Dynamic Difficulty : Yes

Link : https://mega.nz/#!t1cFUJoL!DUBea-y-1fww7Dbmiwv4Dy8yQGP-Qu7aS1pdFaLyA6I

Finger spaghetti ahoy.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Administrator

So i did a quick playthrough of the lead and the thing that bother me the most is the inconsistency in sustain and hanshape length. You also have some slide that should be unpitch instead of pitched like the one going up to the 12th fret from one chord to another.

There's a few part where you could easily add some handshape (you have clear arpeggios with barre chord shape that don't have any).

It's an interesting start and the tones could use some volume adjustment a little to make it easier to test things up.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

So i did a quick playthrough of the lead and the thing that bother me the most is the inconsistency in sustain and hanshape length. You also have some slide that should be unpitch instead of pitched like the one going up to the 12th fret from one chord to another.

There's a few part where you could easily add some handshape (you have clear arpeggios with barre chord shape that don't have any).

It's an interesting start and the tones could use some volume adjustment a little to make it easier to test things up.

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that! Thanks! :D

Seph was encouraging me to post something up, to get the ball rolling, but the problem is that I typically work on only one custom at a time (though I do have ones in various states of temporary abandonment). LOL I'm still getting the hang of how this group is supposed to work. This is the one I'm working on now, and I just hadn't gotten to those things yet. I'm pretty into arpeggio boxes.

The sustain thing I might've missed though!

How about some of those ungodly chords? The one where you have to go ♫juggaJING!♫ before the starts of the verses (that happen to have a flanger tone, at the moment)....I'm like "WTF, Ken!?"

- Billkwando

• Administrator

Those chord are doable without any trouble and they are pretty standard shape around barre chord so nothing crazy at all.

As for posting, it doesn't have something that you'll update in the next minute, it's just that the more activity there is and discussion the more interesting it will be to share and talk about CDLC creation.

Overall i didn't had any issue regarding the note themselves, might need to do some slow speed RR to really check things properly but at least i wasn't shocked by obvious mistake :)

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Those chord are doable without any trouble and they are pretty standard shape around barre chord so nothing crazy at all.

As for posting, it doesn't have something that you'll update in the next minute, it's just that the more activity there is and discussion the more interesting it will be to share and talk about CDLC creation.

Overall i didn't had any issue regarding the note themselves, might need to do some slow speed RR to really check things properly but at least i wasn't shocked by obvious mistake :)

You must have big hands! LOL I can play Fs and Cs all day long, but when you add that extra pinky, everything goes to hell. Any time there's a chord that is 4 frets next to each other and going up in a ramp kinda shape like that, and it needs to be done quickly, my pinky is like "D00D!"

1-------------

----2---------

--------3-----

------------4-

That was a pretty sweet tab. I haven't even started editing it for accuracy yet. It's nice (and rare) when you get one and it's basically perfect. All I had to do was edit and flatten 2 other tracks of overdubbed guitars down into 1, and that's pretty much all I've done so far. I took the day off work tomorrow, so I can finish it tonight/tomorrow and get started on my 50th L'Arc song, for this weekend.

I was surprised how well the overdrive and solo tone worked (aside from the volumes, of course), but when I start a new L'Arc song, I always load it up in the package for a different song from the same album, and often the tones are nearly ready to go, with very little tweaking. In the case of the solo tone here, I'm going to have to drop an effect (probably the reverb or the EQ) so I can slot a chorus effect in there. I can't think of any other time I've needed to put chorus on a Ken solo, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm hearing (unless it's a flanger, which I definitely HAVE had to do on L'Arc songs before).

Whatchoo think?

- Billkwando

• Administrator

Those chord doesn't bother me cause i've seen them in a lot of occasion in ODLC, they are indeed a bit hard to get but i've seen way worse.

For the tone i haven't looked into it yet, it was just a playthrough nothing too fancy and it's the one of the last thing i fiddle with usually as it will also depend on what exactly is on the chart.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography