko - Shutup, it's a great album!

2pac - All Eyez On Me

First Concert - Fear Factory, Sydney Australia, Enmore Theater - probably December 2001

Hey Great Milenko was a great album. Liked it a lot when i was 14

Metallica - Ride the Lightning was my first album back in 1990. I just found it :) Still has the John Menzies price sticker on it, £13.99!  :shock:

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

First album I bought with my own money = Def Leppard: Hysteria (LP and I still have it, originally bought around December 1987)

Frst Concert: Guns N' Roses - 6th Feburary 1993 (with Skid Row as support act) Mt. Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ

Memories: Moshing on the barricade between GA and A Reserved areas which resulted in severing the cables to the sound booth and halting Skid Row's performance.

Midway through GNR's performance Axl threw his microphone in the crowd.. I tried to get it but had to settle for bruised fingers as it smashed into my finger tips.

Also happened to be Axl's Birthday and was Duff's the day prior so the whole crowd sang them Happy Birthday.

Setlist

Welcome to the Jungle 
Mr. Brownstone 
Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
Attitude (Misfits cover)
Bad Obsession 
Double Talkin' Jive 
Civil War 
Patience (Wild Horses (Intro))
November Rain (It's Alright (Intro))
Drum Solo (Matt Sorum)
Slash Guitar Solo (Slash)
You Could Be Mine 
Speak Softly Love (Andy Williams cover) (Godfather Theme)
Sweet Child O' Mine (The One (Intro))
Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) (with Only Women Bleed (Intro))
Encore:
Paradise City (Pink Floyd's Mother Intro)
  • Like 1